You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190616-192803 (resized).png
startrek (resized).jpg
FCFADA1E-8C53-4319-A566-4F373CE744EF (resized).jpeg
E80DCE82-1C90-47A9-94DD-B7B0A6B421D8 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I need one of these in my life. How hard are they to come by?

E80DCE82-1C90-47A9-94DD-B7B0A6B421D8 (resized).jpegE80DCE82-1C90-47A9-94DD-B7B0A6B421D8 (resized).jpegFCFADA1E-8C53-4319-A566-4F373CE744EF (resized).jpegFCFADA1E-8C53-4319-A566-4F373CE744EF (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Go for the sit down one with the captains chair.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

startrek (resized).jpgstartrek (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

So truth be told, how hard is it to get one. I’d be estatic with the standup one.

#6 4 years ago

Ive wanted one as well. Not too rare but they seem to have a lot of issues. Check klov.

#7 4 years ago

I’m wondering if this could be run on an original cabinet but with a retropi for dependability.

#8 4 years ago

You could run it from a pi. I have it on my pi based mame cab. But the color vector monitor is what makes the original so cool.
It's not a standard CRT game.
So it will never look as good as it does in a dedicated cabinet. No pixels.
Screenshot_20190616-192803 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190616-192803 (resized).png

1 month later
#9 4 years ago

This was a classic - I remember how surprised and excited to see a Star Trek game; a few years before it came out, I became a huge fan of the show via Saturday re-runs

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from fourcade:

This was a classic - I remember how surprised and excited to see a Star Trek game; a few years before it came out, I became a huge fan of the show via Saturday re-runs

I still get that feeling of surprise and excitement when I find one at a Barcade. This is a must have for my collection once I track one down.

#11 4 years ago

You n me both brother ! A guy on klov just scored a really nice looking one that was kitted into an Asteroids cabinet but with full art package . Pretty sweet !

#12 4 years ago

Cockpit version of this is one of the best vector games of its time. Tons of fun! Great audio - "welcome aboard captain" !!!

#13 4 years ago

I have Star Trek on my Vectrex. Its similiar and vector, for the money its a lot of fun.

#14 4 years ago

I did a restore on mine...
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=170276

And no; it's not for sale.
They are hard to come by... even more so as the CRT monitors are nearly impossible to find given the number which have died in service.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=170276
And no; it's not for sale.
They are hard to come by... even more so as the CRT monitors are nearly impossible to find given the number which have died in service.

The restoration you did on that was breathtaking. And I also loved your neons. I would love a sit down like you have, but figured it would be easier to find an upright.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You did an amazing job !

#17 4 years ago

I had a HUO one I bought from an employee who worked in the Sega factory. Paid $300 for it in the early 90's. It broke a few years later.

When I got my first pin in 1997, a TZ, the guy I got the TZ from saw it while delivering the TZ and wanted it so I ended up trading it and $700 cash for the TZ. Still have the TZ.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-bridge-simulator-?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.