PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 217.
#5301 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Still really enjoy the game, though. Love the speed, flow, and light show. I haven't played mine in a while either. Finally got my Congo reliable and just got a nice Shadow so have been playing those a lot. Kinda nice to take a break from a pin from time to time. Makes the game feel fresh and fun all over again when you play that first game in a while.

Yeah, I just got a WOZ, so I've been mostly playing that. Completely the opposite of Star Trek. Absolutely no flow and a bit slower. It is all about stacking and not linear progression. I love both games, and it is great having contrast in a small collection. When I went back to ST, I was blown away by the lightening fast flow. The ramps seemed to gobble up my shots and return the ball to me. But, I kept draining quickly as well. Another difference is that you can really trap a ball quite easily in ST. Not so in WOZ. The balls keep rolling off the ends of the flippers, so you need to use different techniques in each game. Keeps me on my toes.

#5302 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Another difference is that you can really trap a ball quite easily in ST. Not so in WOZ. The balls keep rolling off the ends of the flippers ...

I don't recall WOZ being different than other games in terms of being able to trap the ball. Is it possible that your playfield isn't steep enough?

#5303 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't recall WOZ being different than other games in terms of being able to trap the ball. Is it possible that your playfield isn't steep enough?

It's maxed out and, yes, not quite steep enough -- probably about 6.3 degrees. I think it has to do with the angle of my floor in that area. But when I compare the angle of WOZ flippers to Star Trek flippers, Star Trek has a much steeper angle. My friend has TWD and the angle of those is similar to WOZ. When he plays my Star Trek, he has to get used to the new angle. Perhaps Star Trek is the unusual machine.

#5307 7 years ago

FINALLY!!!!! After a year of saving and searching, I joined the club this weekend!!! 700 miles later and I have one of my grail games!!! I got extremely lucky finding this in such GREAT shape. I'll post more pics later. 20160619_203550_resized_(resized).jpg20160619_203550_resized_(resized).jpg

#5308 7 years ago

Do they recast or write him out of the series?

#5309 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do they recast or write him out of the series?

Nah... this is the last one (supposedly)... I have doubts that the fastnfurious director can continue the legacy.
IF if they do continue... they could recast someone given the whole crew is a "look alike".

#5310 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That is a huge bummer. Very talented young actor.
R.I.P.

Agree - this is definitely a bummer. I was just playing my ST last night and enjoying, as always, his call-outs from the movies in the Destroy the Drill mode.

#5311 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Nah... this is the last one (supposedly)... I have doubts that the fastnfurious director can continue the legacy.
IF if they do continue... they could recast someone given the whole crew is a "look alike".

I thought I read an article a while back that said some of the cast is already onboard for a 4th. I think its time to come up with some crazy way to get The Borg into this series.

#5312 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think its time to come up with some crazy way to get The Borg into this series.

zOMG... please no. I Love the Borg... but not in this century. They need to find a way to have an ORGINAL STORY line. I'll absolutely rage quit the movies is they try to remake The Voyage Home.

It wouldn't surprise me if they continue this train-wreck of a timeline... after all we keep paying them tons of money every-time a new one comes out.

#5313 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

zOMG... please no. I Love the Borg... but not in this century. They need to find a way to have an ORGINAL STORY line. I'll absolutely rage quit the movies is they try to remake The Voyage Home.
It wouldn't surprise me if they continue this train-wreck of a timeline... after all we keep paying them tons of money every-time a new one comes out.

I hope the movies keep going forever and the TV series next year is even better.

So sad about Anton Yelchin So his car was not in park, he got out of his car to do something and the car rolled and crushed him.

#5314 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

I hope the movies keep going forever and the TV series next year is even better.
So sad about Anton Yelchin So his car was not in park, he got out of his car to do something and the car rolled and crushed him.

The car in question may have been subject to recall for that problem.

Ho boy...look out lawsuit.

#5315 7 years ago

That's horrible

#5316 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

The car in question may have been subject to recall for that problem.
Ho boy...look out lawsuit.

Where did you read that?

#5317 7 years ago

On the news today. The Jeep in question was going to be recalled for exactly what happened.

#5318 7 years ago

Fn Chrysler

#5319 7 years ago

On the news today. The Jeep in question was going to be recalled for exactly what happened.

Oh there's gonna be a lawsuit.

#5320 7 years ago

Heard the same thing on ABC news... BUT; they said that the fix for Recall was only a week old... and they hadn't yet notified people that a recall was available.

#5321 7 years ago

While waiting for my ST Pro... Stern had a factory tour vid on their FB page posted on May 25.
They were doing a bunch of ST Pros... And I thought hey, one of those might be mine! How cool would that be!

Took delivery last week, decided to find the build date sticker today.
And indeed it was built on May 25. So there is a slim chance one of those machines in the vid was mine!

#5322 7 years ago

Can someone help me out with a couple of pictures of the wiring on your Bally Star Trek game? I'm doing a playfield swap for a buddy and somehow I didn't take enough pictures of one particular area. Can someone please review the pictures below and if you don't mind, please post a couple of detailed pictures of the braid and what it is connected to? I've circled the area in question in red.

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks!

startrek_area_(resized).jpgstartrek_area_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160524_223308_(resized).jpgIMG_20160524_223308_(resized).jpg

#5323 7 years ago

Is there any updated or recent rules list?

I've figured most of the stuff out on the ST Pro, but still not sure on a few.

1 - What does the Captains Chair do?

2 - During a mission, Prime Directive for example... all shots are blue, but I'll get one flashing blue/yellow.
As well, one will go white/light purple.

3 - Shields?

4 - Away team - I know this is for starting next mission as well, but sometimes is on it's own with a call out.

#5324 7 years ago

So I decided to make my own Star Trek Shooter rod and purchased these two items off Ebay

Limited 18k Gold Plated Star Trek Logo Metal Pin brooch prop badge communicator for $5 (75% off)
And
Star Trek UFP Starfleet Command Logo 1.25" Metal Pin- FREE S&H (STPI-SC01) for $12

Which one do you think would look better?

I have already flattened out the end of the black plastic on the rod and will cement one of them this weekend. Vote now!

2016-06-23_07.30.13_(resized).jpg2016-06-23_07.30.13_(resized).jpg

#5325 7 years ago

the one on the left

#5326 7 years ago

Has anyone had to re-apply the circle cliffy above the STLE magnet? What did you use to stick it back with? Don't want to superglue it.

#5327 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

So I decided to make my own Star Trek Shooter rod and purchased these two items off Ebay
Limited 18k Gold Plated Star Trek Logo Metal Pin brooch prop badge communicator for $5 (75% off)
And
Star Trek UFP Starfleet Command Logo 1.25" Metal Pin- FREE S&H (STPI-SC01) for $12
I have already flattened out the end of the black plastic on the rod and will cement one of them this weekend. Vote now!

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the one on the left

the one on the right

#5328 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Is there any updated or recent rules list?
I've figured most of the stuff out on the ST Pro, but still not sure on a few.
1 - What does the Captains Chair do?
2 - During a mission, Prime Directive for example... all shots are blue, but I'll get one flashing blue/yellow.
As well, one will go white/light purple.
3 - Shields?
4 - Away team - I know this is for starting next mission as well, but sometimes is on it's own with a call out.

1. Complete a row of missions on the grid and you awarded a Super. Either Super Ramps, Pops, or Spinner depending upon which row you completed.
PD/SJ/StE = Ramps. PD,KB,DtD = Pops. DtD, Nero, StE = Spinner. Supers are for X number of hits. Captains chair flashes while you have supers remaining.

2. At the end of the mode, you will be given a multicolored shot which counts as 2 shots towards your medals. It's always the same shot. For PD its the right ramp. KB is left ramp. Think StE gives you a couple options (spinner and right orbit?). DtD is the left vuk. Not sure about SJ. Nero is the Black Hole target.

3. Complete shields to re light your kickback.

4. During level 1 modes, after completing 1 mode shot, Away Team is lit to start a Galatic Mode. Galatic Modes typically have just 1 or 2 shots your going for and are worth good points.

#5329 7 years ago

As far as a strategy guide. You don't need one. While there are most certainly some scoring strategies that you can work towards, all the real points are in doing well in the modes and getting medals, and then making it to the wizard modes to cash in those medals.

Here's a general strategy progression:

Get used to all the shots. Play a variety of modes. Try out an occasional level 2/3 mode.
Get Captains chair lit, regularly. Get the super points. Ramps are a good starting point.
Get Captains chair lit for 2 supers at the same time.
Once you can make it fairly regularly to KM, then you want to start exploring some of the more advanced scoring options.

#5330 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

1. Complete a row of missions on the grid and you awarded a Super. Either Super Ramps, Pops, or Spinner depending upon which row you completed.
PD/SJ/StE = Ramps. PD,KB,DtD = Pops. DtD, Nero, StE = Spinner. Supers are for X number of hits. Captains chair flashes while you have supers remaining.
2. At the end of the mode, you will be given a multicolored shot which counts as 2 shots towards your medals. It's always the same shot. For PD its the right ramp. KB is left ramp. Think StE gives you a couple options (spinner and right orbit?). DtD is the left vuk. Not sure about SJ. Nero is the Black Hole target.
3. Complete shields to re light your kickback.
4. During level 1 modes, after completing 1 mode shot, Away Team is lit to start a Galatic Mode. Galatic Modes typically have just 1 or 2 shots your going for and are worth good points.

Thanks for the reply!

It's my first pin and really enjoying it.

2 - I do see the blue/yellow flashing.... but at the same time I see on that is white/purple. Only unknown I have now. Maybe have to play with the glass off for a bit. When ever I see that shot and want to see what it does, I never make it.

As far as progression... I need to get alot better at pinball in general. Have a long way to go. lol

#5331 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Thanks for the reply!
It's my first pin and really enjoying it.
2 - I do see the blue/yellow flashing.... but at the same time I see on that is white/purple. Only unknown I have now. Maybe have to play with the glass off for a bit. When ever I see that shot and want to see what it does, I never make it.
As far as progression... I need to get alot better at pinball in general. Have a long way to go. lol

We'll have to let another pro owner chime in. While code is the same, the lights behave a little differently as there aren't color changers in the pro.

ST is an excellent pin. Easy enough to have some fun without knowing too much, but enough substance to keep you occupied once you get the hang of things.

Have a read through this thread. Most of the game is covered.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player

#5332 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

And

That pin on the left looks exactly like the Marco Specialities shooter rod knob.

pinballshooter_(resized).jpgpinballshooter_(resized).jpg

#5333 7 years ago

can I use this metal apron on Star Trek Pro? I hate the cheap feel of the stock apron, and will eventually powder coat my legs and rails, could get this painted the same color if it fits the machine.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1969

#5334 7 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

That pin on the left looks exactly like the Marco Specialities shooter rod knob.

Shhh... That's how Marco turns a $5 Chinese emblem into a $100 custom knob. Oh... Some glue too

#5336 7 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Yes . . . . at a fraction of the cost. $12 for Ebay pin and $15 for the rod (from Marco by the way), a little belt sander, a little dremel tool and some E6000 glue. There is probably someone selling the pins cheaper on Ebay but I didn't do much research other than looking for something about 1 1/4" in diameter.

The pins, decals, patches etc all probably come out the same factory in China.

#5337 7 years ago

So I got 1 vote for each of them. You guys are not helping. I might have to go get a second $15 rod and do both.

#5338 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

So I got 1 vote for each of them. You guys are not helping. I might have to go get a second $15 rod and do both.

the one on the left will fit better and a better finish, you will scratch yourself with the one on the right.

#5339 7 years ago

STAR TREK 25TH....How the heck to do light the "Shields On"???

#5340 7 years ago

Won't be long now ...

StarTrek_Beyond_(resized).jpgStarTrek_Beyond_(resized).jpg

#5341 7 years ago

BRENT SPINER If you love him, go watch the new Independence day You get to see "lots" of Mr. Spiner. Just got home from watching. I will have to say, he really tied the movie together. Without him It would have fell apart.

Independence-Day-brent-spiner-280x150_(resized).jpgIndependence-Day-brent-spiner-280x150_(resized).jpg

#5342 7 years ago

That's awesome to hear but kinda sad at the same time.
Was this an early preview? as I thought it'd launch on July4 like last time... NM. I stand corrected... I was thinking they'd open it at least next weekend. Maybe I'll wait until the 4th to watch it.

#5343 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

BRENT SPINER If you love him, go watch the new Independence day You get to see "lots" of Mr. Spiner. Just got home from watching. I will have to say, he really tied the movie together. Without him It would have fell apart.

He's a shoo in for the John Popaduik mini-series.

#5344 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

I thought they showed him dead in that windowed lab in the first one.

#5345 7 years ago

Ok I'm in, picked this baby up 6 months ago, one of Sterns best in my opinion

#5346 7 years ago

Nice! And I am liking that south park too!!!!!

#5347 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

can I use this metal apron on Star Trek Pro? I hate the cheap feel of the stock apron, and will eventually powder coat my legs and rails, could get this painted the same color if it fits the machine.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1969

Anyone know?

#5348 7 years ago

Yes it fits,I have a chrome LE style with flashers under the windows. You do have to use the 2 slide on clips on the front cuz the apron has the 2 slots in front to secure the front. You have to position the 2 clips and screw them into the pf, slide the apron on and secure the back with 2 screws to the 2 pf hangers. Very easy and should take you about an hour or less.

#5349 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought they showed him dead in that windowed lab in the first one.

The movie will explain everything... I recommend the film "only" if you like Brent Spiner. If you don't, you may want to just re-watch the first film.

#5350 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

The movie will explain everything... I recommend the film "only" if you like Brent Spiner. If you don't, you may want to just re-watch the first film.

I love the original so I'll see and buy the new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.