Topic Stats

• 301 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GiantDOTS.jpg
images.jpeg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
star-trek-into-darkness-chris-pine-karl-urban.jpeg
stid-spock.jpeg
star_trek_into_darkness_movie-wide.jpeg
STAR-TREK-INTO-DARKNESS-03.jpeg
ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Overall, it wasn't a bad game shows alot of potential, but there is no way I am purchasing this without seeing it more complete.

THAT is the big question. Can they bring home the software. It is a fun shooter. I liked the game right from the first play. But the software really was lacking. And really, as I took longer to complete a mode was the game making it easier by giving me more and more available shots to complete the mode? But as we all know, it is just beta code with no real meat yet. If they don't update it to something great, I won't buy it. And if they do, I will buy it. It is that simple. I really liked the game, but I'm not going to be the guy with TF or XM waiting for decent code. Now I want it before I buy.

Quoted from Zaxxis:

Right now, it's better to time out modes to get to Super Spinner/Ramps/Pops and Mission mb than to actually play them.

And that I disagree with. The missions are going to be the main point of the game. Timing them out just removes most of what the game will be. Sure, that may yield a better score than playing modes, but it takes all the fun out of it.

#69 7 years ago

And every single one of those add ons are included with our kit (all our kits). These are no solder addons made to be easy to install. The kit transforms the machine on the left to the machine on the right.

I guess the thing that always makes me wonder about pictures like that is that they don't include exposure data. From playing Star Trek PRO I found it to be well lit. compared to other games.

STPRO_Lineup.jpg

And I'm not saying there is anything wrong with side by side comparisons, but when I snapped 2 pictured of my Tron 10 seconds apart, just a tweak of the exposure yields very different results.

TronLighting.jpg

Showing it with completely dark flippers in the first picture really doesn't show your kit in the "best light" because the exposure seems to be unrealistic.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Unboxing STID Pro tonight. They had one set up to play where I bought it. Had already decided to own since I have the other three, so didn't play it (didn't have time) but it really looked nice in person. Will post pics and comments soon. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Congrats on the new game!

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Thank you for the post but it really doesn't explain why a blue DMD is better than a red DMD.

In my opinion, this is totally subjective. I think a blue DMD fits the space theme better and fits the LE MUCH better. You don't. Why on earth (or space) should that need to make one "better" than the other? It doesn't. In my opinion I'd rather have a blue DMD in that game for the Pro or the LE. They fit the colors of the entire game better (again in my opinion). No idea which I would like better in the Premium yet.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Now why do I hate The red DMD, I guess their ok on a pin like BS Dracula which I have played. I thought the movie sucked and the pin was slightly better. Sorry BSD fans.

I want to cut off your head and take out your heart.

(DISCLAIMER - if you have not played BSD enough to know the quotes you may not get this one)

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Just played about 5-6 games on this and had fun. I guess the software doesn't support the captains chair thing yet?

Nope, no captain in the chair yet

And the frowny face is because I sort of expected it to be there and was disappointed when I played it and it wasn't. I had read all the release stuff about all the modes and mini modes and figured something written on the playfield like that would be in the alpha release.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside