Topic Stats

• 471 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ChadH
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 175 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

18933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1189 (resized).jpg
IMG_5490 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200103_060347[1150] (resized).jpg
IMG_20200102_110847[1145] (resized).jpg
IMG_20191120_195853[1143] (resized).jpg
20191219_131603 (resized).jpg
lite-crystals (resized).jpg
lite-scanners (resized).jpeg
STManual3 (resized).PNG
STManual1 (resized).PNG
STManual2 (resized).PNG
20191204_173001 (resized).jpg
20191202_122051 (resized).jpg

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 1 year ago

For some reason I lost the switched play field lights & both slingshots. It worked perfect a few months before which was the last time I used it. I checked and double checked all connectors and fuses. I do have 18 V on CN4. And to let LEDs D 34 and 35.D36 flashes on and start up.
Ty

1 week later
#202 1 year ago

I just picked one of these up. Quick question, to take the glass off do you have to remove the fire button on the right?

I tried to remove the glass today when I got it home and the glass hit the top of the housing that holds the ball launch button button.

Is this typical or something I need to adjust when I remove it?

Thanks!

#203 1 year ago

I have only needed to remove the lockdown bar to remove my glass. Somethings wrong with your launch button assembly.

#204 1 year ago

Any idea how it must look the switch at auto ball assy?
Some part number or pics will be helpful.

P.S.Found

1 week later
#205 1 year ago

Need some video of how the mechanism of backglass animation work.Need exactly too see with removed backglass how the motor push the animation glass. Please it's not so hard work.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Need some video of how the mechanism of backglass animation work.Need exactly too see with removed backglass how the motor push the animation glass. Please it's not so hard work.

Check out Service Bulletin # 33.
http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/bulletins.htm

#207 1 year ago

Already read everything,but sometimes you must see the things in real.

#208 1 year ago

Anyone have an extra set of these plastics? Just need the two -

e25be7b36cf7c82a57eff49d8d2930a53df44dba (resized).jpg
#209 1 year ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Already read everything,but sometimes you must see the things in real.

It's 2 separate pieces of plastic , with 2 different artworks. Back artwork is crew in transporter scene. Front artwork is just a set of vertical lines.
The round cam on the motor, is slightly oval shaped. The front plastic is pulled by the springs against the cam, causing the front artwork lines to shift very little and giving the effect.
Alignment is a pain, and must be done straight on to the artwork. The switches being tripped by the peg on the cam, is adjusted on/off in the diagnostics menu.
Here's a video of mine... I hope this helps.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Anyone have an extra set of these plastics? Just need the two -
[quoted image]

Contact CPR (https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/star-trek-de-2/)
Given kevincpr announcement of their new business model; maybe they could just print you those two.

Although; you could do the same as you're asking... buy the set; use the two you need and sell the other as a partial set or individually.

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Favor to ask for all you DE Star Trek owners. What is the label on your Left Scoop?
Is it “Lite Scanners” or “Lite Crystals”?
[quoted image]

Scanners on mine...

#212 1 year ago

Does this game have a Free Play setting?

Can't seem to find it in the adjustments

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Does this game have a Free Play setting?
Can't seem to find it in the adjustments

absolutely. I have mine set to free play.
I seem to recall it's embedded in one of the expanded settings/adjustments.

Edit: See page 14 of manual.
Free play is Expanded Adjustments #32

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

absolutely. I have mine set to free play.
I seem to recall it's embedded in one of the expanded settings/adjustments.
Edit: See page 14 of manual.
Free play is Expanded Adjustments #32

Thanks that helped a lot!

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

1) is there +50 volt present at the coil ?vio-yel is direct voltage.( no relay involved )
2) if so.... can you ground the anode side of the diode/coil lug ( brn-vio ) wire.
3) does the coil fire?
4) if not, then coil is bad... check for broken coil wire around the lugs...
--- it is a very common problem...
5) if the coil does fire, then the problem if further up the circuitry.

So I finally had a chance to work on getting my laser kick to work again.. the coil turned out to be ok so I think I traced the problem to the transistor (Q24). All the other transistors have a voltage reading of .4 to .6 volts but the Q24 has a reading of like 9 something. I would like to try and replace the Tip 122 transistor, can anyone suggest the best place to buy them?

#217 1 year ago

Thanks Zitt,
Do you know what voltage I need?

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

Thanks Zitt,
Do you know what voltage I need?

I don't understand the question.
TIP122 is a TIP122... they are all speced the same. It's only when you need to substitute a part because it's no longer available do you need to worry about the specs of the new part.

#219 1 year ago

I clicked on your GPE link and there are 100v 1 amp and 100v 3 amp. I meant to ask if you knew what amperage, not voltage, sorry.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

I clicked on your GPE link and there are 100v 1 amp and 100v 3 amp. I meant to ask if you knew what amperage, not voltage, sorry.

Sounds like you're just reading the first 2 transistors on the page. (TIP29 and TIP31)
Try scrolling down to the actual TIP122 entry.

#221 1 year ago

exactly what Timerider said. Scroll down.
They are OOS on the TIP122s so you'll have to try another vendor like digikey or I'm sure someone else has a good suggestion.

#222 1 year ago

General Pinball rule of thumb...If you need to replace a TIP122, best to upgrade to a TIP102 (5 amp vs 8 amp in the 102)

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

General Pinball rule of thumb...If you need to replace a TIP122, best to upgrade to a TIP102 (5 amp vs 8 amp in the 102)

Are they drop in compatible?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-use-a-tip102-for-a-tip122
seems to think so.

https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/TIP100-D.PDF
vs
https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/TIP120-D.PDF
seems to indicate they are pin compatible. So I agree that a 102 should work as a drop in replacement for a TIP122 as even the hFE and VCE(sat) seems to be equivalent.

Sadly tho; TIP102s are also OoS at GPE.

#224 1 year ago

TIP122 is better than original TIP102.Put TIPP122.

#225 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for the time and helped me.Now I will post restoration files in separate thread if someone need in help.

#226 1 year ago

? What would be a good price for a 25th anniversary Star Trek.full restoration Pretty much everything is brand new except for the cabinet wire hornist and playfield.Play field was clear coated. New details, coin door, every nut bolt,screw, Spring all right dog boards , ponsound board,Bumper assembly’s,all lamp sockets sockets,Solenoids, legs, rails, like downp solenoids, legs, rails, lockdown bar, upgraded speakers , All plastics, all new transporter, All switches and targets, all LEDs , all Metal tumbled chrome finish , Led flipper buttons, fan,
Power box and cord , start button launch button and assembly , all new grounds, backpacks lamp board or new grounds and sockets , Merror side blades,probably some more I forgot about .

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from Ijpinball:

? What would be a good price for a 25th anniversary Star Trek.full restoration Pretty much everything is brand new except for the cabinet wire hornist and playfield.Play field was clear coated. New details, coin door, every nut bolt,screw, Spring all right dog boards , ponsound board,Bumper assembly’s,all lamp sockets sockets,Solenoids, legs, rails, like downp solenoids, legs, rails, lockdown bar, upgraded speakers , All plastics, all new transporter, All switches and targets, all LEDs , all Metal tumbled chrome finish , Led flipper buttons, fan,
Power box and cord , start button launch button and assembly , all new grounds, backpacks lamp board or new grounds and sockets , Merror side blades,probably some more I forgot about .

Are you in the US? A full restore here would probably land about $3,000 in today's market I'm guessing. I would love to get everyone else's thoughts on that.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Are you in the US? A full restore here would probably land about $3,000 in today's market I'm guessing. I would love to get everyone else's thoughts on that.

Sounds fair for that title. Maybe a tad high. (not real popular.. kind of a dog) (and I own one, and have sunk good money & time into as well)

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Ijpinball:

3k all day

#230 1 year ago

I've had my Star Trek 25th for a few years but just recently have had time to start working on pinball related things again (1 year+). I thought it would be a good idea to come back here after a very long absence and post here to show my progress.

My machine was in pretty rough shape from debris getting into it from a house project with additional damage including various metal parts becoming rusted. I have some before pictures of the before situation but they don't really do it justice. The pictures also only make me mad for not being more proactive about protecting my machines and allowing this to happen (lesson learned). That being said my v1 playfield protector did keep the majority of things off the real playfield so things could have been worse. Thankfully after an exhaustive cleanup, my playfield looks the best it ever has.

I do have a brand new V2 playfield protector and some Cliffys that are about to go on tomorrow. Between the two they hide most of the imperfections in my game and will be more than adequate until the new CPR playfileds come out.

IZ8A8046 (resized).jpgIZ8A8051 (resized).jpgIZ8A8082 (resized).jpgIZ8A8087 (resized).jpgIZ8A8088 (resized).jpgIZ8A8089 (resized).jpgIZ8A8095 (resized).jpgIZ8A8118 (resized).jpgIZ8A8120 (resized).jpgIZ8A8121 (resized).jpgIZ8A8131 (resized).jpgIZ8A8133 (resized).jpgIZ8A8143 (resized).jpgIZ8A8165 (resized).jpg
#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoak:

my playfield looks the best it ever has.

This looks great! For added protection under the transporter ramp, you can add 2 Cliffy's that are meant for single drop target protection.

20180615_185123 (resized).jpg

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

For added protection under the transporter ramp, you can add 2 Cliffy's that are meant for single drop target protection.

Is there a reason you didn't suggest the actual DEST cliffies?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/st25.htm

I put them on my DEST; and it's been perfectly happy since... Untold TPFs and it still working well.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Is there a reason you didn't suggest the actual DEST cliffies?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/st25.htm

Yes. The set doesn't come with anything to protect the scoop underneath the transporter ramp. It only comes with protectors for the scoops above the drop targets.

#235 1 year ago

Hi Folks,
I have an issue that I need some guidance with. Two solenoids do not want to work properly. The first is the Laser Kick. When the power turns on, the solenoid engages and stays engaged. It worked before I moved everything to a new playfield. The other is the outhole. It doesn't do anything. It was working until I hooked up the Laser Kick solenoid (yes, I know, I am an idiot, I am in the future also). So far, I have confirmed that each solenoid still works individually. I have tested continuity on the wires from the solenoid to the MPU (all good there as well). So I have an issue on the board. What do I need to look for? What most likely burned up in each scenario?

Side note, the machine looks pretty. I would assume it is fun as well, when not fried.

#236 1 year ago

Sounds like one of the transistors is locked on. The laser kick transistor is a Tip 36 at location Q1 on the PPB board.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

This looks great! For added protection under the transporter ramp, you can add 2 Cliffy's that are meant for single drop target protection.
[quoted image]

Not a bad idea Pahuffman: I will check that out, thank you for the tip! Many years ago I tried modifying one of Cliffy's full scoop protectors for this game by shaving the sides to fit around the metal posts that are up there. Anyway, that worked fine but the issue with that method was the protector needed to be just a bit longer to properly fit the dimensions of that hole.

#238 1 year ago

You're doing the Wu's work.

1 month later
#239 1 year ago

So I'm in the club. I need to test two features on the game (kick out and target reset) but I'm unable to figure out how to put the game into a test/diagnostic mode. I'm use to modern sterns and the three buttons. Could anyone help me out, or at least point me into the right direction? Thanks.

#240 1 year ago

check the manual.
I believe the locking button needs to be in a certain position (up or down) when you press the enter button.
One way enters diag mode; the other stats mode.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2356/Data_East_1991_Star_Trek_English_Manual_with_schematics.pdf
pp13 but after reading it... it's not clear to me at all.

pp21 is better. See "Entering Diagnostics". fwd/reverse is set to reverse (down) and press the STEP switch.

#241 1 year ago

Late in posting but we had a restored ST25 plus 3 other ST pins at Destination Star Trek in October here in the UK

Games were very popular and we got the translites signed by various cast members including William Shatner

20181018_172435-1 (resized).jpg20181020_152859 (resized).jpg
#242 1 year ago
FB_IMG_1545080123224 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545080154809 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545080132190 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545080141243 (resized).jpg
#244 1 year ago
Quoted from stevep-uk:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, nice display!

#245 1 year ago

Sorry for hijacking the owners thread.. Hopefully last question for now, my left drop targets aren't registering hits. The bank will reset when the game does a ball search, but it doesn't reset the drop targets when you start a new game. I find it strange that all of the targets aren't registering so I assume its not an individual switch issue. Where should I start with this one? I'm just trying to get this game up and running for the holidays. Thanks again.

1 week later
#246 1 year ago

Hi fellow Star Trek 25th Members I picked this machine up about 6 months ago & have just recently finished modifying in time for Christmas hope you like thanks
Powder coated Metalic Blue /Green ( to match side art of Enterprise ship ) Legs , Side rails , Hinges ,Lockdown bar , Coin door , Leg levelers , Custom Fire Torpedo button Housing , Custom Alloy Backbox frame
New Translite
Cointaker Led’s - Above & Below Playfield , Backbox , Start & Fire buttons & Coin slot
Pinsound package including Speakers , Sub & Sound file
HD Glass
Speaker Led’s ( Blue )
Topper
Blue DMD
Apron decals & Instruction cards
Flippers rebuilt
Blue Flipper Button Led’s
Blue flippers
Purple superbands
New rubbers ect
Battery eliminator
Target decals
Star Trek cup holder
Leg protectors
Purchased Manuel & Flyers
Coin door Badges & Playfield toys
278D064E-B524-4107-969D-0FEE93D1DC9A (resized).jpeg27C80D87-A02C-4813-80E3-8C9E6C9719F9 (resized).jpeg566144E5-587B-4684-93D3-A327152ABD6D (resized).jpeg60C3A442-85F8-4B65-9BB7-B0F3BDB29BAE (resized).jpeg

#247 1 year ago

Very nice! I recently upgraded to a blue dmd, where did you get the leds for the speakers? Is that something that’s an easy install?

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

Very nice! I recently upgraded to a blue dmd, where did you get the leds for the speakers? Is that something that’s an easy install?

Marco Specialties sell the speaker Led’s They come with a remote for changing colours & alligator clips or dependant on the machine a dedicated plug to tap into power

1 month later
#249 1 year ago

Just started to work on my game. I am trying out LED's and have a few questions. I am planning to use Comet's no-ghost lamps for the inserts. Generally that seems fine, but one is flashing all the time, another is a whole lamp matrix row is always on. Any suggestions?
thx izzy

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Just started to work on my game. I am trying out LED's and have a few questions. I am planning to use Comet's no-ghost lamps for the inserts. Generally that seems fine, but one is flashing all the time, another is a whole lamp matrix row is always on. Any suggestions?
thx izzy

Sounds like you have transistor issues, make sure you don't have one locked on. I had a ton of issues with the ST25th that we got, light matrix pre driver transistors, and the mains locked on. Sending 17volts to 6 volts led bulbs. Burned a couple out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 299.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 23.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside