PXL_20240127_043801582.MP (resized).jpg
Star Trek LE Plate (resized).jpg
Star Trek Board 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 217.
#5001 8 years ago

Not sure about prem and le, but on pro the 'T' flashes when the virtual kickback is active. As far as I know, all the trek letters do is increase spinner value when all are lit.

#5002 8 years ago

No it's not a bug. I just played the pin. If a light is lit (one of the TREK) and you make a shot that's lit for the mode the TREK light will change to that mode color.

It might not mean anything except to use the color changing inserts. I was thinking maybe there is something in the rules where you'd get more points by hitting a colored in lane but probably not.

#5003 8 years ago

The color is just showing off, no extra point. The inlanes do light the kickback. Both virtual and physical.

#5004 8 years ago

Looking to join the club with a 25th on the 50th anniversary. It is still in the garage but I should get it to the game room tonight. I spent an hour rearranging the room to make enough space to squeeze it in later.

IMG_1340.JPG-1_(resized).jpegIMG_1340.JPG-1_(resized).jpeg

#5005 8 years ago

One question, when I played it the DMD did not say MISSED when I missed the ball launch skill shot. I used to play one years ago and distinctly recall that being displayed. I confirmed it with visual pinball as well. I am not sure what roms are in this machine as it is still wrapped up, but could it be a rom issue? I played the game for 2 hours without any issue other than that.

#5006 8 years ago

Mine does the missed... unless you don't miss.

#5007 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Mine does the missed... unless you don't miss.

Right and on this if you miss it just shows an empty explosion. Once I get it setup I will check the cables to the DMD and report back on the version of the CPU and Display Roms.

#5008 8 years ago

On boot up I get

DISPLAY: STARTREK A0.27

STARTREK 4/30/92
USA VER. 2.01

I am guessing the display rom needs an update?

#5009 8 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Looking to join the club with a 25th on the 50th anniversary. It is still in the garage but I should get it to the game room tonight. I spent an hour rearranging the room to make enough space to squeeze it in later.

IMG_1340.JPG-1_(resized).jpeg

Congrats. From that one picture it looks to be in great shape. Is it?

#5010 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I'm new to the ST club... just took delivery of a pristine ST premium. Very excited. Sorry if this has already been posted (but there are 100 pages on this thread... it will take me some time to get through them all). Three isses:
1)Sound: Can't seem to get the sound right (callouts seem muted and poor quality). Any recs on sound settings? (I do have a polk sub already hooked up)
2) Warp ramp. Prior owner had the thing jacked up past 7 deg. Warp ramp is really tough on the secondary shots (ball bounces and virtually impossible to hit the repeat shots). What's the preferred playfield angle or other tweaks for the warp ramp. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I dive into the game a bit more.
3) At times, Vengeance drop target seems to fail to register a lot with direct shots. Is it programming (not registering hits at times) or do I need to adjust the target? My suspicion is that the target needs to be adjusted.

20160306_131813_(resized).jpg

Had the same sound problem.... it's an easy fix. Below is my post and following that is the fix

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/92#post-2870397

#5011 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I'm new to the ST club... just took delivery of a pristine ST premium. Very excited. Sorry if this has already been posted (but there are 100 pages on this thread... it will take me some time to get through them all). Three isses:
1)Sound: Can't seem to get the sound right (callouts seem muted and poor quality). Any recs on sound settings? (I do have a polk sub already hooked up)
2) Warp ramp. Prior owner had the thing jacked up past 7 deg. Warp ramp is really tough on the secondary shots (ball bounces and virtually impossible to hit the repeat shots). What's the preferred playfield angle or other tweaks for the warp ramp. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I dive into the game a bit more.
3) At times, Vengeance drop target seems to fail to register a lot with direct shots. Is it programming (not registering hits at times) or do I need to adjust the target? My suspicion is that the target needs to be adjusted.

Had the same sound problem.... it's an easy fix. Below is my post and following that is the fix

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/92#post-2870397

#5012 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

#5013 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

#5014 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Got the same machine had same problem ... fix below

#5015 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Had same sound issue, check out my post and following answers

#5016 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats. From that one picture it looks to be in great shape. Is it?

Immaculate condition save for the broken blue chaser lights

#5017 8 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Immaculate condition save for the broken blue chaser lights

Your very lucky, sounds like a keeper.

#5018 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your very lucky, sounds like a keeper.

Here are some better photos.

LED LightsLED Lights

DSC_0070_(resized).jpgDSC_0070_(resized).jpg

DSC_0084_(resized).jpgDSC_0084_(resized).jpg

DSC_0073_(resized).jpgDSC_0073_(resized).jpg

DSC_0080_(resized).jpgDSC_0080_(resized).jpg

DSC_0079_(resized).jpgDSC_0079_(resized).jpg

The hole was touched up rather well, but could use a Cliffy to protect it going forward

DSC_0078_(resized).jpgDSC_0078_(resized).jpg

#5019 8 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Here are some better photos.
LED Lights
DSC_0070_(resized).jpg
DSC_0084_(resized).jpg
DSC_0073_(resized).jpg
DSC_0080_(resized).jpg
DSC_0079_(resized).jpg
The hole was touched up rather well, but could use a Cliffy to protect it going forward
DSC_0078_(resized).jpg

WOW!!! That's the nicest one I've ever seen. Your camera takes great pictures too, is it a 35mm?

#5020 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! That's the nicest one I've ever seen. Your camera takes great pictures too, is it a 35mm?

Nikon D5100 DSLR with a Tamron 18-270 lens.

Has anyone removed/bypassed the CFL ballast on their transporter to put in an LED replacement G23 Bulb? My ballast takes a long time to fire up the CFL and I also like the concept of saving some more electricity using this:

http://www.amazon.com/HERO-LED-G23D-8W-DW-Rotatable-Fluorescent-Replacement/dp/B015E1NBHS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

#5021 8 years ago

Does anyone know the size screw and serial number for the screw that goes on the red bumper cap? I was going to order it but Marco didn't know. Does a bumper cap fit under the beta ramp bumper. Thx

#5022 8 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Nikon D5100 DSLR with a Tamron 18-270 lens.

Excellent camera.

#5023 8 years ago

I recently got a Sttng pinball. He said there were no issues but of course there were. When I play the Sttng suddenly the all the flippers stop working. I did not set off the tilt. It happens periodically. Also one time the machine powered off and restarted. What is the problem. Please help me

#5024 8 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Does a bumper cap fit under the beta ramp bumper. Thx

The cap under the ramp needs to be a cut-away cap. Aka, just take a cap to a band saw and cut the notch out so it can fit under the ramp. Or, buy the cap that has this portion cut out.

For more information on this go here: http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/sttng_pop_bumper/sttng_pop_bumper.html

#5025 8 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

I recently got a Sttng pinball. He said there were no issues but of course there were. When I play the Sttng suddenly the all the flippers stop working. I did not set off the tilt. It happens periodically. Also one time the machine powered off and restarted. What is the problem. Please help me

Flipper related issues can be isolated via the flipptronic's board.

For game resets see this URL: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Game resets:
"One of the more annoying faults exhibited by WPC machines is the chronic reset problem. The game will restart, often when both flippers are used at the same time. Note that game resets are a power issue. "Slam Tilts" are something completely different (see above).
There are several possible reasons for game resets. Before doing any work on the circuit boards, it is recommended that a number of much easier to fix, and just as probable root causes, be examined.
Possible causes are listed below, in the recommended order of examination. This order is a derived from a combination of "ease of examination" crossed with "probability of root cause". The standard advice dispensed on RGP to change BR2 and C5 is often wrong and unnecessary. If BR2/C5 are changed out and the game no longer resets, some will conclude that, sure enough, BR2/C5 was the problem. What is being missed is that along with replacing those components, at the very least, the connectors on the board are being reseated, the solder on the cap and bridge is being reflowed, and the board ground to the backplane is perhaps better due to torquing the screws better. Any of these changes can improve voltage/current enough to reduce the frequency or eliminate resets."

#5026 8 years ago

Thank you for the info

#5027 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else have an issue with being able to increase the volume of the speech/callouts on their Stern ST?
Whenever I increase the #51 Speech Adjustment it actually DECREASED the call outs. So ... I reduced it to ZERO, then finally down to NEGATIVE 20 and in each case it got louder and louder. Finally, I can hear the game speech clearly. Why is this seemingly coded in reverse?
PhotoGrid_1451099807029_(resized).jpg

Here is where I ended up ... love these settings ...

Under standard adjustments
#47 Music Volume = 1

Under feature adjustments
#50 Music Volume = zero
#51 Speech adjustment Minus = 20

#5028 8 years ago

I have noticed another problem. When the game first starts up only the right cannon moved back and forth. The left does not move. When I play the game both cannons work fine. Does anyone one what's going on?

#5029 8 years ago

Thanks mt45, i tried those settings and it's much better now

#5030 8 years ago

I've been wanting to join this club for quite a while. I finally found my machine. What an awesome game.

I'm thinking some mods are in order, perhaps a new Klingon Bird of Prey, and a Color DMD...

IMG_0158_(resized).jpgIMG_0158_(resized).jpgIMG_0162_(resized).jpgIMG_0162_(resized).jpgIMG_0161_(resized).jpgIMG_0161_(resized).jpgIMG_0159_(resized).jpgIMG_0159_(resized).jpg

First high score...

IMG_0165_(resized).jpgIMG_0165_(resized).jpg

#5031 8 years ago

peclark... welcome; let me know if any of my WingLEDs interest you.

#5032 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Here is where I ended up ... love these settings ...
Under standard adjustments
#47 Music Volume = 1
Under feature adjustments
#50 Music Volume = zero
#51 Speech adjustment Minus = 20

These are perfect , Thanks

#5033 8 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

I've been wanting to join this club for quite a while. I finally found my machine. What an awesome game.
I'm thinking some mods are in order, perhaps a new Klingon Bird of Prey, and a Color DMD...
IMG_0158_(resized).jpgIMG_0162_(resized).jpgIMG_0161_(resized).jpgIMG_0159_(resized).jpg
First high score...
IMG_0165_(resized).jpg

#5034 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

peclark... welcome; let me know if any of my WingLEDs interest you.

funny you say that because that's what I was looking at when I was thinking a new bird of prey would be nice. The link says "add yourself to the waitlist" - are these available to order?

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-stng-klingon-bird-of-prey-p-30.html

#5035 8 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

The link says "add yourself to the waitlist" - are these available to order?

Yes. That is what the link is for. You request to be added to the wait list... I contact you to get details and I build it.
I *think* I have one KBOP left... so in theory could start your ship this weekend. If you use that link.

#5036 8 years ago

#5037 8 years ago

Ripped apart a 40th anniversary Hallmark ornament I got from eBay to make this mod. It took about 10 minutes to solder 2 wires to the portion of the stand I used and then tied it in to the Enterprise flashing in the PF

Check out the video below.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
started off like this.

#5038 8 years ago

First there was two...

20160327_213904_(resized).jpg20160327_213904_(resized).jpg

Today I got number three.. Boy this one is going to take some work.

20160327_181123_(resized).jpg20160327_181123_(resized).jpg
20160327_181137_(resized).jpg20160327_181137_(resized).jpg
20160327_181143_(resized).jpg20160327_181143_(resized).jpg

#5039 8 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Ripped apart a 40th anniversary Hallmark ornament I got from eBay to make this mod. It took about 10 minutes to solder 2 wires to the portion of the stand I used and then tied it in to the Enterprise flashing in the PF
started off like this.

Ouch. Wasn't that ship expensive?! Or an I thinking of another $300 ship?
My Version of this mod; uses the cheaper Enterprise:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/17130097831/sizes/o/

#5040 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The ship he posted above is between $24-$35. I bought one new in box for $24 and it lights up.

#5041 8 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

» YouTube video
image_(resized).jpeg
started off like this.

Very nice. Aint nuttin like makin it yourself.

#5042 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

First there was two...
20160327_213904_(resized).jpg
Today I got number three.. Boy this one is going to take some work.
20160327_181123_(resized).jpg
20160327_181137_(resized).jpg
20160327_181143_(resized).jpg

THAT'S gonna keep ya busy for a while but your gonna save another game.

#5043 8 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

The ship he posted above is between $24-$35. I bought one new in box for $24 and it lights up.

Ahh... these were the ones I was thinking of:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hallmark+star+trek+enterprise+1991&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGLL_enUS351&gws_rd=ssl#q=hallmark+star+trek+enterprise+1991&tbm=shop

didn't realize they remade it for much cheaper.

#5044 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

$24.00 + 4.00 shipping. 10 minutes of tinkering.

#5045 8 years ago

ST members i'm looking for an LE home made rom with movie sound please pm if you can help me on this.

#5049 8 years ago

Thinkgeek is famous for their April Fools jokes, but sometimes they are so popular that they have to turn them into real products. I can see that happening here.

#5050 8 years ago

The flippers have stopped working on my Sttng. It gives me message check switch 48, F1, F2, 31, & 82. Please some one direct me or give me instruction on what to do. Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.