• Latest reply 7 years ago by modfather
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1806_(resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

My buddy designed a new Star Trek alternate translite for my game. I think it came out really nice using vibrant colors and a perfect backdrop for this space themed game. I never really liked the actors in the translite from the movie , and really preferred the enterprise ship and space background. It really compliments the game well. I hope you guys like it.

#2 7 years ago

I think it looks bad ass! Would love to see some pics of it installed.

#3 7 years ago

Looks pretty good, but detail on the vengeance is hard to distinguish without it lit up.... The only thing I don't like is the blue hue around the letters.

Rob

#4 7 years ago

I think it's bad ass. Nice work!!!

#5 7 years ago

Looks great!

#6 7 years ago

Looks awesome!

#7 7 years ago

I'm just curious, what is the picture size of that? Where are you having it printed and on what material?

#8 7 years ago

The vengeance just about takes up the whole image. Would look better with more color like that planet with the blues and reds. Looks pretty good, though, and definitely an improvement over stock. Love to see it installed and lit. I was lucky to get Aurich's translight and it really comes to life when lit.

#9 7 years ago

I think it looks great!

Quoted from Jasontaps:

I'm just curious, what is the picture size of that? Where are you having it printed and on what material?

I was curious about this as well. I have an Aurich kit on my ST but there are other games I'd like to experiment with for personalized custom translites.

#10 7 years ago

It is printed on thick mylar with a white backing. Just like regular translites are.

#11 7 years ago

"Way bigger than last time" is the JJ Abrams trademark. Think the Enterprise is big? Check out the Vengeance! Think the Death Star is big? ...

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

It is printed on thick mylar with a white backing. Just like regular translites are.

Do you offer a printing service or suggest one? I have a 24" x 50ft roll epson ink printer for photos and canvas (another side hobby / business of mine is photography) but haven't tried the DisplayTrans media seemed like there were mixed reviews of how that would turn out - not sure I really want to get into that with my printer. Would be great to have someone to throw money at to have them done.

Aurich mention'd his were some sort of photographic process, all I know is his colors and highlights were fantastic but I think he kept the particular method to himself / trade secrets maybe.

#13 7 years ago

Question.since Aurich was asked by Stern,to please stop making licensed material,how do you get away with it???

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Question.since Aurich was asked by Stern,to please stop making licensed material,how do you get away with it???

He didn't say he was selling them.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Looks pretty good, but detail on the vengeance is hard to distinguish without it lit up....

Very hard to distinguish. I didn't even realize it was the Vengeance until you said that.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

He didn't say he was selling them.

I don't think these are for sale, thus shouldn't interfere with Stern or licensing. Much smaller scale, I assume... someone wanted to try something and change the pic...

#17 7 years ago

Looks great! Star Trek Pro is about the lamest backglass art on a modern Stern. I have Aurichs on mine, but interested in this one as well.

#19 7 years ago

I'd like to see installed. Otherwise, a great looking translite!

#20 7 years ago

Bump TOK!

#21 7 years ago

Nice, Chuck!

#22 7 years ago

Thanks man, I didn't actually design it . A friend of mine did, looks cool thou huh ?

#23 7 years ago

You know what I mean.

Yes, it does look cool.

#24 7 years ago

OK,how about this; i would like to make a donation to you,oh,lets say,75.oo in return for a limited time only,exclusively from the creator,one time giveaway to the next,say 100 lucky donators

#25 7 years ago

Really hawk ? You have a beautiful ST le with a real backglass. ..

#26 7 years ago

Thanks, I like the colors and overall balance of the design. It has rich colors and would look great over the Pro version with the actors images on it. I like the space theme much better.

#27 7 years ago

Yes i do,thank you,just thinking about how rare this item my become!!

3 weeks later
#28 7 years ago

Nice work. Top quality. Looks even better in person.

IMG_1806_(resized).JPGIMG_1806_(resized).JPG

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Nice work. Top quality. Looks even better in person.

Ha, I have that same led sign over my game too.

#31 7 years ago

I like Aurich's better, but if Aurich has stopped making his because of Stern..... This becomes a great alternative!

1 month later
5 months later
#33 7 years ago

..any new photos of this alt translite. The topper in blue looks great with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-alt-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.