ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaxxis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So I got my Star Trek pro today. My impressions:
- The upper flipper ramp shot is quite smooth and getting combos to this is similar to say

Hitting the ramp is smooth, but feeding it back to the flipper can sometimes be clunky and the ball can be drifting away from the upper flipper due to hitting the playfield. Certainly not Dr.Who Smooth

- The sounds are great. Very satisfying. With a shaker and sub, experience is good. Shaker could be better utilized. Unfortunately, the call out variety is lacking. I heard the same call outs multiple times per game. Sounded like direct movie quotes. I didn't hear any dubs or actor hired unique recordings here. There's no sound directing you like in sone games. But it's pretty obvious what to shoot at.

Personally, I found the sounds very meh. I could swear I heard a few Star Wars sounds (left ramp sometimes sounds like an X-wing ramp on Sw Trilogy) and the sounds from hitting the jackpots or the center target sound way to much like a digitized version of the Inception "BRRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWRWRRRMRMR" you hear in all the movies trailers today.

If I heard "YOU DARE SHAKE THE KLINGON EMPIRE" one more time.....

- software feels solid but there doesn't feel like much to do. They need to get more added or the game will not be interesting enough for the long haul in spite of the awesome shot layout. Some good foundation here though. I was able to stack some multiballs and it seems they draining the ball doesn't end your current mission, pretty neat. I didn't see how you can do 3 sub modes per mission. It seems like only the 6 missions and multiballs are implemented. Oh and a decent combo system.

What version did you have? The one we used at Pinwars this past weekend was riddled with bugs. Vengeance multiball would end sometimes if the ball was still up in the lock area, sometimes icons from the support menu would show on the screen and a few other glitches.

The game was barely above WOF in terms of being complete. The modes seem to do nothing interesting, the mission multiball just ended after 10 shot, no captains chair, etc etc.

- The lock down fire button is under used. It seems to just randomly start flashing and I get to take a shot at the ship.

Shoot the right orange targets to light the button.

Overall, it wasn't a bad game shows alot of potential, but there is no way I am purchasing this without seeing it more complete. Right now, it's better to time out modes to get to Super Spinner/Ramps/Pops and Mission mb than to actually play them.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And that I disagree with. The missions are going to be the main point of the game. Timing them out just removes most of what the game will be. Sure, that may yield a better score than playing modes, but it takes all the fun out of it.

And that was my point, something will need to be done to make the modes worth it. Currently, if I am 1 mode away from lighting 1mil super ramps, that mode is going to be timed out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaxxis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-arrived-impressions?tu=zaxxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.