Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 216.
#5401 7 years ago

Know what's funny?

I did the washer trick and the shelf promptly broke. I worked the pieces in place while waiting on replacement parts.

...and it's worked perfectly ever since with a broken shelf screwed in place.

So...that's how I left it, never fix what's working.

#5402 7 years ago

Live (Right Now) Premiere of Star Trek Beyond in London - https://www.facebook.com/StarTrek.UK/videos/1039660066142216/

Learned something new. 53 different aliens/species will be in the new movie.

#5403 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Know what's funny?
I did the washer trick and the shelf promptly broke. I worked the pieces in place while waiting on replacement parts.
...and it's worked perfectly ever since with a broken shelf screwed in place.
So...that's how I left it, never fix what's working.

Me too. I've had a broken shelf for months, and it has never worked better.

#5404 7 years ago

So this is interesting investingdad and Nokoro. Have either of you tried it with no Stern shelf and just the CC plastic?

My broken shelf has no screw hole on one side as that is where it shattered -- around the screw hole where the plastic is very thin. I am unsure if I could hold it in place with only a screw on one side.

Additionally, the fish paper (?) behind the whole shelf rig is now twisted as it must of been hit by the mechanism while out of position.

#5405 7 years ago
Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

So this is interesting investingdad and Nokoro. Have either of you tried it with no Stern shelf and just the CC plastic?
My broken shelf has no screw hole on one side as that is where it shattered -- around the screw hole where the plastic is very thin. I am unsure if I could hold it in place with only a screw on one side.
Additionally, the fish paper (?) behind the whole shelf rig is now twisted as it must of been hit by the mechanism while out of position.

Ha! I'm not touching it! I found the perfect balance of brokenness and workingness. It is Nirvana. No way I'm messing with that.

#5406 7 years ago

I tightened the poopy out of the screw where it shattered to hold the broken bit in place.

That was about six months ago at least.

I don't even want to look at the mechanism let alone diagnose it.

1 week later
#5407 7 years ago
#5409 7 years ago

Keep it coming....

#5410 7 years ago

For anyone that is interested, I found my replacement drop-target shelves from Marco. Thanks for all of the advice.

#5411 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

IMHO, a shaker and an external sub are both must have add-ons for ST.

I would like to add an external sub to mine. Is that something special someone sells for pins or is it just a standard thing. How does it hook into the game?

Also I am looking for replacement tags to go in place of the price per game tag and the rules tag, does anyone make cool looking replacements? I just got a custom translight which looks awesome, just trying to finish the look.

#5412 7 years ago
Quoted from Ravennapin:

I would like to add an external sub to mine. Is that something special someone sells for pins or is it just a standard thing. How does it hook into the game?

subs are super easy to install. You just wire it up to the speaker in the bottom of the cab. I just unscrew one side of the panel from inside the cab then run the speaker wires up thru the gap then rescrew down the panel. I typical solder alligator clips to the end of the speaker wire then clip them onto the speaker. Just plug the other end of the wires into the sub and your good to go.

this sub seems to be used by a lot of people and goes on sale frequently:
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_1

#5413 7 years ago
Quoted from Ravennapin:

Also I am looking for replacement tags to go in place of the price per game tag and the rules tag, does anyone make cool looking replacements? I just got a custom translight which looks awesome, just trying to finish the look.

Many of us here think the powered subs sound a lot better with the Pinovators sub woofer plug in board. I know I do and have them on all my games with powered subs.

#5414 7 years ago

Star Trek Premiere is tonight... By me the XD showing is at 10:50pm so prob have to wait till Friday or Sat

#5415 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Star Trek Premiere is tonight... By me the XD showing is at 10:50pm so prob have to wait till Friday or Sat

Unfortunately, I have to wait to see it until my kids are back from overnight camp in a month.

#5416 7 years ago

Waiting for my wife to txt me back. Trying to convince her to see it tonight. Hard to do on a work night but I cant wait, must watch ASAP!

#5417 7 years ago

I love all forms of ST but I'm boycotting the theater showing, I oppose what CBS is doing to Axanar.

#5418 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I love all forms of ST but I'm boycotting the theater showing, I oppose what CBS is doing to Axanar.

I don't think you boycotting the theater is going to do anything but just ruin your own theater experience.

#5419 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

I don't think you boycotting the theater is going to do anything but just ruin your own theater experience.

Not at all, my 4k TV and 7.1 surround sound system is all I need.

#5420 7 years ago

My wife and I are first In line for XD right now. My 4k TV is pretty well-endowed as well. But no way capable of a premier.

#5421 7 years ago

Star Trek Beyond was great! A total roller coaster ride. Everyone in my theater tonight clapped at the end of the movie.

#5422 7 years ago

new Star Trek Prem/Le laser blackout mods are in stock

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

#5423 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not at all, my 4k TV and 7.1 surround sound system is all I need.

Couldn't agree more! I hate going to the movies, especially loud and crowded opening nights! There's nothing like my own confortable couch with just my wife and a glass of wine (and silence)!

#5424 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Star Trek Beyond was great! A total roller coaster ride. Everyone in my theater tonight clapped at the end of the movie.

Did you find yourself getting choked up every time Yelchin was on the screen? Such an unfortunate tragedy.

#5426 7 years ago

That's awesome ectobar. I was just about to post the YT video of him in his place.

Well, here is a toast to extending my goals and dreams well into the future.

#5427 7 years ago

I'm completing final assembly and hand testing the PWMDimmers with Blackout this weekend; so hopefully I'll have them along with the rest of the new products for Stern Star Trek on our website next week.

#5428 7 years ago

Sure beats my 55" "big screen"! I almost asked "What - no ST pinball machine?!" and then I saw his gameroom (at 1:14) in the imbedded video.

(Spoiler alert!) He has an LE.

#5429 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sure beats my 55" "big screen"! I almost asked "What - no ST pinball machine?!" and then I saw his gameroom (at 1:14) in the imbedded video.
(Spoiler alert!) He has an LE.

That's awesome. I only looked at the pictures and thought the same thing.

Makes sense he has one. When you're throwing around that kind of coin, not much is off limits.

#5430 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did you find yourself getting choked up every time Yelchin was on the screen? Such an unfortunate tragedy.

Was really sad when he first was on screen.

Certain Spock scenes got me choked up. I won't reveal the details of them.

#5431 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't like it any more than you do, but the only thing you're accomplishing here is hurting our beloved franchise. The only way we get more Star Trek is for it to bring in millions. That's really the only thing the execs care about. Luckily for all of us, they've already greenlit the 4th movie. I went last night to the premier and will probably go again on Sunday.

Oh and... the movie is GREAT!!

#5432 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I don't like it any more than you do, but the only thing you're accomplishing here is hurting our beloved franchise. The only way we get more Star Trek is for it to bring in millions. That's really the only thing the execs care about. Luckily for all of us, they've already greenlit the 4th movie. I went last night to the premier and will probably go again on Sunday.

There's always various forms of support... even renting on netflix!

#5433 7 years ago

hi, a little ask

for those who recently got a NIB ST PREMIUM from the last run, do these are build with "old" PF that STERN was having in stock
or these are made with "new" PF (caming from the new/same factory as the one having probs as GOT, SMVE & GB) !?
may be hard to say until you work at STERN (...) the better way to get an idea is to check the PF build date...

tanx

#5434 7 years ago

Just saw Star Trek Beyond. It was a solid movie in the spirit of the other two recent ones. A little heavy on the action and light on the plot (with a few holes), but there was enough to please Star Trek fans like me. I got a little teary eyed at the end when you could tell they did some last minute editing to tip their hat to Anton Yelchin.

I couldn't help but think of pinball during it. I was thinking it would be cool if they added some of this movie in a code update. They could make a mode around Jayla, with three shots lit but only one the correct shot. Those who have seen the movie will know what I mean; I won't spoil it for others. Unfortunately, with the inserts, the only way to implement a mode like this would be to make it an award for doing something -- perhaps a black hole award. More unfortunately, I doubt they will do such a big change to the code at this point. Not that they have to -- the code is great. Still, it is fun to dream a little.

#5435 7 years ago

I'm anxious to see the new movie. I'm now a member as of one year ago when I got a STTNG. Absolutely great game and I still enjoy playing it just about every day.

#5436 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'll buy it when it comes out on 4k disc, that's it.

#5437 7 years ago

What do you guys think of the new ship for the new TV series in Jan?
Apparently it was inspired by some concepts in the late 70's

http://www.newsarama.com/30329-cbs-star-trek-series-full-title-ship-debut-date-revealed.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=socialfbspc&cmpid=social_spc_514630

I think the CG looks pretty bad but it is just a teaser. What are your thoughts on the ship design.

#5438 7 years ago

Just saw the movie. Was great. What's even better is that it was shown in Barco Escape. Good experience, my opinion much better than 3D. (It's not 3D).

See this for explanation:

#5439 7 years ago

Interesting screen, I bet that would be awesome. Are the sides stretched a lot?

#5440 7 years ago

In the action scenes you do not notice it. The funny thing is that the sidescreens are on the sides of the theatre, so they are besides you when you are sitting up until halfway the theatre. Somehow they do blend in ok, because the screen is already big. The sidescreens do a very good job of filling your peripherial view, so you feel more "in" the movie.

The sidescreens were not used all the time, but mostly in action scenes. It does make some of those scenes much more dramatic (think of the zoomed in views of the Enterprise stretched out over almost 3 times the screen real estate...)

I liked it.

#5441 7 years ago

just ordered the nebula mod that Zitt created

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-star-trek-nebula-p-15.html

cant wait to install

#5443 7 years ago

I have a ST Pro and I was wondering if anyone has run into the issue where the ball drain is not detected? When the ball drains the pin 'searched' for the ball and eventually prints an error that there is a missing ball. I haven't researched it too much, but I do not recall seeing it mentioned in the forums. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

#5444 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I have a ST Pro and I was wondering if anyone has run into the issue where the ball drain is not detected? When the ball drains the pin 'searched' for the ball and eventually prints an error that there is a missing ball. I haven't researched it too much, but I do not recall seeing it mentioned in the forums. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like trough switch issues. Fairly common. Might just be a loose connection.

#5445 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like trough switch issues. Fairly common. Might just be a loose connection.

I found some tips for debugging the trough on an Indian Jones here: http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/ij2/shop/Trough.htm

I took off the trough cover and tried to diagnose the switches. I pulled up the "Switch Test" maintenance display and all the switches were registering. All the solder looked healthy on the pressure switches. I checked the connections on the power supply to the optical sensors and sure enough, there was about a 1/8" of play in them. I reseated them and the put everything back together and it is working fine.

It was just a loose connection! Thanks jawjaw!

20160727_185933_(resized).jpg20160727_185933_(resized).jpg

20160727_185942_(resized).jpg20160727_185942_(resized).jpg

20160727_190043_(resized).jpg20160727_190043_(resized).jpg

20160727_185955_(resized).jpg20160727_185955_(resized).jpg

#5446 7 years ago

Glad it was something simple.

#5447 7 years ago

I destroyed the post that holds down the right side of the spinner on my ST prem. (cross threaded and twisted off the small screw while replacing the rubber donut) Where would be the best place to order a new post and screw?

side note: don't work on your pin late friday afternoon. if you screw it up it will be out of service for two extra days until replacement parts can be ordered on monday.

#5448 7 years ago
Quoted from rideon67:

I destroyed the post that holds down the right side of the spinner on my ST prem. (cross threaded and twisted off the small screw while replacing the rubber donut) Where would be the best place to order a new post and screw?
side note: don't work on your pin late friday afternoon. if you screw it up it will be out of service for two extra days until replacement parts can be ordered on monday.

Give Stern a call. I've broken screws and other small parts like that, and they've sent me replacements without hesitation, particularly if the game is still covered under warranty.

#5449 7 years ago
Quoted from rideon67:

Marco has pictures of posts, can't you match it up and order tomorrow?

#5450 7 years ago

Gweem, Mustang, Thx for the suggestions. Checked w/ Marco -- out of stock. Got the game from Trent A. (always VERY helpful) He suggests getting it and the plastic piece I need from Stern.

Ham fisted and 6-32 screws are NOT a good combination and I thought combos were good on ST...........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 64.99
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,797 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/109?hl=bursits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.