ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every DMD game has "cartoonish" characters on the DMD, except for when Stern started to rip movie footage, which usually looks awful...it won't be changed - this is the direction that's been decided on. Even with overwhelming complaints about Beast's voice in X-Men & fake Optimus Prime in Transformers - they never got changed.

Generally I would agree with you here but I'd rather have a bad looking rip than the two stick figures continually running. I bet they will be adding detail and more dots so I hope they can make them much better than they are now

1 week later
#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Red seems harsher on the eyes......

Well blue light has been shown to be harder for the eyes to define so not sure this is correct.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

That's two different issues....

For some I guess. I have a red DMD in XM and have absolutely no issues with it and don't think it is hard on the eyes.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Widebody pins can have great flow, and DM is a great example. But they do not play as fast as standard size play fields. That includes DM.

I agree, DM and JD are fast great flowing pins so it is possible to have good flow and speed. That said, traveling from side to side the ball has more ground to cover in a wide body may not have the same quick change of ball direction that a standard has. It is not all about just the pitch the side to side shots are generally longer and thus the game seems to be a little slower than it would be on a standard. Not trying to advocate for one of the other just trying to explain why I think no matter how fast a wide body plays there are standards that play much faster. The same or close to the same flow can be achieved in widebodies but how fast it plays cannot match a standard IMO.

#254 10 years ago

Guess we all have our view on it and that's okay. I have a hard time seeing how many would think a wide body can be faster than standard myself. Not rocket science just observation. It's like if your a fan of one or the other standard/wide body they have to be better or equal to the other in every category. When in fact why some prefer a wide body or standard is due to some of the different gameplay elements it provides that the other does not.

Oh well guess we got a little off topic with our rocket science talk. It was entertaining though.

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

haha the guy with vtec16 is talking about fast things lol

Yeah a honda S2000 with vtec tricked out is a very very fast car. Just sayin.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We're going off topic obviously, but when you talk about an S2000 "tricked out" as being a "very very fast car" I'd have to ask you for two definitions: 1) tricked out? 2) very, very fast?
The S2000 is indeed a fast car...for what it is. And what it is is a high revving, lightweight, 4 banger sports car...with very little torque.

Tricked out like intake, exhaust, racing clutch & shifter, lowered suspension, chip, ect. We all know there are faster cars out there. But to those that argue that a tricked out S2000 is not fast id challenge you to take a ride in one it red lines at around 9000 RPMs. For the record I don't and never have owned one. It is far from slow and could hang with cars out of its class especially on a road with some twists. For those that can't drop a ton of money on a car it provides speed with great handling.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

stick to pinball you seem to know more in that field

LOL okay mr car smarts. Id rather let this get back on topic then talk cars with you anyway.

Quoted from sturner:

The game seemed much easier than I expected. Maybe I've gotten better but Ritchie pins usually destroy me the first handful of times I play it. But I was able to hit shots and didn't feel like missed shots resulted in trouble too often. Not really a knock and something I'm sure opening the outlanes would help, but just different from my expectations.

That is interesting I had the reverse experience it was actually a little more difficult to score than I had anticipated. Granted it was all of our first time playing it but no one really ripped it up. I think the lock and away team to start missions were probably the hardest shots. The vengeance shot looked easy in the videos I watched but seemed a little harder to hit then I thought it would be. I do like how the pops never drain the ball and agree that there are some pretty easy shots like the left ramp and loop.

Quoted from sturner:

It's been said in this thread, but it'll come down to software. Game looks nice, plays real fast with satisfying shots, and now just needs the software to utilize that. If it does, it'll be a great game. If not, it won't be.

Agreed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
4,849 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carson City, NV
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-arrived-impressions?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.