• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DrZhivago
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Help!!
I just bought a Stern STpro nib.
One of the sensors in the ball trough is misfiring. It thinks there is a ball in the trough when the ball is in play and it will end my turn. Or during ball save it will kick out a second ball because it thinks I have drained.
What do I do to diagnose or fix? I will see if this is covered by warranty Tomorrow . Any advice would help.

#2 6 years ago

Try cleaning and re-adjusting the sensors.

#3 6 years ago

Had a similar problem with my Pirates. Check the connections on the Trough opto board. If they seem good go into switch test and slap the cabinet a bunch of times, hard, in different places, see if any switches register, then see if the trough jam switch registers as well. If so check to make sure there is nothing shorting/loose on the switch in question, then manually close the switch and see if the trough jam switch closes with it. If it does the trough opto board set is faulty. If you just bought this machine NIB then its still under warranty, if you bought it second hand there is no more warranty.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-0173-00. This is for the transmitter, the receiver is out of stock, but you maybe able to find one somewhere else, or back order it.

#4 6 years ago

It was the connector and I bent the prongs out a little. Stern has had issues with ST. They have a special extender that resolves the issue if bending the prongs doesn't work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Melbourne, FL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside