New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 160701)

Star Trek alternate art vs. Star Trek alternate-alternet art!

By TOK

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by modfather
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1806_(resized).JPG
st_alt_2_(resized).jpg
st_alt_1_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I love them both, which should stay on?

st_alt_1_(resized).jpg

st_alt_2_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

The second one is kind of a wreck.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

The second one is kind of a wreck.

Yeah I like the idea of it, but the execution is what's lacking.

#4 4 years ago

Definitely the first. The second is way too busy.

#5 4 years ago

Agree on 1st one

#6 4 years ago

I have the first one, so the first one

#7 4 years ago

The second one all day long!

#8 4 years ago

I like them both, I have the 1st and the second has a nice look with the two ships. But, honestly I could do without the meteors/asteroids in both of them.

#9 4 years ago

First one by a lightyear.

#11 4 years ago

Add a poll

I like the first one

#13 4 years ago

The only one that's available... the second one.

#14 4 years ago

the second one has the speaker panel which comes with the first one, which you can't get any longer.

#15 4 years ago

first

#16 4 years ago

First one - it's much cleaner and sharper - really packs a punch.

#17 4 years ago

IMG_1806_(resized).JPG

#18 4 years ago

1st one

#19 4 years ago

I think the first one is great. Wanted to change my translite, but the 1st is no longer available. Ordered the new one. I think it looks pretty good. Am I missing something? Is it bad? Or good, just not as good as the 1st?

#20 4 years ago

1st one. But Han Solo is blowing my mind up.

#21 4 years ago

Make this a poll
First one, second is too busy.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

first one, second one looks too busy.

Really? The first one looks like nothing is going on. It's like a badly Photo-shopped picture of a model kit.

Second one.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

1st one. But Han Solo is blowing my mind up.

Boy George has the high score on Metallica. It gets boring when all your guests are monkey flippers.

I actually really like both of them. In defense of the second one, it presents better than it photographs. The art gives some context to the scale of the Vengeance on the playfield.

#24 4 years ago

I like the original better than both of those, however, if I had to pick - I'd go with the 2nd.

#25 4 years ago

The second one is too busy. Go with #1

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I think the first one is great. Wanted to change my translite, but the 1st is no longer available. Ordered the new one. I think it looks pretty good. Am I missing something? Is it bad? Or good, just not as good as the 1st?

Where are alternate translites like these available for Star Trek? I'm in on the latest Premium run, but not sure about the stock translite...

Also, who has the color-changing backbox kit? I saw one of these on location with an alternate ship translite, thought it was pretty cool.

#27 4 years ago

Yeah,i want one too!Who sells the 2nd one please??

#28 4 years ago

1st one can someone PM me where to get one thanks.

#29 4 years ago

1st one is no longer being made and the maker said he will not make more. Many people want the 1st... have to find one second hand on ebay, if they're lucky...

2nd is available. Send a PM to Modfather. His friend makes them.

#30 4 years ago

Second one please!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Boy George has the high score on Metallica. It gets boring when all your guests are monkey flippers.
I actually really like both of them. In defense of the second one, it presents better than it photographs. The art gives some context to the scale of the Vengeance on the playfield.

That's great! Next time I put up a high score on my buddies Luci she's going to get a Dirty Sanchez!

Oh and the more I look at the 2nd one I think I like it better. Definitely more original.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I like the original better than both of those, however, if I had to pick - I'd go with the 2nd.

Good God man! The Pro translite is the lamest most uninspired thing slapped on a pinball machine since the Gottlieb Premier days.

#33 4 years ago

First one looks like the Enterprise has lost power or stalled and is falling backward into that moon. I don't care for the meteorites at all. The second one looks action packed and powerful. To each his own.

#34 4 years ago

You have to see them in person and lite up...... The first one is simply AMAZING. Colors are vibrant , and nothing is washed out. Glad I got one while they were available.

#35 4 years ago

I think the one on my pro is from a premium, its auto'd by Ritchie as well.. I really like it. Every time I see the original Pro its definitely not inspiring.. +1 for Aurich's stuff as well..

1 week later
#37 4 years ago

2nd one all day long in my book. Lots of details and colors. It looks fantastic !!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
4,650 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
York, PA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside