ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

despite some early reservations.

It's still very "early" Glad your back!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm not in the market for these games, care not a whit for who wins LED pissing contests, and have admitted to markmon grating on my nerves in the past (was a nice guy in person), but I saw this dude's bulbs with my own eyes at the Tacoma show and they are all and everything folks claim them to be. They were far and away the best looking modern games there, and the transformations over the weekend (they dressed up the SPBM's... Tron I think it was, right Mark?) they did were spectacular before/afters.
It's a clear easy choice if you like the look.

I just looked at the install instructions last night. They look great.

1 week later
#197 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

This game has about the same amount of items that interact with the player as SM does yet that one is still considered a great playing pin. ST can get there with code updates but they both have similar features as far as "toys" interaction.

Uhhh, no way, don't see it.......

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm sure we are all shocked by you (and StevenP) being "thoroughly unimpressed". SHOCKED I TELL YOU!!!

I'm totally "shocked" myself........bias?........I think he said he likes Met? Come on Jerry, you fanboy!

Need Markmon's lighting kit, looks too dark.....

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

What don't u see?

The comparison of ST to SM and the "interaction" and "toys", lighting blows it away, items to interact with and toys versus SM, not even close..........

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You've said it twice now, but haven't mentioned a single fact once.

How about listing them for us? Shouldn't be hard since it's "not even close".

Uhhh....how about you listing it for us? It's so clear its a waste of time.........

The "facts" speak for themselves......you aren't seriously comparing the "toy" (singular) and interaction therewith to SM?

Doesn't "interaction" require some code?

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You guys lemme know when I can pick up a spiderman for 4800 and I'll be there. :p

You might be able to come down and pick mine up at some point! Every time I jump back on it after a hiatus its hard not to love it though.....

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. Talk about a dodge!!

My pinball Chi is in a positive state right now!

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here's how I see it (so it is subjective).
SM advantages over ST Pro: Doc Ock magnet and VUK, moving Doc Ock.
ST Pro advantages over SM: looping upper flipper shot, saucer shot on lower left, color-changing inserts.
I don't see how anyone could say "not even close". I like the single drop target over the motorized 3-bank, but it's about a wash for me.
It all comes down to CODE, gentlemen. So, it's too soon to tell which is the better game.

Nothing like Doc Ock. I agree with what u just said Swamp. Lighting will blow SM away. And throw in the the motorized bank with Sandman. Venom non active toy is very cool. Plus Matt's subway and building mod is great.

My opinion is that the toys and interaction is much better. "Not even close" depending on how u want to define that. I love the color changers on Ac. Whole lotta Rosie my favorite. So I'm sure that light show will be great. So they have a familiar layout with more lights and less interactive toys

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You can't compare SM with ST Pro, it should be SM vs ST Premium.

The Premium adds the laser lighting.......I would stipulate to the fact that the light show is going to be great on ST premium/LE...

The game interaction with Doc Ock is the best part of SM in my opinion, and then Sandman, followed by Venom and lastly the shaking Green Goblin that SR wanted to do more with but couldn't do to "budget"......

All of those modes, variance and interaction is a significant difference versus ST, I think I get what Smassa is saying, ST looks to be another SM type great shooter that will get the necessary code eventually, and what does interact, interacts in a similar way....

With ST, where are the characters and villains integrated into the game like SM to tell the story? There is a crashing Vengeance ship, great shooter and light show, ok that can be a lot of fun too but certain aspects don't compare with SM imho........

The story could have been so much better imo, or maybe the material just isn't nearly as good with that movie, if so, use a little creativity with the characters and villains.....

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Say it however you want. Wide body pins aren't as fast as standard body pins.

What are you talking about now, my Whole Lotta Rosie wide body is plenty fast.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-arrived-impressions?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.