Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GiantDOTS.jpg
images.jpeg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
star-trek-into-darkness-chris-pine-karl-urban.jpeg
stid-spock.jpeg
star_trek_into_darkness_movie-wide.jpeg
STAR-TREK-INTO-DARKNESS-03.jpeg
ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

Nice write up.

I've seen two different pros now and agree with your comments, especially on the DMD and cartoonish dots. I absolutely HATE the red (the LE screams for a blue DMD) and the cartoon dots cheapen the look of the game more than any of the artwork for me.

Not worried about the software based on some recent comments by Steve Ritchie.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Alice Eve looks good in dots. Its like 10p resolution....

You obviously haven't seen this on the actual game and in red - it looks HORRIBLE.

1 week later
#155 7 years ago

I've seen the red in person and convinced blue would be better, especially on the LE.

But I really hope the ColorDMD guys do code for ST as soon as possible - I'm sure it would be a big seller.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I would LOVE to see colorized Stern games. SM, FYG, LOTR, TSPP, ACDC, MET, TRON, etc, etc, etc.

But start with Star Trek.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They definitely won't start on a game with code actively being worked on. My guess would be LOTR or TSPP.
But there is always the SIGMA route!

True on both counts. Didn't think of the first one.

#195 7 years ago

I don't know Gary's history or if he is anti-Stern, but I can't fault his analysis.

I like the game, but there isn't that much to interact with on the PF, especially when compared to MET.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

There are two different kinds of Pins. Fast flowing, ala Ritchie, or crammed with toys, ala Lawlor. Both have their place, but in a fast flowing game, the number of toys is less important.

Yup, and I like both. (TNG has no shortage of toys)

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I have to miss Expo, unfortunately, so I am extremely eager to hear the reports from people there about the LE. (Are you going, Rob?) I am still on the fence and hope for news that will encourage me to go through with the order. Also, I hope there will be some new threads in a few days so those reviews don't get lost amidst these older posts.
Fingers crossed that Stern will show something that makes buying the LE seem worthwhile...

I'll be there Wednesday though Sunday and was planning on starting an observations thread. I have an LE on order, so I'm especially interested in any Star Trek news.

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'll be there Wednesday though Sunday and was planning on starting an observations thread. I have an LE on order, so I'm especially interested in any Star Trek news.

Wow. I got a thumbs down for this post?

Either someone doesn't like Expo, Star Trek, or that someone would comment on either subject ...

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I gave you a thumbs down for worrying about (and posting on) getting a thumbs down.

LOL! I wasn't worried, just surprised ... I'm new here and still getting used to some of the pettiness and quirks and comments of those that clearly have an agenda for either Stern or JJP (or badhing the other) and can't grasp the idea that this hobby/industry is going to benefit by both of them being strong.

To make this post more relevant to the topic, a well maintained TNG can play very fast. A game doesn't have to be slower just because it's a wide body. TNG is slower than ST because of the game design itself, not the width of the PF. And I gave you thumbs up for an intelligent post.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I like my pins like I like my women, standard body.

I prefer more Safe Cracker size to standard body.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside