1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
There are 812 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The jackpot increases every time you hit it, I think it stops increasing at 100 million.

I thought that might be the case, but there's no way of knowing until you hit one. Does it carry over from ball to ball or multiball to multiball? Even then you have to do the math in your head. It may just be a restriction from the small DMD.

1 week later
#302 4 years ago

Can someone take a good picture of the transporter mechanism right where the limit switches are? Trying to see if the actuator wheel should be on the end of the image panel or behind it. Thanks

Edit.. never mind, it’s working now.

1 week later
#303 4 years ago

Does anyone have or could take a high res scan or photo of this area on the playfield? I’d like to try and fix up the face a bit.
D857F335-B207-424C-A6A8-1FFB06EB0DBF (resized).jpegD857F335-B207-424C-A6A8-1FFB06EB0DBF (resized).jpeg

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Does anyone have or could take a high res scan or photo of this area on the playfield? I’d like to try and fix up the face a bit.
[quoted image]

Here's an old picture of mine.

01170015 (resized).JPG01170015 (resized).JPG
#305 4 years ago

Question:
Is it normal when you are in video mode and on every press the launch button to shoot the ships to trigger/activate the launch mechanism every time?

#306 4 years ago

Thanks for the pic Sam.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Question:
Is it normal when you are in video mode and on every press the launch button to shoot the ships to trigger/activate the launch mechanism every time?

Yes. Mine does that as well.

#308 4 years ago

Now I understand why the shooter mech was broken.Very stupid.Why they did it like that?
Any chance this to be disable?

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Now I understand why the shooter mech was broken.Very stupid.Why they did it like that?
Any chance this to be disable?

I'll send this suggestion to Chad at PinballCode, who is actively working on this game. Maybe he will implement it.

EDIT: Chad said it was one of the first things he removed. As usual with his work, this sounds like it's going to be a comprehensive code update.

#310 4 years ago

Cool news.

#311 4 years ago

Question about the pop bumper caps. How many should there be?

My game only came with 2, but the sticker set has 3 stickers for the caps. Also, the pop bumper under the ramp has it's light socket wires cut. Should there be a light in that pop bumper too?

Thanks. I've been working on totally shopping and repairing this game I picked up and it is turning out to be quite the project.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

My game only came with 2, but the sticker set has 3 stickers for the caps. Also, the pop bumper under the ramp has it's light socket wires cut. Should there be a light in that pop bumper too?

3 caps and and the socket wires should be in tact.

#313 4 years ago

Thank you. Can you or anyone get a pic of where the light socket wires are soldered to under the playfield?

#314 4 years ago

Don't mind me, just saying hi so I can get this thread into my list for future use.

-Hans

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Question about the pop bumper caps. How many should there be?
Thanks. I've been working on totally shopping and repairing this game I picked up and it is turning out to be quite the project.

IIRC Mine had 2 covers and one pop without a socket (one under crystals). I would have to look at my original pictures to confirm but I am pretty sure this was the case. I ended up adding a top and a socket during a tear down.

Quoted from mbott1701:

I can get you a super hi rez picture if you need - I shoot everything in RAW and should have some images already done at home. PM Me if you need some, happy to help.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

IIRC Mine had 2 covers and one pop without a socket (one under crystals). I would have to look at my original pictures to confirm but I am pretty sure this was the case. I ended up adding a top and a socket during a tear down.

I can get you a super hi rez picture if you need - I shoot everything in RAW and should have some images already done at home. PM Me if you need some, happy to help.

Thanks. I think I'll do the same. Add a cap to the lower bumper and then wire it up, same as the the left and right bumpers. Doesn't look like it was wires stock, according to the manual, it only lists the left and right.

I'll PM you about the scan, thanks again.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#317 4 years ago

Ouch, just bit the bullet and ordered the pricey replacement main ramp. Anyone else have this ramp in their game?
My original ramp was cracked and pretty beat. I might try practicing some flame polishing on it now.

I already got the subway that Freeplay40 sells. Top notch, quality piece and much improved from the one that came on my game.
ramps (resized).jpgramps (resized).jpg

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Ouch, just bit the bullet and ordered the pricey replacement main ramp. Anyone else have this ramp in their game?

Let us know about fit and finish when you get it in. My main ramp has a hold burned in the right entrance from a bulb that was left on for far too long. I covered it with a piece of clear tape. It doesn't affect gameplay, but it's an eyesore.

#319 4 years ago

Will do.
My ramp was functional but eye sore-ish too. Since it’s something that is a central focus, I wanted it to look nicer.

3 weeks later
#320 4 years ago

Wanting to join the club soon. Looking for a game near Sacramento CA. No hurry, need to sell one or two other games first. Thinking a couple weeks to a month.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

This method worked well, but did take some effort. I recommend turning on the TV to a ballgame or something and getting all of the stripping done before you start soldering.

I just finished redoing my chaser lights in leds using a similar method, too. Very tedious and took a couple sittings to complete, but it looks much better. I was able re-use the original tubing thankfully. Now I just have to finish getting everything put back on the new ramp and finish up my shop job so I can

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I just finished redoing my chaser lights in leds using a similar method, too. Very tedious and took a couple sittings to complete, but it looks much better. I was able re-use the original tubing thankfully. Now I just have to finish getting everything put back on the new ramp and finish up my shop job so I can

Show us some pictures!

#323 4 years ago

I don't have any good pics yet since I still have to finish getting the game put back together.

However, I can share a pic did I took when I finished the first tube to compare to the original tube/bulbs. I don't know why it looks purplish in the image, but it is very blue in person.
The ramp is just sitting inside the cabinet so I could make my connections.

chaserLightCompare (resized).JPGchaserLightCompare (resized).JPG
#324 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I don't have any good pics yet since I still have to finish getting the game put back together.

Looking good! Did you use white or blue bulbs?

#325 4 years ago

Blue. 3mm leds

3 weeks later
#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Let us know about fit and finish when you get it in

Repro ramp is installed. It was a bit tighter fit in the back compared to the original, but works overall. I couldn't get the mirror in the back to sit as flush and couldn't use the original threaded holes.

Also, I put together some apron cards to share if anyone wants.

ramp (resized).jpgramp (resized).jpgst25FreePlay.jpgst25FreePlay.jpgst25InstructionCard.jpgst25InstructionCard.jpg
#327 4 years ago

Anyone else put a 2006 hallmark enterprise in their machine? I just installed one and wired it into the right ramp lamp. I used part of the original stand and some 14 gauge hobby wire to mount it.

4417FC64-F9F6-4AFB-80E0-E91F85C9FA20 (resized).jpeg4417FC64-F9F6-4AFB-80E0-E91F85C9FA20 (resized).jpeg5D8101EB-6AB9-4384-9E21-A5599D07ABD4 (resized).jpeg5D8101EB-6AB9-4384-9E21-A5599D07ABD4 (resized).jpeg351C022F-42E8-4171-A106-1F3CA8B83E90 (resized).jpeg351C022F-42E8-4171-A106-1F3CA8B83E90 (resized).jpeg
#328 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Anyone else put a 2006 hallmark enterprise in their machine?

No. I used a RunPress Enterprise
which was more work; but readily available and had hull windows.

RunPress EnterpriseRunPress Enterprise

#329 4 years ago

Looks great, Zitt! The hull windows are pretty neat.
I like the larger size of the Hallmark ship though, too bad they didn't include the hull portals as part of that model also.

2 weeks later
#330 4 years ago

When I had the whole machine powder coated last year I regretted not doing the speaker box. Thought about doing it later but was told they couldn’t guarantee it would look the same color depending on how heavy or light the powder is applied as well as different batches may vary in color ect. So I had a decal designed which I think looks pretty awesome & almost looks factory blending in with the translite.

63008A18-FD89-4074-A367-864E76BA8AB7 (resized).jpeg63008A18-FD89-4074-A367-864E76BA8AB7 (resized).jpeg77BC2E2B-1EFF-407B-B940-2D7A42A70ACA (resized).jpeg77BC2E2B-1EFF-407B-B940-2D7A42A70ACA (resized).jpeg
#331 4 years ago

I can't believe you put Uhura on there instead of McCoy!

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I can't believe you put Uhura on there instead of McCoy!

Didn’t have a lot of choice there were limited high res pics in that type of air brushed artwork and as you can see McCoy was hidden.

B53E746C-F721-472F-BAA4-4ABE7998A898 (resized).jpegB53E746C-F721-472F-BAA4-4ABE7998A898 (resized).jpeg
#333 4 years ago

I like it so much.Do you have the file?And what you used to place it on speaker panel-standart sticker paper ot something else?

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I like it so much.Do you have the file?And what you used to place it on speaker panel-standart sticker paper ot something else?

Hi sorry I don’t have the file was a one off through a printing shop. It is an actual adhesive sticker. Thanks

1 month later
#335 4 years ago

So after years and years and years of wanting a Star Trek pinball game, I finally scored a Star Trek DE. I guess my question is my game is has not been upgraded at all. It still has the AA battery holder on the main board. I think I want to switch it over to LED's but really not sure. Does anybody have recondations on a certain kit? Anybody have before and after pictures? Trying to make sure its something that I want to do. Thanks
fullsizeoutput_42fd (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_42fd (resized).jpeg

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from dcopelandia:

Does anybody have recondations on a certain kit? Anybody have before and after pictures?

I've done mine piecemeal over the course of several years. Replacing mine with mainly comet for the switched inserts - especially the crystals. I still have my GI as incandescent because I think it looks more natural for a game of this era.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from dcopelandia:

So after years and years and years of wanting a Star Trek pinball game, I finally scored a Star Trek DE. I guess my question is my game is has not been upgraded at all. It still has the AA battery holder on the main board. I think I want to switch it over to LED's but really not sure. Does anybody have recondations on a certain kit? Anybody have before and after pictures? Trying to make sure its something that I want to do. Thanks
[quoted image]

I used frosted white in the one we picked up. Color matched the inserts, warm white in the crystals. Our game was a basket case electronically. Came out nice when all done.

1 week later
#338 4 years ago

Well this arrived a couple of days ago & the plan is to install tomorrow hoping everything goes well. Currently waiting on a custom sound remix to be finalised including a Shaker mix triggered by SFX events.

AA4F6E93-CD46-40A1-BF7D-18406F501C57 (resized).jpegAA4F6E93-CD46-40A1-BF7D-18406F501C57 (resized).jpeg
#339 4 years ago
Quoted from dcopelandia:

[quoted image]

I used Cointaker LEDs for mine. I used Purple for the crystals trying to keep it authentic to the movies as the crystals in the films are Purpleish/Pink in colour.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Well this arrived a couple of days ago & the plan is to install tomorrow hoping everything goes well. Currently waiting on a custom sound remix to be finalised including a Shaker mix triggered by SFX events.[quoted image]

Wow, tell us more about the custom sound mix! Kindof what this pin is missing...

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Well this arrived a couple of days ago & the plan is to install tomorrow hoping everything goes well. Currently waiting on a custom sound remix to be finalised including a Shaker mix triggered by SFX events.[quoted image]

What action will trigger the shaker?
On my virtual .VPX version of this game it is triggered when the moving target is hit.
I like the effect.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Wow, tell us more about the custom sound mix! Kindof what this pin is missing...

Don’t know what Kindof is ?

#343 4 years ago

I meant the game has limited speech assets. It would be awesome to have Kirk, Spock etc from the show/movies.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

What action will trigger the shaker?
On my virtual .VPX version of this game it is triggered when the moving target is hit.
I like the effect.

Still a week or 2 away for the programming side of things but from my understanding you can allocate any SFX event to vibrate. I’ll definitely be doing Left & Right ramp shots Left & Right scoops & the Primary target to begin with & then it’s just testing & playing around with other SFX to customise

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I meant the game has limited speech assets. It would be awesome to have Kirk, Spock etc from the show/movies.

Yes will definitely be having Spock say Live Long & Prosper at the end of the game & maybe a few Kirk call outs but will have to retain all Scotty’s call outs as they are integral to the game. At the moment concentrating on music & main themes from the first 6 original films & series & SFX sounds like a Torpedo shot for the ball launch ect

#346 4 years ago

Wow so cool! I always wondered if there was maybe a Tribble line from the Trouble with Tribbles episode.

#347 4 years ago

Picked one up the other day, its in really excellent shape but the transporter motor makes a horrible sound when spinning, is this normal?

Cheers
pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

horrible sound

Define "horrible sound." They're all pretty loud but shouldn't sound like grinding.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Define "horrible sound." They're all pretty loud but shouldn't sound like grinding.

Its not a grinding noise really, more of a rattle. I just figured it would be quieter. Everything seems tight except for the part of the motor that slides in and drives the gears, it's a little sloppy on the shaft.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Its not a grinding noise really, more of a rattle. I just figured it would be quieter. Everything seems tight except for the part of the motor that slides in and drives the gears, it's a little sloppy on the shaft.

That's all pretty normal. We're lucky any of these things work at all after all these years!

I love that MAME cab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 812 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club/page/7?hl=torre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.