image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
20230430_105125 (resized).jpg
20230429_154231 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230208_131959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230208_131933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230208_131026 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maxash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 5 years ago

I've joined the club! Working on my machine now, it's in need of some love, but I've got it mostly there. Quick question for all of you fellow owners: What should the Transporter Bulb be?

Marco has one for sale that's a 9W DT9/27. My game had a broken bulb, but it's a F13BX/SPX27, which is a 13W bulb. I just want to make sure I get the correct bulb, and if I can just grab one locally or from Amazon with free shipping, that would save me a few bucks. Thanks in advance for the help!

1 week later
#163 5 years ago

Hey All - Happy to be part of the club! Excited about the game update possibility. A couple of questions for the club when you have time.

1) Multiball + Ball Save (Shields up/down). I've noticed that during multiball, when I lose a ball early on, it will sometimes kickout to the shooting lane, but not fire. Other times it will ball save and shoot normally. It mostly seems to have this problem if a ball is lost within a few seconds of multiball beginning. Has anyone else had this issue?

The end result is that it *thinks* it saved the ball, so when you get down to "1" ball it thinks there are still "2" in play, so you can play all the multiball features with a single ball. Once that ball drains, it thinks it's still got a single ball out there. After a little while it does a ball search, fires the ball that's been sitting in the shooting lane, and gameplay continues. Very strange behavior. Thoughts?

2) Looking for some tips on transporter alignment issues. I snagged a bulb (seems dim to me, but hey now it lights up), and I seem to have an issue with the transporter alignment. When I start a game, I see half the crew (upper bodies). When the transporter activates, it sort-of functions, but makes them half-disappear and reappear.

I never get the actual effect of them being all there, then all gone. Is there a good way of taking it apart and realigning things? I dug up the "theory of operation" document, but so far not much help there. I tried adjusting the little black limiter screw on the glass... not much change aside from a different portion of their bodies being gone to start.

Advice welcome! Great club, I love this game!

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm pretty sure the manual has an alignment procedure.
I've aligned my transporters a couple of times using that procedure.

Thank you to Timerider and Zitt for the tips on the transporter. Page 23 of the manual shows the section on "Adjusting the F/X Unit". While it's not the strictly perfect instruction layout, it made enough sense that I sorted mine out. It turned out that one of my 3 screws was missing (bottom right screw), so my transporter glass/plates were slightly tilted (as Timerider showed in his diagram). After lifting the glass in the bottom right corner, exposing the missing screw and screw hole, I added a properly sized screw and sure enough, my image was now in alignment.

After that, I simply followed the directions provided in the manual, using the in-game adjustments to pulse the motor, to manually adjust the two switches so they would trigger at the proper times (which turns the motor on/off at the beginning and end of Multiball). It all works great now!

Thanks to all for the tips. If anyone needs advice on this or more info, let me know, I think I get the idea now.

FX-Adjust (resized).jpgFX-Adjust (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maxash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club?tu=maxash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.