Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GiantDOTS.jpg
images.jpeg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
star-trek-into-darkness-chris-pine-karl-urban.jpeg
stid-spock.jpeg
star_trek_into_darkness_movie-wide.jpeg
STAR-TREK-INTO-DARKNESS-03.jpeg
ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

Yeah but Markmon, you really like AVLE too. You must not know what you're talking about.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't love avle but I don't hate it. It's next on my chopping block.

I was being sarcastic, because I love AVLE. And frankly, your numerous posts on the game - especially early on, indicate that you like it a lot too...maybe you've changed your mind. So is ST better than AVLE?

1 week later
#241 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. I got a thumbs down for this post?
Either someone doesn't like Expo, Star Trek, or that someone would comment on either subject ...

I gave you a thumbs down for worrying about (and posting on) getting a thumbs down.

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm not going to get into some type of geometry or physics argument. I will simply state that based on my experience with the widebody pins that I've owned, none of them play as fast as most standard sized pins. And it's usually not even close.

Doesn't it just come down to the time in between shots? More space on a wide body for the ball to travel before it gets to the flippers means "more time" between shots. This observation is supported via space/time theory. Therefore, one may hypothesize that the reality of extended time in between shots leads to a perception that the game is "slower" than a game where the ball travels just as fast (or even a little slower) but returns to the flippers quicker due to less real estate to cover.

Pinheads claiming wide bodies are slower seem to think that speed is relative to space. But it's really TIME that is relative to space. Speed is speed. Flow is flow. But Slow isn't necessarily slow...ya know?

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LOL! I wasn't worried, just surprised ... I'm new here and still getting used to some of the pettiness and quirks and comments of those that clearly have an agenda for either Stern or JJP (or badhing the other) and can't grasp the idea that this hobby/industry is going to benefit by both of them being strong.
To make this post more relevant to the topic, a well maintained TNG can play very fast. A game doesn't have to be slower just because it's a wide body. TNG is slower than ST because of the game design itself, not the width of the PF. And I gave you thumbs up for an intelligent post.

I agree!

I also would guess that the thumbs down you got was an accident on an iPhone. Happens sometimes.

#251 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thanks. That's bascially what I was saying, but I couldn't come up with a way to do it without getting banned.

Great minds think alike.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My STTNG flows backwards. Because I am under the equator.
rd.

Hmmm. Do you pee standing up or standing on your head by any chance?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside