PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 217.
#5351 7 years ago

What do you think about this "Hero Light" as a topper? It looks like you can change the color, but since it's more of a lamp you'd have to turn it on and off separately from the machine unless you hook it to the internal power supply. I saw it on Etsy.

ST_Topper_(resized).jpgST_Topper_(resized).jpg

#5352 7 years ago

They also had these.

il_570xN.989730999_aom7_(resized).jpgil_570xN.989730999_aom7_(resized).jpg

il_570xN.1020926837_kkos_(resized).jpgil_570xN.1020926837_kkos_(resized).jpg

#5353 7 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

What do you think about this "Hero Light" as a topper? It looks like you can change the color, but since it's more of a lamp you'd have to turn it on and off separately from the machine unless you hook it to the internal power supply. I saw it on Etsy.

That looks nice.

#5354 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes it fits,I have a chrome LE style with flashers under the windows. You do have to use the 2 slide on clips on the front cuz the apron has the 2 slots in front to secure the front. You have to position the 2 clips and screw them into the pf, slide the apron on and secure the back with 2 screws to the 2 pf hangers. Very easy and should take you about an hour or less.

Awesome Thanks!

#5355 7 years ago

Has anybody here needed to replace a laser from Micks Cannon Laser mods? Just curious if anyone has found a suitable replacement. I emailed Mick but he never got back to me. I'd love to just buy the laser from him straight up if I could. Any ideas?

#5356 7 years ago

Just back from Fanboy Comicon and met both Nichelle Nichols (Lieutenant Uhura) and of course William Shatner

Had Nichelle sign the left inlane guide and William signed the right (both in silver sharpie)

Normal meet and greets - fast, but got a fist bump from William and a really nice smile and pic from Nichelle who is a sweetheart and I could tell loved just being with fans

Game plays faster now, with fewer drains and warp ramp is 10X easier to hit

20160625_174410_(resized).jpg20160625_174410_(resized).jpg

20160625_115810_(resized).jpg20160625_115810_(resized).jpg

#5357 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just back from Fanboy Comicon and met both Nichelle Nichols (Lieutenant Uhura) and of course William Shatner
Had Nichelle sign the left inlane guide and William signed the right (both in silver sharpie)
Normal meet and greets - fast, but got a fist bump from William and a really nice smile and pic from Nichelle who is a sweetheart and I could tell loved just being with fans
Game plays faster now, with fewer drains and warp ramp is 10X easier to hit

That's awesome! Great picture!

#5358 7 years ago

Why didn't Uhura have that communication thingy in her ear?

#5359 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Why didn't Uhura have that communication thingy in her ear?

I'm guessing that she simply did not need it as Kirk was sitting 20 feet to her left

bluetoothearpiece_(resized).jpgbluetoothearpiece_(resized).jpg

#5360 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'm guessing that she simply did not need it as Kirk was sitting 20 feet to her left

I think the ear piece is to drown out Kirk, not to listen to him.

#5361 7 years ago

I recently got a Star Trek Premium and I thought it had a shaker motor in it but that was not the case. Anyway, if you have one, installing a Stern "B" shaker motor was fairly simple. Holes and wires were already in the cabinet. Just follow the enclosed directions (that pinballlife included) and off to the races in under an hour.

Now there is a whole lotta shaking going on over here.

#5362 7 years ago

Trying to figure out if I want a GoT or GB for my second pin. Stopped by the Railroad Street tavern today since they have a GoT premium. Honestly, I didn't like not seeing where the ball was and like the Pro version better.

Also played some Monster Bash and MM.

You know what? ST friggin rocks the house. I still want to go back and play it after playing other pins and find myself comparing other games to it. The speed and flow is awesome.

I think GB is in the lead for next game...

#5363 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Trying to figure out if I want a GoT or GB for my second pin. Stopped by the Railroad Street tavern today since they have a GoT premium. Honestly, I didn't like not seeing where the ball was and like the Pro version better.
You know what? ST friggin rocks the house. I still want to go back and play it after playing other pins and find myself comparing other games to it. The speed and flow is awesome.
I think GB is in the less for next game...

Get yourself a STtNG!

#5364 7 years ago

I think GB is in the lead for next game...

I'm with you all the way. I play in a local league that rotates locations among different collectors. The games are incredible: EM's, classic B/W, and modern Sterns. Star Trek has been present at all of the locations and is an absolute blast to play, so much so that I have a ST Premium on order as my first pin even though I wasn't much of a Trekkie before this.

I also have a GB Premium on order. Those 2 games should complement each other very well, so I think you will like that combination for a small collection. Definitely a lot of variety: magnetic slings vs traditional slings, 2 flippers vs 3 flippers, crowded playfield vs open, stop and go vs more of a flow game, double inlanes vs single, wide flipper gap vs traditional, captive balls & drop targets vs none, ect. Both are fast and have great lighting.

I'm also thinking of adding a SMVE as that is another great game, even though the layout is somewhat similar to ST.

But yes, Star Trek rocks!

#5365 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I recently got a Star Trek Premium and I thought it had a shaker motor in it but that was not the case. Anyway, if you have one, installing a Stern "B" shaker motor was fairly simple. Holes and wires were already in the cabinet. Just follow the enclosed directions (that pinballlife included) and off to the races in under an hour.
Now there is a whole lotta shaking going on over here.

I have yet to play a pin with a shaker motor. The feedback through your fingers or palms resting on the machine would be neat.
But I believe the absolute worst thing you could do to a pinball machine would be vibrate the shit out of it. So I don't know if I'll be installing one. Hopefully I can check one out soon though.

#5366 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

I have yet to play a pin with a shaker motor. The feedback through your fingers or palms resting on the machine would be neat.
But I believe the absolute worst thing you could do to a pinball machine would be vibrate the shit out of it. So I don't know if I'll be installing one. Hopefully I can check one out soon though.

The shaker motor on Star Trek is great. Once you get used to the reverberations with every made shot, you'll never go back. Just hold on tight during Klingon MB!

#5367 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

The shaker does not bring the house down. It just rumbles a bit. Games were built for commercial use so a little vibration not an issue. Stern builds there games to accept them so it's pretty much a stock piece. Works great in ST so I highly recommend getting one.

#5368 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

I have yet to play a pin with a shaker motor

Get out there and find one with a shaker motor. One of the best additions to pinball in a long time!
As far as shaking the pin, I agree with jawjaw a pinball machine is pretty tough! I have been to and helped with set up with games at expo they really take a beating while getting moved around. Set them up, plug them in, put the balls in and hit start, good to go!
Atleast 98% of the time!

#5369 7 years ago

IMHO, a shaker and an external sub are both must have add-ons for ST.

#5370 7 years ago

I prefer the pro version as well. It's a very sparse playfield, but it has solid rules, and it flows much better than the premium/LE.

#5371 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Can someone help me out with a couple of pictures of the wiring on your Bally Star Trek game? I'm doing a playfield swap for a buddy and somehow I didn't take enough pictures of one particular area. Can someone please review the pictures below and if you don't mind, please post a couple of detailed pictures of the braid and what it is connected to? I've circled the area in question in red.
I would greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks!

Can't someone help me out with this? Please? Pretty please? The pictures of the area in question are in my original post.

Thanks!

#5372 7 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Can't someone help me out with this? Please? Pretty please? The pictures of the area in question are in my original post.
Thanks!

Wish I could help but I don't have the game.

#5373 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

The official Stern shaker is perfect for Star Trek. I had a Cointaker red tremor shaker on a Metallica pro and I thought it was to over the top.

Also, I connected a Polk 10" subwoofer to my ST pro. Just wow, having a shaker and subwoofer connected to the game really makes a big difference.

#5374 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

the game really makes a big difference

what about the humming sound from the r/flipper some times? Does it come through the sub or is it more from the head speakers?

#5375 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

What about the humming sound from the r/flipper some times? Does it come through the sub or is it more from the head speakers?

The buzzing you hear from the flipper doesn't come through the speakers at all. It emanates from the coil itself.

#5376 7 years ago

Hmmmmm, Guess I will just crank it then!

#5377 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday!

IMG_20160629_113600_(resized).jpgIMG_20160629_113600_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160629_105732_(resized).jpgIMG_20160629_105732_(resized).jpg

#5378 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Joined the club yesterday!

You better call Stern ASAP. Looks like they forgot to give you a lockdown bar ....

#5379 7 years ago

Hey guys!

I filmed a little unboxing / set-up video of my recent Trek: Premium. It's probably nothing ya'll haven't seen before. Ha ha.
But, if you're bored tonight:

Thanks!
Chris Bucci

#5380 7 years ago

Welcome to the club. Remember, this list:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list
as is probably time for a reminder for those new Stern owners.

A more up-to-date; human usable version is here:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=549

#5381 7 years ago

anyone interested in this?

could get 2 pieces

price is about 100,- + shipping

ST_speaker_panel_Grau.pdfST_speaker_panel_Grau.pdf

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#5382 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Welcome to the club. Remember, this list:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-comprehensive-mod-list
as is probably time for a reminder for those new Stern owners.
A more up-to-date; human usable version is here:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=549

Thanks! I used your list to research and snag the handful of mods I definitely wanted to try on my machine.
Thanks for keeping it!

#5383 7 years ago

Hey guys

Can one of you who own a ST Premium post a picture of your under playfield near where the Enterprise is above? I have an orange wire that came loose that I believe drives my bottom right flasher. I think it is connected with the socket to the right, but not sure. See attached picture. I'd just like to compare to yours. Thanks in advance!!

IMG_4187_(resized).JPGIMG_4187_(resized).JPG

#5384 7 years ago

Custom cards for us newbies?

#5387 7 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
Can one of you who own a ST Premium post a picture of your under playfield near where the Enterprise is above? I have an orange wire that came loose that I believe drives my bottom right flasher. I think it is connected with the socket to the right, but not sure. See attached picture. I'd just like to compare to yours. Thanks in advance!!

Here you go

IMG_2901_(resized).JPGIMG_2901_(resized).JPG

#5388 7 years ago

Much appreciated!

#5389 7 years ago

we have some

ST Blackout mods in stock again

this was the last run

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-laser-blackout-mod

#5390 7 years ago

I got Steve Ritchie to sign my return lane plastic today at Pintastic. Looks great in the machine. The only problem is that you can't see his signature when the game is actually on because the light bleeds through. Oh well.

RitchieSignPlastic_(resized).JPGRitchieSignPlastic_(resized).JPG

#5391 7 years ago

Gold would have been a little better... but I had Yeoman "Rand" sign a DE plastic... same result

#5392 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Gold would have been a little better... but I had Yeoman "Rand" sign a DE plastic... same result

Steve chose silver, and when the King chooses, you don't question.

#5393 7 years ago

Hello friends.

After having the typical drop-target issue I was able to apply the fix to the ledge using some CC plastic to shim the ledge. Problem solved, for a few weeks.

After failing again I took a look to find the original ledge piece broken. I know Pinball Life has them on their site, but they are closed for holiday. I also tried reaching my distributor for one, without luck.

I could be a patient lad and wait for 10 days to order one.... or I could ask.....

Does anyone know of an alternate supplier for this $3 part? Stern pn #545-6163-01

Many Thanks

#5394 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Grace Lee Whitney?

#5396 7 years ago

Didn't somebody make one with a credit card cut out?

#5397 7 years ago

Hi investingdad.

I saw a fix (which I have applied) that included backing the original shelf with CC plastic.

I did not see anyone replace the original shelf with CC plastic -- which is much softer than the original plastic.

Lastly, I do remember where a couple of folks with 3D printers had templates for new shelves.

#5399 7 years ago
Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

Hi investingdad.
I saw a fix (which I have applied) that included backing the original shelf with CC plastic.
I did not see anyone replace the original shelf with CC plastic -- which is much softer than the original plastic.
Lastly, I do remember where a couple of folks with 3D printers had templates for new shelves.

I recommend using a piece of plastic to avoid breaking the shelf. I've broken several shelves using the washers because the shelf is made of a brittle plastic, and when it is mounted away from the P.F. because of the washers it has less support. The drop target seems to act like a karate chop and breaks them. I cut out a piece from a credit card that is the exact shape of the shelf and used J.B. Weld to fasten it to the back of the shelf. This gives the brittle shelf a bit of flex so it won't break, keeps it firmly against the P.F. for support and is the correct thickness to resolve the drop target issue.

#5400 7 years ago

Thanks for that tip crwjumper. That's exactly what I will be doing next time. I had used cc plastic behind the shelf before, but I did not extend it behind the screws... nor did I glue them together. I believe those additional steps will help it last much longer.

Now I just need to find a few new shelves from Stern. Pinball Life will be taking orders again in a week if I do not find another option.

Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.95
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.