1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

ST DE is an awesome game and often gets buried in the Star Trek Club. Here are a few mods I've made to my machine.

STDE_2_(resized).jpgSTDE_2_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Here is my new blue DMD! It's a darker blue in real life and looks awesome.

STDE_1_(resized).jpgSTDE_1_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Another angle...

STDE_4_(resized).jpgSTDE_4_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I was thinking about getting one for mine. That does look good!
I originally installed my shuttle in the same location and then decided to move it. It just seemed a little too modern and polished for the rest of the game to be front and center like that.

What is it sitting on and where do you have it connected? I connected mine to the fixed rollover lights - turns out it seems to go on off at the right time, looks stock.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Here's a few pics from when I was doing my restoration.

Wow that's a nice restoration!

#12 7 years ago

Here's what I have on the top of my game.

STDE_3_(resized).jpgSTDE_3_(resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Would be an awesome game for a pinsound update adding other characters besides Bones and Scotty.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I may have to do something with that shuttle. On mine I did an Enterprise complete with lightup nacelles.
I've also backlit the ladies and the amoeba.

More pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/albums/72157605111405030

Holy crap I wish I could backlight the three arches, where do you get the stuff to do that?

Nice autographs too! Here's a pic...

star_trek_20100002_(resized).jpgstar_trek_20100002_(resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

Help needed. I have 4 Flashers that don't appear to be working. In the Manual they are identified as "2B". Two of them are #89 located in the top center behind the backglass and the other two are #906 under the mini-mars domes on either side of the main topside ramp. OK, so all of the wiring appears to be properly attached and I tried new bulbs. I also saw that they are attached to J9 on the PPB board and CN12 on the CPU. At least I think that's where they are but the schematics label them as all #89 lamps (can anyone verify this?). Nothing looks burnt. Anyway, I have a dmm and am looking for what to check next. I don't read schematics so well.

Thank you!

1 week later
#27 7 years ago

Seriously, not sure why new, better ones aren't reproduced. So many games are missing the rope lights altogether and the new ones are so much more effective. That rope light looks significantly better than the old one.

#29 7 years ago

I was curious about Pinsound too. I was wondering how much better the sound is even if there is no newly created sound files.

Is the upgrade worth it?

#36 7 years ago

Welcome to the club!

#37 7 years ago

New Spock mod with light up board/viewer.

20160813_112144_HDR1_(resized).jpg20160813_112144_HDR1_(resized).jpg

aaa_(resized).jpgaaa_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#42 7 years ago

Metal-mod cap decals with Brite-Caps EVO cap lights.

Star trek pop bumpers (resized).jpgStar trek pop bumpers (resized).jpg

1 week later
#44 7 years ago

Pahuffman on the bridge! Good luck on your quest.

2 weeks later
#53 7 years ago

Right below the rollover lanes to left of rt ramp.

#54 7 years ago

You can see the plastic on the very first picture in this thread.

20160729_140147_HDR (resized).jpg20160729_140147_HDR (resized).jpg

4 months later
#65 7 years ago

I've seen people do this. Why is it necessary?

#67 7 years ago

Thanks. I only like to deal with problems after they occur and multiply. The more expensive the better has always been my history.

1 week later
7 months later
#84 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Or does someone in the Chicago area have one I can borrow for 6 months? Good things usually happen to Data East games in my basement.

Talk about a game that could use some love!

1 month later
#96 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I owned ST25 a while ago upgraded to STTNG and always thought someone could replace the transporter sheet on the backbox to a LCD screen with a P-Roc or a raspberry PI and when the transporter engages have actual footage of the original show of the crew transporting (I know pinside someone will jump on the license issue and have a hissy fit but still for home use - not sale...) and have a star field or warp simulation or Enterprise orbiting a planet the rest of the time.
It could be like Data East Star Wars that someone upgraded with a LCD TV and footage (Death Star One I think is what it is called).
If someone built the P-Roc trigger someone could do the image / video files easily enough without the license issue on the part of the maker of the upgrade.
Kind of like the CFTBL - where someone made a LCD screen and customer graphics for when the creature was triggered.
This machine just calls out for it - it may not be the best of the Star Trek pinball games but it would be cool now that there is digitally remastered original Star Trek.
This game has the potential to use the back box into this game more than most because of the transporter space is already cut out.
It would be sooo cool.

I would buy one again if this happened or if someone recreated the sounds. I think Pinsound works with this title. Would be so awesome to have callouts from Kirk and Spock. Great game that could really use a refresh.

1 month later
#102 6 years ago

Excellent replacement. Blue is just a plastic gel that goes over the dmd but it looks perfect.

5 months later
#155 5 years ago

First step check all fuses for continuity with a dmm and reseat all connections in the backbox.

4 months later
#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Ijpinball:

? What would be a good price for a 25th anniversary Star Trek.full restoration Pretty much everything is brand new except for the cabinet wire hornist and playfield.Play field was clear coated. New details, coin door, every nut bolt,screw, Spring all right dog boards , ponsound board,Bumper assembly’s,all lamp sockets sockets,Solenoids, legs, rails, like downp solenoids, legs, rails, lockdown bar, upgraded speakers , All plastics, all new transporter, All switches and targets, all LEDs , all Metal tumbled chrome finish , Led flipper buttons, fan,
Power box and cord , start button launch button and assembly , all new grounds, backpacks lamp board or new grounds and sockets , Merror side blades,probably some more I forgot about .

3k all day

2 months later
#244 5 years ago
Quoted from stevep-uk:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, nice display!

9 months later
#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Well this arrived a couple of days ago & the plan is to install tomorrow hoping everything goes well. Currently waiting on a custom sound remix to be finalised including a Shaker mix triggered by SFX events.[quoted image]

Wow, tell us more about the custom sound mix! Kindof what this pin is missing...

#343 4 years ago

I meant the game has limited speech assets. It would be awesome to have Kirk, Spock etc from the show/movies.

#346 4 years ago

Wow so cool! I always wondered if there was maybe a Tribble line from the Trouble with Tribbles episode.

5 months later
#530 4 years ago

Outstanding Chad, as usual!

So many upgrades to the software, I only wish I still had my machine!

Question, has the Transporter light on top of the opening to the left ramp been integrated more into the game play? I seem to remember that light never seemed to go on when I had my machine (or maybe mine was just broken?).

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That's tied to "Special When Lit". In the original code, Special would pretty much never come up. But with the new code there is a greater chance of Special, so I guess you could say it will light more often now but still rare.
[quoted image]

I always thought it should be lit when the ramp goes up to help indicate the shot.

#534 4 years ago

Makes sense. Amazing work, again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club?tu=Rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.