IMG_0575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8683 (resized).png
IMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3237 (resized).JPG
DSCN3236 (resized).JPG
DSCN3234 (resized).JPG
DSCN3233 (resized).JPG
DSCN3232 (resized).JPG

There are 10,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 216.
#1 10 years ago

StarTrek.gifStarTrek.gif

Hello Trekkie's and Star Trek Pinball Collectors.
That's right! A club for all 6 (Star Trek Pinball)!

You need to own at least "one" of the following to be in the club:
------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Williams, 1993
Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971
Star Trek: Stern 2013
STAR TREK: THE MIRROR UNIVERSE

Make It So,
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

#2 10 years ago

I want to be the second official member. But I'm not official yet.

#3 10 years ago

Do you have any idea how geeky this is. Reminds me of the geeks on Big Bang Theory.

#4 10 years ago

STTNG here! I also plan to own the next one.

#5 10 years ago

Can I be a red shirt? Number 5 reporting...

#6 10 years ago

I dont have one and have no intrest in owning one until the new one is release, if thats any good!

#7 10 years ago

Can I be a red shirt? Number 5 reporting...

do-you-want-them-to-die.jpgdo-you-want-them-to-die.jpg

All three Trek pins here, with one more on the way...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I dont have one and have no intrest in owning one until the new one is release, if thats any good!

No that's not acceptable . Someone in Matos quadrant photon torpedo his ass.

#9 10 years ago

I just sent out a NOS Playfield to be CCed". Can't wait.

#10 10 years ago

Heh, Bally and Williams so far, waiting on Stern to be released!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

No that's not acceptable . Someone in Matos quadrant photon torpedo his ass.

Haha i did say i was looking at getting the new one later when ritchie final finishes it.

#12 10 years ago

Do you have any idea how geeky this is. Reminds me of the geeks on Big Bang Theory.

Than you shouldn't be here...

spock.gifspock.gif

#13 10 years ago

I see the Trekkie's are beaming in! This is Geeky and Nerdy and that's why its amazing!

So, I own ST:TNG which is autographed by the entire crew as well Steve Ritchie. I currently have my heart set on Star Trek: Data East, 1991 and the new one by Stern.

Anyone know when the new Star Trek pin may be released? Doubt that has leaked yet.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

All three Trek pins here, with one more on the way...

That's Amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts on Star Trek: Data East, 1991. How it is to work on, finding parts and so on. The closest I am to that machine is my LED backlight Playfield Wall Art. As well played it at CAX and loved it.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Hello Trekkie's and Star Trek Pinball Collectors.
That's right! A club for all 4 (Star Trek Pinball)!

Captain Manley reporting for duty! STTNG is the best game ever. Manley out.

#16 10 years ago

Had a Bally ST. Have a Williams STTNG. Hoping for a Stern STLE.

#17 10 years ago

Star Trek is what got me into this hobby. I saw a Data East ST25th in the back of a room when I was looking at an arcade game to buy and walked away with my very first pinball machine.
Since then I've added 8 more, but still looking for my first STTNG... and am expecting the new Stern Premium will be added to my wishlist when it's released

JLP, being a Trek fan and owning a DEST, my opinion is subjective. That being said, I love mine. It is not a complex game and there are only so many shots to be made, but I never tire of the sounds and call outs. Since I grew up with TOS, I think the look of the cabinet and playfield is fantastic. For those that like LED's, this one is made for it (IMO). I'll attach a pic of mine, but the LED's don't usually show up in their 'best light' in pictures.

I've had everything off mine for a complete shopping. I was able to obtain stuff like a new plastic set, translite and target decals without a problem. The ramp, dilithium crystals, and chaser lights can be hard to replace. The only thing that I could *never, ever* find is the subway. The subway tends to crack where the ball drops through the moving target hole. Mine is acceptable, but I've looked pretty steadily for over 2 years and never came upon a single one.

20130718_130709_resized.jpg20130718_130709_resized.jpg

#18 10 years ago

I've always wanted the Data East anniversary pin. I recently traded a slightly modded LOTR SE for a nice TNG with some mods and LEDs. Just put in a few new bulbs, the new borg ship from Pinball Life and the color DMD. So far so good. Next I'm pulling my bird of prey and Warbird to do some custom painting on them.

Used to have quite a few machines including data east (other star related franchise) but am down to two. I aspire to a full trek spectrum of machines - perhaps this group will see me through one day. Anyway, I normally wouldn't belong to any club that would have me for a member but if I qualify let's make it so. Pics and history in my profile.

End Communication

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Star Trek is what got me into this hobby.

Same with me! My first pin was ST:TNG. As well my first pin to get Grand Champion on Factory. Getting it Autographed was great. Talked to Patrick Stewart for a bit, he still plays his and really loves it. Marina Sirtis has hers in her basement and her kids play it all the time. Too much as she stated. Brent offered to sell me his for 10K, new in box. I honestly almost took a loan on the spot. But I am happy with my less amazing version. I believe Michael sold his to a lawyer lol and he had another one up for prize on his failed Kickstarter. Jonathan Frakes was really grumpy as he just got in from heavy traffic so we did not get into talking about Pinball. Last but not least, John de Lancie was very sad that he did not get one lol. But he was familiar with Q's Challenge.

Quoted from southbound:

Data East ST25th

LED's look amazing in this. The one I played was not updated. I am a LED generation, I like to be bright and eco-friendly lol. Man I really want this pin. They are going for $3.5K on ebay. But EVERYTHING on ebay is priced wrong. I wonder if I would be able to find one for around $2k?

How do you like the Color DMD, I am waiting for them to be in stock. But I am not sure if $400+ is worth it. Do you feel its worth the Dilithium Crystals you forked out for it?

#20 10 years ago

How do you like the Color DMD, I am waiting for them to be in stock. But I am not sure if $400+ is worth it. Do you feel its worth the Dilithium Crystals you forked out for it?

The ColorDMD for STTNG is outstanding! It's well worth it IMHO. Bear in mind a new plasma DMD is north of $150, so you can consider that buying a ColorDMD is about $250 because you're getting a spare plasma DMD back out of the deal!

#21 10 years ago

Have the trifecta '78 Bally, ST25 and STNG

#22 10 years ago

I'm on the pre-order hype train for Ritchie's Star Trek. Does that count?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Star Trek is what got me into this hobby. I saw a Data East ST25th in the back of a room when I was looking at an arcade game to buy and walked away with my very first pinball machine.
Since then I've added 8 more, but still looking for my first STTNG... and am expecting the new Stern Premium will be added to my wishlist when it's released
JLP, being a Trek fan and owning a DEST, my opinion is subjective. That being said, I love mine. It is not a complex game and there are only so many shots to be made, but I never tire of the sounds and call outs. Since I grew up with TOS, I think the look of the cabinet and playfield is fantastic. For those that like LED's, this one is made for it (IMO). I'll attach a pic of mine, but the LED's don't usually show up in their 'best light' in pictures.
I've had everything off mine for a complete shopping. I was able to obtain stuff like a new plastic set, translite and target decals without a problem. The ramp, dilithium crystals, and chaser lights can be hard to replace. The only thing that I could *never, ever* find is the subway. The subway tends to crack where the ball drops through the moving target hole. Mine is acceptable, but I've looked pretty steadily for over 2 years and never came upon a single one.

My subway is cracked too, used gorilla tape. Saw one on ebay last week and I stopped bidding at 200.00

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm on the pre-order hype train for Ritchie's Star Trek. Does that count?

They have a pre-order!!! yeah that counts any word on when it will be released and how much? Can you provide any information for all of us?

#25 10 years ago

I've had my STTNG since Jan this year and kicking myself for avoiding it for past 3 years. It's a great game but does seem to act possessed with small issues here and there. I can see how this might have driven operators nuts and cost them money because they were down. When the game is working 100% it is so much fun and probably the best bang for buck "A" lister right now. I've attached some pics of my game which use to belong to Brock aka pinballcustoms who did an excellent job of rescuing this game from a bar a few years back and custom painted borg ship and flipper bats.

DSC00992.jpgDSC00992.jpg DSC00817.jpgDSC00817.jpg DSC00868.jpgDSC00868.jpg

#26 10 years ago

I have all 3 Star Trek pins
Bally Star Trek
Data East ST25th
Williams STTNG
And I am suppose to be on the Stern Star Trek LE preorder list.
I also have 3 working SEGA Star Trek SOS vector games.
One is the Captains chair
One dedicated upright
One conversion in an Asteroids cabinet with Vector Labs multi game with all the correct sound cards.

frontview.JPGfrontview.JPG frontview2.JPGfrontview2.JPG sttng1.JPGsttng1.JPG Grails_009.JPGGrails_009.JPG

#27 10 years ago

any word on when it will be released and how much? Can you provide any information for all of us?

Only things out are rumors. Most of them indicate there will be one pin between now and when we see Star Trek. I've heard Star Trek may be released in October but if there are issues slowing down the project as rumored it could be longer. It has also been rumored that at least one model would have an LCD about the size of the large Sega DMDs and that it will be on the new operating system Stern is working on. Of course nothing concrete and there won't likely be until its release or a few days before. They don't want to hurt sales of their current new releases. No price range has been released.

Anyhow I am hoping to join this members only club as soon as it is released. Okay now I will get my ass out of your club. PS I love STTNG.

#28 10 years ago

STTNG owner here and looking forward to the Ritchie/Lyman masterpiece with a LCD and new system!!!

#29 10 years ago

We just got STTNG, lovez me some Trek. Just started watching DS9 with the kids, and they're into it. SO very on board the hype train.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

and flipper bats.

Great Scott! Where can I find them flippers?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I have all 3 Star Trek pins
Bally Star Trek
Data East ST25th
Williams STTNG
And I am suppose to be on the Stern Star Trek LE preorder list.
I also have 3 working SEGA Star Trek SOS vector games.
One is the Captains chair
One dedicated upright
One conversion in an Asteroids cabinet with Vector Labs multi game with all the correct sound cards.

Great Collection!!!!! Welcome Aboard

Quoted from Rabscuttle:

We just got STTNG, lovez me some Trek. Just started watching DS9 with the kids, and they're into it. SO very on board the hype train.

DS9 was so under-rated. I really loved it. It took some time for the cast to understand their role/characters but once they did it got soo much better. I had a shot at a bar next to Odo (René Auberjonois) once haha.

#32 10 years ago

Great Scott! Where can I find them flippers?

You can contact Brock and see if he will make you a set. I believe they are a "one of" for himself when he owned my STTNG a few years ago.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You can contact Brock and see if he will make you a set. I believe they are a "one of" for himself when he owned my STTNG a few years ago.

I was also thinking of making flipper decals for all 3 of my machines. Think it will not only be easy, but awesome.

#34 10 years ago

I own a Bally "Star Trek". Just finished a 100% LED conversion. Machine looks great!! Here are a couple of links to the LED mods on my "Star Trek":

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-transporter-room-mod
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-backglass-mod

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Only things out are rumors. Most of them indicate there will be one pin between now and when we see Star Trek. I've heard Star Trek may be released in October but if there are issues slowing down the project as rumored it could be longer. It has also been rumored that at least one model would have an LCD about the size of the large Sega DMDs and that it will be on the new operating system Stern is working on. Of course nothing concrete and there won't likely be until its release or a few days before. They don't want to hurt sales of their current new releases. No price range have been released.

Anyhow I am hoping to join this members only club as soon as it is released. Okay now I will get my ass out of your club. PS I love STTNG.

I'm doubting that ST will have an LCD based on the latest rumors. Would be kind of cool if it did though.

#36 10 years ago

Some more pics of my flipper bats up close. You can also check this site here as they have flipper bat add ons

http://www.head-shots.ca/index_files/Page12348.htm

DSC00821.jpgDSC00821.jpg DSC00824.jpgDSC00824.jpg

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Some more pics of my flipper bats up close. You can also check this site here as they have flipper bat add ons

Thanks for sharing. Do you notice if it slows your flippers down a little? I would imagine any extra weight to the flippers would be an issue.

#38 10 years ago

Okay now I will get my ass out of your club.

You can stay I just edited the rules to be a member. "PRE-ORDER" for the new stern qualifies. haha

Star Trek: Data East, 1991
Star Trek: Bally, 1978
Star Trek: Gottlieb, 1971

PRE-ORDER: Star Trek: Stern, 20??

#39 10 years ago

You can stay I just edited the rules to be a member. "PRE-ORDER" for the new stern qualifies. haha

Sweet I'm in like Flynn!

Quoted from RobT:

I'm doubting that ST will have an LCD based on the latest rumors. Would be kind of cool if it did though.

I sure hope the latest rumors are wrong. Would be a huge disappointment for myself and I assume some others if they did not incorporate the LCD on this title. It would be perfect if they did a timeless theme with SR at the helm. Hard to imagine a better opportunity to debut their new operating system and LCD. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#40 10 years ago

Sweet I'm in like Flynn!

I sure hope the latest rumors are wrong. Would be a huge disappointment for myself and I assume some others if they did not incorporate the LCD on this title. It would be perfect if they did a timeless theme with SR at the helm. Hard to imagine a better opportunity to debut their new operating system and LCD. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just imagine the JJ Lense Flare!!! It would be amazing on the LCD Backglass.

#41 10 years ago

DS9 was so under-rated. I really loved it. It took some time for the cast to understand their role/characters but once they did it got soo much better. I had a shot at a bar next to Odo (René Auberjonois) once haha.

Agreed, DS9 had some amazing chemistry and relationships between the characters. Odo and Quark for one. And my favorite Cardassian ever, Garek. TNG will always rule, but DS9 is my second favorite easily.

Those writers went on to do Battlestar Galactica if I'm not mistaken...

#42 10 years ago

STTNG owner here. First and only pin so far but my next will most likely be a Stern ST Premium or Pro.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Agreed, DS9 had some amazing chemistry and relationships between the characters. Odo and Quark for one. And my favorite Cardassian ever, Garek. TNG will always rule, but DS9 is my second favorite easily.

Those writers went on to do Battlestar Galactica if I'm not mistaken...

Wonder what DS9 pinball would be like if it was ever made. Be funny to have a big quark head on the playfield that has a magnet that trys to steal your balls and sells them on the black market and you have to hit targets to collect currency to buy your balls back lol

#44 10 years ago

Hey there all... I've just signed up to this site and found this thread.. I just bought a STTNG and am loving it.. Its always been my favorite machine and am glad I have finally secured one.. I was just wondering if anyone has any good advice on LED mods for this machine.. The guy I bought it off had replaced some of the lights under the playfield with LEDs but I am keen to replace most if not all of the lights.

What is the best option for this machine? I definitely fancy putting some color-cycling / flashing LEDs in there. I also would love to put some more color in there somewhere.. Purple / blue seems to look good on the outlanes but I would love to hear someone's expert opinion..

Cheers!

#45 10 years ago

Has anyone ever rolled their Bally Trek?

#46 10 years ago

Getting to Final Frontier on STTNG is soooooo satisfying!!!!

#47 10 years ago

All of the above? Do I get elected Admiral of the club?

#48 10 years ago

Nanoo Nanoo

I am in !!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from chinosts:

Hey there all... I've just signed up to this site and found this thread.. I just bought a STTNG and am loving it.. Its always been my favorite machine and am glad I have finally secured one.. I was just wondering if anyone has any good advice on LED mods for this machine.. The guy I bought it off had replaced some of the lights under the playfield with LEDs but I am keen to replace most if not all of the lights.
What is the best option for this machine? I definitely fancy putting some color-cycling / flashing LEDs in there. I also would love to put some more color in there somewhere.. Purple / blue seems to look good on the outlanes but I would love to hear someone's expert opinion..
Cheers!

Congrats to owning such a killer machine! In regards to your question. You can start with cointaker.com and then add any lights that you want. I like Blue or Purple in many areas, its all up to you. As well you have different options to pick from when it comes to LED kits. - http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=40

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Getting to Final Frontier on STTNG is soooooo satisfying!!!!

It is!!! so fun! My mission is to get Grand Champion once again. I am adding Outtake Rom set so it will wipe all my High Scores.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-clubmembers-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.