• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Woohoo!
Finally got the add a ball from 9.9 Warp Ramp!
I was certain when I heard 9.7 and 9.8, I was going to drain under pressure.

Anybody else able to claim the same?
(I may have easier settings for extra balls so can't claim full bragging rights but I'll take it all the same!)

#2 10 years ago

9.1 for me .

#3 10 years ago

yep. pretty exciting hitting it, but needs to be more of an "event" with some awesome callout or DMD animation.
Love it more everytime I play.

#4 10 years ago

Seems like a lot of work just to add a ball; 18 shots? Someone please explain why this is worth *going* for. I know the ramp is lit sometimes during modes, but why specifically try to get to 9.9 other than to say you did it? Long term this seems boring. What am I missing?
Scott

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Seems like a lot of work just to add a ball; 18 shots? Someone please explain why this is worth *going* for. I know the ramp is lit sometimes during modes, but why specifically try to get to 9.9 other than to say you did it? Long term this seems boring. What am I missing?
Scott

You said it. Just to say I did it.

#6 10 years ago

agreed Scott. It's more for the "title" than the actual reward. Hope they upgrade this with the new code.
Of course, the free ball that comes before 9.9 is the primary reason I try to hit the warp ramp.
Well, that and the fact that looping the warp ramp is one of the most rewarding shots in the game to me.

#7 10 years ago

I'll be a member someday

#8 10 years ago

Several times : )
I strive for that and kamasutra multiball

#9 10 years ago

9.9 several times for me now. My highest number of warp shots in a row is 9. I went from warp 9 to 9.9 in one rush of shots and then during the 2 ball got back to warp 8 in an attempt to see if 9.9 with 2 balls in play gave another ball. I did adjust my warp ramp after I unboxed the game and now the ball rides the rail as it drops from the shot. When the ramp is dialed in a steady rythym gets you into a smooth flow. It is a great shot.

#10 10 years ago

SKB in the hizouse!
Nearly 9.9 twice in one game.

#11 10 years ago

Speaking of warp ramps; is anyone else's warp ramp inconsistent? Neutral/normal shot go perfect. But when the velocity picks up it'll be a haywire return. Not sure if I need to level out my pitch better. I'm at 6.8deg

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I strive for that and kamasutra multiball

lol

#13 10 years ago

I am in the club, thou I have to tell you it is so unsatisfying right now, for such a tough shot...

Hit up to 9.9 and then Warp 7, had the skill shot up to 3.0M, six shots, hit loop champion of 60, and just over 150M...

My best is still 6 in a row for warp shot... Five in a row for super skill shot...

#14 10 years ago

I've had it more than 5 times, with 7 ramps in a row being my best. It's such a satisfying shot

#15 10 years ago

Should I start a Warp 2 club? That is one I could actually join!

#16 10 years ago

yep…. done that!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of warp ramps; is anyone else's warp ramp inconsistent? Neutral/normal shot go perfect. But when the velocity picks up it'll be a haywire return. Not sure if I need to level out my pitch better. I'm at 6.8deg

There is an exposed screw where the warp return mounts to the side rail. It is made for easy adjustment. I loosened this and set the ramp to be a consistent rail hugging shot. Occasionally a slow ball will rattle but anything with speed is smooth as silk.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

There is an exposed screw where the warp return mounts to the side rail. It is made for easy adjustment. I loosened this and set the ramp to be a consistent rail hugging shot. Occasionally a slow ball will rattle but anything with speed is smooth as silk.

Cool. Thx. I played with that screw for a minute the other night but not sure which way is the best to adjust. I'll play with it more. Thx

#19 10 years ago

Some STs on location here I can 9.9 consistently and others I have a hard time hitting that warp ramp at all.

#20 10 years ago

I believe this is the warp ramp screw adjustment

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#21 10 years ago

I don't see how there would be much adjustment available there?

#22 10 years ago

It's just a tiny slight adjustment right or left. I don't think it's necessary and wish I never did it lol cause now it's just playing mind games with me

#23 10 years ago

How did you actually align it? I think the actual problem is timing I have because when I hit it, it goes round no problem.

Is there anyway to adjust my brain?

#24 10 years ago

Only warp 9 and 4 in a row but I only starting playing mine last night. It is such a satisfying shot. I barely look, it's all about feeling the timing.

#25 10 years ago

I've got work to do

#26 10 years ago

Well, I finally hit the warp ramp 5 times in a row which was really cool, but I'm still stuck on warp 9.4 as the furthest I've got.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine is terribly inconsistent. Like you said, you have to hit it easier to get a clean feed. Once the speed picks up the ball drops and bounces against the top of the shooter lane and goes all over the place often jumping the flipper. I have mine set at 7.0 degrees so that might have something to do with it.

#28 10 years ago

I CAN'T FRIGGIN DO IT!

I've had this pin for a while now and I've done "Final Frontier" more times than I can count....put up some good scores but I still can't get to warp factor 9.9!!!!! (And I consider myself an above average player......maybe I need to re-think that).

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

image.jpg 216 KB

So I tried a few different adjustments and the best I found is loosening the screw then reaching behind the backboard and pull the ramp back then tightening the screw. It only budges a buttcrack of a hair and I don't know if it's psychological or not but I was nailing warp ramps after doing that. Nearly made it to 9.9 twice in ine game.

Also, for those that have the ball flying off the wire form left ramp from incredible strong shots - try tightening the nut on the left slinger. This makes the ramp more formed and secure. So far so good *knock on wood*

Still haven't found the issue with the right ramp bricks which occur from solid fast shots on an orbit return. Reducing coil power to low seems to have helped. It really doesn't happen that often; but once it annoys me enough, I'll dig into it.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You are 100% correct Steve pointed it out to me when I was at the factory

image.jpg 216 KB

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I CAN'T FRIGGIN DO IT!
I've had this pin for a while now and I've done "Final Frontier" more times than I can count....put up some good scores but I still can't get to warp factor 9.9!!!!! (And I consider myself an above average player......maybe I need to re-think that).

Ha, just takes practice and timing, just missed doing it twice got to 9.9 then 9.8, 82 loops shots and 183M just can't get enough of this game...

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

yep. pretty exciting hitting it, but needs to be more of an "event" with some awesome callout or DMD animation.
Love it more everytime I play.

yep i agree with that.

i had it twice already.

#33 10 years ago

9.2 for me and warp ramp 5 in a row is my best.

#34 10 years ago

Need more call outs as you progress and huge reward at the end!

#35 10 years ago

What needs more callouts? The warp ramp? I love the fallout buildups. Sweet and simple with a adrenalin boost as he builds up the warp counts. There's just a tiny but of emphasis increased each warp shot. Works beautifully.

As for a huge reward at the end. It would be nice to get a special effect or something when 9.9 is achieved.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What needs more callouts? The warp ramp? I love the fallout buildups. Sweet and simple with a adrenalin boost as he builds up the warp counts. There's just a tiny but of emphasis increased each warp shot. Works beautifully.
As for a huge reward at the end. It would be nice to get a special effect or something when 9.9 is achieved.

Agreed. Some kind of splashy Enterprise rushing off somewhere on the DMD, with the engines roaring.

4 weeks later
#37 10 years ago

I don't think that's the correct screw to adjust the warp ramp. At least on mine it looks different. There is a screw with a slot that allows a good quarter inch adjustment when you pull it from back. Made a big difference as Steve Ritchie suggested.

#38 10 years ago

Got it once and got an extra ball as a reward. Also got 8 consecutive shots on the warp two weeks ago.

#39 10 years ago

Achieved 9.9 once about a week ago. But now I'm more careful and don't (try to) shoot the ramp unless it's lit. Had loud flipper buzz that I solved by putting paper in between the coil and the bracket. It has to be tight to cut down on the vibration. Also got to Enterprise Amok finally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-99-warp-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.