ST into darkness.jpeg
Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
enterprise new 423x319.jpg
Hitch9.jpg
TronLighting.jpg
STPRO_Lineup.jpg
image.jpg
ScreenHunter_01_Sep._24_20.13.jpg
There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thanks. That's bascially what I was saying, but I couldn't come up with a way to do it without getting banned.

Great minds think alike.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My STTNG flows backwards. Because I am under the equator.
rd.

Hmmm. Do you pee standing up or standing on your head by any chance?

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Anti-clockwise!

#254 10 years ago

Guess we all have our view on it and that's okay. I have a hard time seeing how many would think a wide body can be faster than standard myself. Not rocket science just observation. It's like if your a fan of one or the other standard/wide body they have to be better or equal to the other in every category. When in fact why some prefer a wide body or standard is due to some of the different gameplay elements it provides that the other does not.

Oh well guess we got a little off topic with our rocket science talk. It was entertaining though.

#255 10 years ago

I like playing both wide body and standard.

#256 10 years ago

the speed difference also has to do with the ball spending more time in areas that don't have slingshots and quick returning mechanisms. My Twilight Zone has so many ramps, holes and toys that slow everything down and not so many loops. A wide body can be fast and I'll bet the Hobbit will be fairly fast.

Has anyone seen a Star Trek LE yet?

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thanks. That's bascially what I was saying, but I couldn't come up with a way to do it without getting banned.

Say it however you want. Wide body pins aren't as fast as standard body pins.

#258 10 years ago

I like my pins like I like my women, standard body.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What are you talking about now, my Whole Lotta Rosie wide body is plenty fast.....

#260 10 years ago

Welcome to the standard vs wide body thread... Ugh

#261 10 years ago

Just purchased my Pro on Friday. Attractive, exciting, and interesting pin.
The pros: the LED lights; the ball flow (truly smooth); the speed - very fast; the shots and in particular the "lock ball" shots; the play field which is not full of toys as in the higher end value pins.
The cons: the game code needs some real upgrade to make this pin non-repetitive and challenging. The sound could have been better and with closer fidelity to the movie/series. Other minor stuff like the head lock screws are not that important.
I realize that opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple, but I sincerely believe that if the game code is improve, this pin will have serious potential. I like it and so does my family. I had the mirror blades installed as well as the motor shaker and as we all know, both of these add-ons are great improvements. I've not been a fan of the LE's or Premium models because of complexity, cost, and since I enjoy smooth flow and speed the addition of toys in play normally hinders speed and flow, but that's my opinion and I realize that others prefer the top model.
In all, a good product by Stern and company. Looking forward to reviews, comments, and the opportunity to see and play LE/Premium models at the Expo next week.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

The pros: the LED lights; the ball flow (truly smooth); the speed - very fast; the shots and in particular the "lock ball" shots; the play field which is not full of toys as in the higher end value pins.
The cons: the game code needs some real upgrade to make this pin non-repetitive and challenging. The sound could have been better and with closer fidelity to the movie/series. Other minor stuff like the head lock screws are not that important.
I realize that opinions are like elbows, everyone has a couple, but I sincerely believe that if the game code is improve, this pin will have serious potential. I like it and so does my family. I had the mirror blades installed as well as the motor shaker and as we all know, both of these add-ons are great improvements. I've not been a fan of the LE's or Premium models because of complexity, cost, and since I enjoy smooth flow and speed the addition of toys in play normally hinders speed and flow, but that's my opinion and I realize that others prefer the top model.
In all, a good product by Stern and company. Looking forward to reviews, comments, and the opportunity to see and play LE/Premium models at the Expo next week.

Will they be at the expo with this whole redesign thing???

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Thanks for the review this looks more and more like my first NIB.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

...and 4 legs ?

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Welcome to the standard vs wide body thread... Ugh

They both have their merit. I prefer the narrow, but still love some wide bodies like STTNG, TZ, IJ and even Paragon.

I'm glad we have vendors making both.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

...and 4 legs ?

Preferably. Nothing worse then when you bring a woman home and find out she has three legs

#267 10 years ago

Preferably. Nothing worse then when you bring a woman home and find out she has three legs

My favourite ex-pin could VUK the chrome off a trailer hitch.

#268 10 years ago

Sounds like a tranny problem, not just auto related anymore.

Q: What did the left leg say to the right leg ?
A: Hey look, shorty is growing a beard.

#269 10 years ago

Same for me. Weight is a factor too. Much better with 250 than 350 pounds...

#270 10 years ago

I prefer more Safe Cracker size to standard body.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

...and 4 legs ?

Can't be just me thinking on all fours, not four legs

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. I got a thumbs down for this post?
Either someone doesn't like Expo, Star Trek, or that someone would comment on either subject ...

I think some thumbs up/down votes may be inadvertant. I know I have accidentally hit the wrong spot on my iPod while scrolling, resulting in a vote.

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Due to design flaws.

#274 10 years ago

Curious. I was watching the videos of Star Trek and the RGB LEDS intrigue me.
It appears the EMBLEM inserts are following the colors of the main 6 mode inserts BLUE, YELLOW, RED, PURPLE, TURQUOISE, GREEN.

Has anyone seen the emblems give off other colors? I know they are capable of thousands of colors, but is the software programmed for these 6 colors? maybe white too I would imagine....

#275 10 years ago

nice review....

BTW, i'd add the below to my autosignature

Quoted from scooter:

I like playing both wide body and standard.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

How did you get under the equator? Did you dig a hole?

I'm north of the equator, where we stand upright. People south are standing on their head from my perspective.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. Ever play a Space Invaders, Hot doggin', Stern Split Second, Flight 2000? I could list more but all these games are slow. F2K even added extra kickers and still you watch the ball go East and West. These games are fun but still not as fast as they could be if you put the same layout on a standard body. Play a Flight 2000 then go play a Gamatron, same layout but one is much faster than the other.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Play a Flight 2000 then go play a Gamatron, same layout but one is much faster than the other.

Good point there. Not many have probably ever seen a Gamatron, but it is definitely faster and more fun than F2000.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree, DM and JD are fast great flowing pins so it is possible to have good flow and speed. That said, traveling from side to side the ball has more ground to cover in a wide body may not have the same quick change of ball direction that a standard has. It is not all about just the pitch the side to side shots are generally longer and thus the game seems to be a little slower than it would be on a standard. Not trying to advocate for one of the other just trying to explain why I think no matter how fast a wide body plays there are standards that play much faster. The same or close to the same flow can be achieved in widebodies but how fast it plays cannot match a standard IMO.

Quoted from RobT:

I'm not going to get into some type of geometry or physics argument. I will simply state that based on my experience with the widebody pins that I've owned, none of them play as fast as most standard sized pins. And it's usually not even close.

I agree w/ you both. Additionally when talking about fastest pins does anyone include a widebody machine? Usually not....

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I agree w/ you both. Additionally when talking about fastest pins does anyone include a widebody machine? Usually not....

haha the guy with vtec16 is talking about fast things lol

#281 10 years ago

Yeah a honda S2000 with vtec tricked out is a very very fast car. Just sayin.

#282 10 years ago

Yeah a honda S2000 with vtec tricked out is a very very fast car. Just sayin.

We're going off topic obviously, but when you talk about an S2000 "tricked out" as being a "very very fast car" I'd have to ask you for two definitions: 1) tricked out? 2) very, very fast?

The S2000 is indeed a fast car...for what it is. And what it is is a high revving, lightweight, 4 banger sports car...with very little torque.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We're going off topic obviously, but when you talk about an S2000 "tricked out" as being a "very very fast car" I'd have to ask you for two definitions: 1) tricked out? 2) very, very fast?
The S2000 is indeed a fast car...for what it is. And what it is is a high revving, lightweight, 4 banger sports car...with very little torque.

Tricked out like intake, exhaust, racing clutch & shifter, lowered suspension, chip, ect. We all know there are faster cars out there. But to those that argue that a tricked out S2000 is not fast id challenge you to take a ride in one it red lines at around 9000 RPMs. For the record I don't and never have owned one. It is far from slow and could hang with cars out of its class especially on a road with some twists. For those that can't drop a ton of money on a car it provides speed with great handling.

#285 10 years ago

Tricked out like intake, exhaust, racing clutch & shifter, lowered suspension, chip, ect. We all know there are faster cars out there. But to those that argue that a tricked out S2000 is not fast id challenge you to take a ride in one it red lines at around 9000 RPMs. For the record I don't and never have owned one. It is far from slow and could hang with cars out of its class especially on a road with some twists. For those that can't drop a ton of money on a car it provides speed with great handling.

stick to pinball you seem to know more in that field

#286 10 years ago

I had the same impressions as the OP, although I kind of liked the artwork a lot more than I thought. They went for a cockpit type feel and I think it works when you're standing behind it. And thankfully they did away with the clipart.

The game seemed much easier than I expected. Maybe I've gotten better but Ritchie pins usually destroy me the first handful of times I play it. But I was able to hit shots and didn't feel like missed shots resulted in trouble too often. Not really a knock and something I'm sure opening the outlanes would help, but just different from my expectations.

It's been said in this thread, but it'll come down to software. Game looks nice, plays real fast with satisfying shots, and now just needs the software to utilize that. If it does, it'll be a great game. If not, it won't be.

#287 10 years ago

stick to pinball you seem to know more in that field

LOL okay mr car smarts. Id rather let this get back on topic then talk cars with you anyway.

Quoted from sturner:

The game seemed much easier than I expected. Maybe I've gotten better but Ritchie pins usually destroy me the first handful of times I play it. But I was able to hit shots and didn't feel like missed shots resulted in trouble too often. Not really a knock and something I'm sure opening the outlanes would help, but just different from my expectations.

That is interesting I had the reverse experience it was actually a little more difficult to score than I had anticipated. Granted it was all of our first time playing it but no one really ripped it up. I think the lock and away team to start missions were probably the hardest shots. The vengeance shot looked easy in the videos I watched but seemed a little harder to hit then I thought it would be. I do like how the pops never drain the ball and agree that there are some pretty easy shots like the left ramp and loop.

Quoted from sturner:

It's been said in this thread, but it'll come down to software. Game looks nice, plays real fast with satisfying shots, and now just needs the software to utilize that. If it does, it'll be a great game. If not, it won't be.

Agreed.

#288 10 years ago

With Balls?

#289 10 years ago

Only if they glow in the dark.

#290 10 years ago

Nice... That one was about an 8.

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Nice... That one was about an 8.

I'd say it was leaning more towards an 8.5 or 9.

#292 10 years ago

Quoted from RobT:

I love my daily driver an 07 Civic Si. The S2000 is for the weekends and not even close to stock, around the track it's hard to beat (not saying it cant be beat or is never beat I'm just saying it's very quick). It's and absolutely fun toy, whether either of you agree matters little to me.

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I love my daily driver an 07 Civic Si. The S2000 is for the weekends and not even close to stock, around the track it's hard to beat (not saying it cant be beat or is never beat I'm just saying it's very quick). It's and absolutely fun toy, whether either of you agree matters little to me.

LOL

I'm *very* familiar with the car, believe me. And I NEVER said anything about it not being "quick" and certainly never said anything about it not being fun! I think it's a great car, especially for the money. I came close to buying one.

That doesn't mean that I think it is "very, very fast". It's not (it has no torque). But it's all relative, and subjective, so probably not even worth arguing about.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That doesn't mean that I think it is "very, very fast". It's not (it has no torque). But it's all relative, and subjective, so probably not even worth arguing about.

Never seen a blown s2000?
Torque? Neither does a miata.. but they are fast on the track.

'very very fast' is defined by the clock.. not the speedo.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Never seen a blown s2000?
Torque? Neither does a miata.. but they are fast on the track.
'very very fast' is defined by the clock.. not the speedo.

Defined by the clock. Exactly.

Why don't you take your miata down to the drag strip and see how it does. And Miata's get blown off the race track every day.

Are you even following the conversation? A "blown" S2000? Are we talking about that? Did you see where I asked what kind of mods we were talking about? Nobody said anything about a blower.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL
I'm *very* familiar with the car, believe me. And I NEVER said anything about it not being "quick" and certainly never said anything about it not being fun! I think it's a great car, especially for the money. I came close to buying one.

Quoted from RobT:

Defined by the clock. Exactly.
Why don't you take your miata down to the drag strip and see how it does. And Miata's get blown off the race track every day.
Are you even following the conversation? A "blown" S2000? Are we talking about that? Did you see where I asked what kind of mods we were talking about? Nobody said anything about a blower.

I understand what you are saying, perhaps quick is a better term then fast, the cars top speed is about 155-160 so its not the fastest thing out there for sure. I have only had mine at this speed range a couple times. When I said track I should have clarified I did not mean the 1/4 mile. The s2000 is not meant to be a drag strip car. LOL its funny how a star trek thread went into cars.

#297 10 years ago

I bet the USS Enterprise can do the quarter light year faster.

#298 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I bet the USS Enterprise can do the quarter light year faster.

Yeah but could she do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs?

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Yeah but could she do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs?

Ooooh now you've done it! We're talkin' intergalactic inter-fiction throwdown now... oh wait....

Usually Star Trek avoids confusing units of distance measurement with time measurement, unlike Star Wars.

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Ooooh now you've done it! We're talkin' intergalactic inter-fiction throwdown now... oh wait....
Usually Star Trek avoids confusing units of distance measurement with time measurement, unlike Star Wars.

lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-arrived-impressions/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.