Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pahuffman
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 149 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191018_180336 (resized).jpg
pin (resized).jpg
AA4F6E93-CD46-40A1-BF7D-18406F501C57 (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_42fd (resized).jpeg
B53E746C-F721-472F-BAA4-4ABE7998A898 (resized).jpeg
77BC2E2B-1EFF-407B-B940-2D7A42A70ACA (resized).jpeg
63008A18-FD89-4074-A367-864E76BA8AB7 (resized).jpeg
nccDSC_0617 (resized).jpg
351C022F-42E8-4171-A106-1F3CA8B83E90 (resized).jpeg
5D8101EB-6AB9-4384-9E21-A5599D07ABD4 (resized).jpeg
4417FC64-F9F6-4AFB-80E0-E91F85C9FA20 (resized).jpeg
st25InstructionCard.jpg
st25FreePlay.jpg
ramp (resized).jpg
chaserLightCompare (resized).JPG
ramps (resized).jpg

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 27 days ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

That's all pretty normal. We're lucky any of these things work at all after all these years!
I love that MAME cab.

Thanks, I built it a few years ago.

#352 25 days ago

So I rebuilt the chaser lights today tested and installed them, I wasn't expecting them to work thinking the board was gone but they did...sort of. Lights on both sides sets 1 and 3 work great but set 2 was dim and now 2 doesn't work at all while hooked up to the pin. They do work fine if I remove them and supply 12v.

My question is can the board be partially gone or is there a deeper issue?
20191018_180336 (resized).jpg

#353 24 days ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

So I rebuilt the chaser lights today tested and installed them, I wasn't expecting them to work thinking the board was gone but they did...sort of. Lights on both sides sets 1 and 3 work great but set 2 was dim and now 2 doesn't work at all while hooked up to the pin. They do work fine if I remove them and supply 12v.

Have you checked the continuity of the wires back to the board?
Also, there is a thread specific to these lights here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chase-rope-repair-in-data-east-st-and-hook#post-5246596

#354 24 days ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

[quoted image]

Wow love the pinkish Dilithium Crystals I did the same. I have the same Enterprise ship - only the Hull has a few blinking lights & surprisingly the 2 engines don’t light up even though there Red in colour is yours the same ?

#355 24 days ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Wow love the pinkish Dilithium Crystals I did the same. I have the same Enterprise ship - only the Hull has a few blinking lights & surprisingly the 2 engines don’t light up even though there Red in colour is yours the same ?

Thanks, they're just the normal bulb, I removed what LEDS were in it since they over powered everything. I think my Enterprise might be the same. Was yours a Chip Carter off Amazon?

#356 23 days ago
Quoted from Torre:

Have you checked the continuity of the wires back to the board?
Also, there is a thread specific to these lights here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chase-rope-repair-in-data-east-st-and-hook#post-5246596

Just checked the grounds and they're good all the way, and I built them following the link you gave me. Perhaps I did something wrong, if nothing else I have some new IC's coming.

As a test I made a strand of just three LEDs and still only two will light.

#357 23 days ago

The board is actually pretty simple. IIRC it's a transistor array chip on the output.
As a result; it's entirely possible one of the transistors is bad in the chip.

#358 22 days ago

Heres a little demo of my Pinsound Shaker with TOS opening theme

#359 22 days ago

Pinsound custom orchestration Star Trek 4 TVH main theme

#360 22 days ago

End credits with TOS closing theme very close to finishing

#361 21 days ago

Good work. I'm not a fan of the ending credits being so long... but it's your game and I'm still impressed.

#362 20 days ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Heres a little demo of my Pinsound Shaker with TOS opening theme

Excellent! Nice job.

#363 19 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Good work. I'm not a fan of the ending credits being so long... but it's your game and I'm still impressed.

Thanks mate trying to keep it authentic

#364 19 days ago
Quoted from Torre:

Excellent! Nice job.

Cheers but I can’t take the credit had a computer whiz program for me

1 week later
#365 7 days ago

edit, figured it out.

#366 3 days ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'll send this suggestion to Chad at PinballCode, who is actively working on this game. Maybe he will implement it.
EDIT: Chad said it was one of the first things he removed. As usual with his work, this sounds like it's going to be a comprehensive code update.

I'm new to owning a machine so basically clueless, but how long does an update usually take?

#367 3 days ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

how long does an update usually take?

Honestly; however, long it takes.
Chad - I'm assuming is a hobbyist with a day job... and maybe a family.
He probably does it for fun... so; it'll take however long he wants it to take. That said; it may never be available as he may never finish it.

Seriously; keep an eye out... and if the pinball gods smile on you an update will become available one day.

#368 3 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Honestly; however, long it takes.
He probably does it for fun... so; it'll take however long he wants it to take. That said; it may never be available as he may never finish it.
Seriously; keep an eye out... and if the pinball gods smile on you an update will become available one day.

Good to know, thanks! Like I said, I'm a virgin when it comes to owing one of these so that probably won't be last dumb question I have.

#369 2 days ago

I didn't mean my comment to sound like a teacher exasperated by a challenging student.

Just being clear with the expectations - as I see them.

If you want to see how it's done... go follow applejuice 's in the RFM thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this
Honestly; he's better than Stern.

#370 2 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I didn't mean my comment to sound like a teacher exasperated by a challenging student.
Just being clear with the expectations - as I see them.
If you want to see how it's done... go follow applejuice 's in the RFM thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this
Honestly; he's better than Stern.

Oh no, sorry. It wasn't meant that way at all. I appreciate the input.

#371 1 day ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yep he's just a hobbyist. I was emailing back and forth with him for several weeks at one point and then he just went cold on me. It's obviously not a priority for him at the moment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cameron Park, NSW
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside