PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 217.
#5201 7 years ago

Zitt, the assembly doesn't work when plugged into L or R. The R assembly works when plugged into both L and R. Wouldn't that rule out a bad transistor?

#5202 7 years ago

I took out the L gate assembly and one of the wires is disconnected from the coil, looks like I need to get a new assembly. I reconfirmed that the power to the L gate is working properly by hooking the R gate up to it and checking that it works under the coil test (#51).

IMG_6421_(resized).JPGIMG_6421_(resized).JPG

#5203 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

So, I got out my VOM and checked the lead coming from the board where it is now unhooked under the play field. It has 75 volts coming out of it continuously. Correct me if I am wrong, but there should be no voltage until a command is sent to energize the coil and then it should only be 50 volts?

There is always voltage at all pinball coils. The transistor that drives the coil merely grounds the circuit to activate the coil. If the coil activates as soon as you turn on the game, there's a good chance the transistor is shorted and needs to be replaced.

Rob

#5204 7 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I took out the L gate assembly and one of the wires is disconnected from the coil, looks like I need to get a new assembly. I reconfirmed that the power to the L gate is working properly by hooking the R gate up to it and checking that it works under the coil test (#51).

Just the coil needs replacing, not the whole assembly. Sometimes you can unwind 1 turn of wire and re-solder that to the coil lug. It's coated wire so you need to sand the end of the wire before soldering.

Rob

#5205 7 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

ok, thanks. Found the connector and plugged it in. Does not fire during coil test. Reversed the R and L gate plugs and the R still fires (under coil 51 which is the L) and the L still does not fire (under coil 52 which is the R). So this tells me the L gate needs to be replaced correct?

Be very careful here. I burned up a coil and transistor due to a wire hanging up on the vengeance restricting it's movement and therefore first burning up the coil and then burning up my #53 driver board transistor. Test your coil first and make sure it ohms out to the amount printed on the coil cover. If the coil is good, check continuity from the coil to the board. Then check your #51 transistor by placing one probe of your ohm meter on the tip on the transistor and the other probe to ground. There should be no continuity at all. If you have a dead short or any resistance value shows up you need to replace the transistor.

A bad/shorted coil will eventually wipe out you transistors in your power driver board. Your gate was likely unplugged for a reason. Find the reason first.

#5206 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is always voltage at all pinball coils. The transistor that drives the coil merely grounds the circuit to activate the coil. If the coil activates as soon as you turn on the game, there's a good chance the transistor is shorted and needs to be replaced.
Rob

My Vengeance release coil has no voltage at it when the machine is on and the coil is not being used.

#5207 7 years ago

U can replace just the coil, for the orbit gate. I've done it.

#5208 7 years ago

any recommendations on where to get the coil (090-5060-01-ND)? Marco has it listed but out of stock, don't see it anywhere else except some place called Suzohapp. Should I contact Stern?

#5209 7 years ago

Happ is a well known arcade supplier.
I've bought stuff from them.

#5210 7 years ago

So a few times I've been awarded a "bones combo" on my ST pro. Any idea how this is earned?

#5211 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

So a few times I've been awarded a "bones combo" on my ST pro. Any idea how this is earned?

I believe it is left loop followed by left ramp. "I'm a doctor not a pinball wizard!"

#5212 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

My Vengeance release coil has no voltage at it when the machine is on and the coil is not being used.

If you are measuring between the two coil lugs there won't be a perceived voltage because there is no difference in potential between those two lugs. Test from each lug to ground to see the true voltage. Also, if the coin door is open there won't be HV either.

#5213 7 years ago

Bones combo, Uhura combo, Kirk combo, Spock combo.

Not sure how they're awarded, but the Spock combo seems the hardest as I've only heard the call out a few times.

Any others?

#5214 7 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

any recommendations on where to get the coil

Mine came from my distributor.

#5215 7 years ago

there is something annoying about getting a new pin, inviting your friends over to share in your happiness and not being able to get a high score on your own machine because the douche bags are better than you are.

mental note to self - don't tell anyone you when you get a new machine. if anyone asks just say "oh yeah I've had that one for years"

#5216 7 years ago

Is there a guide anywhere that shows what shot gets doubled for each mission when you beat all 3 levels on stern Star Trek?

#5217 7 years ago

Is there a guide anywhere that shows what shot gets doubled for each mission when you beat all 3 levels on stern Star Trek?

I have these instruction cards on my game that lays out all the shot multipliers and three in a row. Done by aurich.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-stern-star-trek-instruction-cards-1

#5218 7 years ago

Still looking to join the club. Anyone selling in the southeast??

#5219 7 years ago

Today is the last day I'm taking "pre-order" demand loads for the new designs I've been working on for the Stern Star Trek machines. More information here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-trek-products

I intend to only order enough boards to satisfy demand. so; if you are interested in any of these designs - please load your demand via the red link “Out of Stock, Get notified when re-stocked“ at the top of each product page. Doing so will get you a one-time, time limited 10% off coupon code for the product when it goes in stock. If I can get 50 people interested in each design; the assembly costs become cheaper... making the product cheaper for everyone. Here's each product page for your reference:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-star-trek-nebula-p-15.html
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-uss-kelvin-stadiumleds-p-8.html
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-stern-star-trek-star-trek-gi-dimmer-p-41.html

Looks like there will be only 20 or so of each design - the nebula and dimmer being the most popular. It doesn't look like we'll get to 50 people by tonight.

#5220 7 years ago

Hi guys! I am so excited that tonight I can FINALLY join the club.

I picked up a Premium Trek from the great guys at "Little Shop of Games." It has less than 100-plays ... a beautiful machine.

Just curious .... were there any promotional plastics / key chains for this machine?! I like to display and collect them for games that I own and was disappointed mine (which had stuff stapled to the cabinet still unopened) did not come with anything but extra slings and lane plastics. If so ... does anyone have some they would like to part with!? Shoot me a message if you do.

Anyway, great to be part of the club! Love this game! Time to back-track to the first post and start reading!

Sincerely,
Chris Bucci

13413497_10153436493001626_1877868068776324158_n_(resized).jpg13413497_10153436493001626_1877868068776324158_n_(resized).jpg

IMG_6312_(resized).JPGIMG_6312_(resized).JPG

#5221 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hi guys! I am so excited that tonight I can FINALLY join the club.
I picked up a Premium Trek from the great guys at "Little Shop of Games." It has less than 100-plays ... a beautiful machine.
Just curious .... were there any promotional plastics / key chains for this machine?! I like to display and collect them for games that I own and was disappointed mine (which had stuff stapled to the cabinet still unopened) did not come with anything but extra slings and lane plastics. If so ... does anyone have some they would like to part with!? Shoot me a message if you do.
Anyway, great to be part of the club! Love this game! Time to back-track to the first post and start reading!
Sincerely,
Chris Bucci

Congrats! I have a Pro and didn't get any promotional goodies. Just the extra slings, etc. There is a really nice metal shield emblem key chain at the online Star Trek store that I believe is about $15. It looks great with the game.

#5222 7 years ago

Welcome to the club! Now get those cliffys and the ramp protectors if you don't have them already.

#5223 7 years ago

Here is mine, purchased from captain_kirk. It is in great shape and already had a few mods
GI dimmer
Upgraded red laser
Warp ramp light diffuser
Aurichs translit package
I have added,
Lighted flipper buttons
Lighted shooter housing
Cliffy protectors
And pondering zitts pop bumper caps right now

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5224 7 years ago

Looks awesome!!!

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I see some promo plastics that are labeled as "Stern Promotional." But, I don't know of anyone who got them with their game.
Still hoping someone has 'em to sell 'em. Ha ha.

#5225 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Here is mine, purchased from captain_kirk. It is in great shape and already had a few mods
GI dimmer
Upgraded red laser
Warp ramp light diffuser
Aurichs translit package
I have added,
Lighted flipper buttons
Lighted shooter housing
Cliffy protectors
And pondering zitts pop bumper caps right now

Ohhhh that looks nice, if I may say that my Leg Light-Ups compliment beatmasters shooter housing light up very nicely.

#5226 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Looks awesome!!!
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I see some promo plastics that are labeled as "Stern Promotional." But, I don't know of anyone who got them with their game.

My LE came w/ a promotional enterprise plastic. I've seen a few other promo plastics on ebay, but I'm not sure if they are genuine or which games they came with.

fcc08ce6513ed67b9c4855b6bb07c867_(resized).jpgfcc08ce6513ed67b9c4855b6bb07c867_(resized).jpg

#5227 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

, if I may say that my Leg Light-Ups compliment

I agree but its just too much flashy for me. Have thought about some green ones for my space station though!

#5228 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I agree but its just too much flashy for me. Have thought about some green ones for my space station though!

OK, thanks for considering them.

#5229 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

My LE came w/ a promotional enterprise plastic. I've seen a few other promo plastics on ebay, but I'm not sure if they are genuine or which games they came with.

There are some that are the United Federation of Planets, Klingon insignia, Enterprise, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting. I'll have to look. There's also a bumper sticker that says "Have you played Star Trek pinball today?"

#5230 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

There are some that are the United Federation of Planets, Klingon insignia, Enterprise, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting. I'll have to look. There's also a bumper sticker that says "Have you played Star Trek pinball today?"

ive seen that bumper sticker, i want one!

#5231 7 years ago

I know a lot of purists poo-poo aftermarket toppers, but I happen to like toppers (the wilder the better). Any links or info on options?

#5232 7 years ago

Anyone know which toy enterprise is used on the prem/le over the shooter lane? I was wanted to put one on my pro.

#5233 7 years ago

Also if anyone has an Aurich package to sell, please contact me

#5234 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Anyone know which toy enterprise is used on the prem/le over the shooter lane? I was wanted to put one on my pro.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9830-00

#5235 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Looks awesome!!!

Here is one for you Chris.
Not for sale... but you can have it
PM me your address

20160610_064917_(resized).jpg20160610_064917_(resized).jpg

#5236 7 years ago

Damn Kiwipinhead!! PM'd! Ha ha.
Thanks man, going RIGHT on the ole' promo board next to the game!!!

#5237 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Damn Kiwipinhead!! PM'd! Ha ha.
Thanks man, going RIGHT on the ole' promo board next to the game!!!

No problem at all!

Loved watching the videos you made about your pins, which got me more into this crazy hobby

#5238 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Here is one for you Chris.
Not for sale... but you can have it
PM me your address

Hey Kiwipinhead, your Hobbit pin looks awesome!!!

Yeah, I was wondering about that... Still hoping someone has 'em to sell 'em. Ha ha.

Can I PM you my address?

#5239 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey Kiwipinhead, your Hobbit pin looks awesome!!!
Yeah, I was wondering about that... Still hoping someone has 'em to sell 'em. Ha ha.
Can I PM you my address?

Sure, why not, I do have another

#5240 7 years ago

Arm phase cannons on Balrog!

#5241 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Arm phase cannons on Balrog!

Wave Motion Gun.....Fire!

ARGO_DEEP_SPACE_(resized).jpgARGO_DEEP_SPACE_(resized).jpg

#5242 7 years ago

My buddy Eric and I will bring our ST Pro's to SFGE in ATL this weekend. Mine will be for sale. Looking forward to seeing some old and new Pinside friends at the show. Don't be shy, come and play!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5243 7 years ago

Second call for leads to topper options

#5244 7 years ago

Spida1a ...LE goodie bag

20160612_151134_(resized).jpg20160612_151134_(resized).jpg

#5245 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the pic!
Guess I have some hunting to do! Ha ha.

#5246 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Second call for leads to topper options

www.tilttopper.com

#5247 7 years ago

I really hate that topper. It's really a joke.
I think to avoid copyright issues; the "artist" used a model/render of a non-existant enterprise like ship as the main centerpiece on that POS. I'm glad *some* people find it acceptable; but I just don't. It's not accurate to ANY star trek series... much less the JJAbrams 'verse.

#5248 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I really hate that topper. It's really a joke.
I think to avoid copyright issues; the "artist" used a model/render of a non-existant enterprise like ship as the main centerpiece on that POS. I'm glad *some* people find it acceptable; but I just don't. It's not accurate to ANY star trek series... much less the JJAbrams 'verse.

I thought it was faithful to the STTNG series....

#5249 7 years ago

Thanks for the lead. I also found this one at cointaker (from laserific). I think I might like this one better. However, one would think that with all the mods available for st, that there would be some more interesting options (e.g. lighted ship replicas).

http://cointaker.com/products/star-trek-laseriffic-topper

#5250 7 years ago

So I put several mods on the machine and now the vengeance lists to the players right. There is nothing binding and ship moves in all directions freely. The ship can be placed in a neutral position but after several hits it looks like this. any thoughts on fixing it?

Star_Trek_081_(resized).JPGStar_Trek_081_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/105?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.