Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Torre
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 149 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191018_180336 (resized).jpg
pin (resized).jpg
AA4F6E93-CD46-40A1-BF7D-18406F501C57 (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_42fd (resized).jpeg
B53E746C-F721-472F-BAA4-4ABE7998A898 (resized).jpeg
77BC2E2B-1EFF-407B-B940-2D7A42A70ACA (resized).jpeg
63008A18-FD89-4074-A367-864E76BA8AB7 (resized).jpeg
nccDSC_0617 (resized).jpg
351C022F-42E8-4171-A106-1F3CA8B83E90 (resized).jpeg
5D8101EB-6AB9-4384-9E21-A5599D07ABD4 (resized).jpeg
4417FC64-F9F6-4AFB-80E0-E91F85C9FA20 (resized).jpeg
st25InstructionCard.jpg
st25FreePlay.jpg
ramp (resized).jpg
chaserLightCompare (resized).JPG
ramps (resized).jpg

There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 1 year ago

Never mind. Please ignore this post.

#152 1 year ago

Hello,
I present you my machine, of course it is fully functional.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#153 1 year ago

I've joined the club! Working on my machine now, it's in need of some love, but I've got it mostly there. Quick question for all of you fellow owners: What should the Transporter Bulb be?

Marco has one for sale that's a 9W DT9/27. My game had a broken bulb, but it's a F13BX/SPX27, which is a 13W bulb. I just want to make sure I get the correct bulb, and if I can just grab one locally or from Amazon with free shipping, that would save me a few bucks. Thanks in advance for the help!

#154 1 year ago

Upper PF GI is out. Any ideas?

20180613_214742 (resized).jpg

#155 1 year ago

First step check all fuses for continuity with a dmm and reseat all connections in the backbox.

#156 1 year ago

I'll give it a go. Just thinking maybe this was a common issue or something.

#157 1 year ago

My vuk stopped firing and I found a broken wire and not sure where it goes, the purple with yellow. Can someone take a look and tell me please?

165E297C-196B-4D6F-97FC-5F09EE3D966F (resized).jpeg
#158 1 year ago

Does it solder to the same lug in the background of your picture?

#159 1 year ago

I was thinking it solders to the same spot on the solenoid as the other purple wire but I just can’t tell

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

I was thinking it solders to the same spot on the solenoid as the other purple wire but I just can’t tell

I'm not sure tbh. you should be able to investigate the lug to see if the wire snapped from vibration fatigue.
Get a flash light and inspect that lug to see if there are wire bits still in place.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

First step check all fuses

It was a fuse.

#162 1 year ago

Does anyone have one of these center plastics? Mine has a crack and is generally pretty crummy. Figured someone may have bought a set and not used it or something.

pasted_image (resized).png

#163 1 year ago

Hey All - Happy to be part of the club! Excited about the game update possibility. A couple of questions for the club when you have time.

1) Multiball + Ball Save (Shields up/down). I've noticed that during multiball, when I lose a ball early on, it will sometimes kickout to the shooting lane, but not fire. Other times it will ball save and shoot normally. It mostly seems to have this problem if a ball is lost within a few seconds of multiball beginning. Has anyone else had this issue?

The end result is that it *thinks* it saved the ball, so when you get down to "1" ball it thinks there are still "2" in play, so you can play all the multiball features with a single ball. Once that ball drains, it thinks it's still got a single ball out there. After a little while it does a ball search, fires the ball that's been sitting in the shooting lane, and gameplay continues. Very strange behavior. Thoughts?

2) Looking for some tips on transporter alignment issues. I snagged a bulb (seems dim to me, but hey now it lights up), and I seem to have an issue with the transporter alignment. When I start a game, I see half the crew (upper bodies). When the transporter activates, it sort-of functions, but makes them half-disappear and reappear.

I never get the actual effect of them being all there, then all gone. Is there a good way of taking it apart and realigning things? I dug up the "theory of operation" document, but so far not much help there. I tried adjusting the little black limiter screw on the glass... not much change aside from a different portion of their bodies being gone to start.

Advice welcome! Great club, I love this game!

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

My vuk stopped firing and I found a broken wire and not sure where it goes, the purple with yellow. Can someone take a look and tell me please?

Bump! I don’t want to solder to the wrong connection and screw something up! Someone please snap a pic of their vuk

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

2) Looking for some tips on transporter alignment issues. I snagged a bulb (seems dim to me, but hey now it lights up), and I seem to have an issue with the transporter alignment. When I start a game, I see half the crew (upper bodies). When the transporter activates, it sort-of functions, but makes them half-disappear and reappear.
I never get the actual effect of them being all there, then all gone. Is there a good way of taking it apart and realigning things? I dug up the "theory of operation" document, but so far not much help there. I tried adjusting the little black limiter screw on the glass... not much change aside from a different portion of their bodies being gone to start.

Also wondering about this, interested in seeing if anyone has a fix for this. Not that it affects gameplay or anything, but I have the half bodies show during transporting also.

Welcome to the club, I love my ST25!

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

Also wondering about this, interested in seeing if anyone has a fix for this. Not that it affects gameplay or anything, but I have the half bodies show during transporting also.
Welcome to the club, I love my ST25!

Yes.. the two violet/yellow wires go on the same lug.

For the transporter.... half-bodies is cause by skewed alignment. You have to have the two sheets perfectly vertical to each other.
(exaggerated example of bad skew)

st25trans (resized).jpgst25vuk (resized).jpg
#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Timerider:

For the transporter.... half-bodies is cause by skewed alignment. You have to have the two sheets perfectly vertical to each other.

Thanks for the info on the transporter and especially the pic of the wiring.. I have a friend coming by this weekend who is excited as hell to play, we used to go to a local bowling alley all the time to play this pin 20+ years ago

#168 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure the manual has an alignment procedure.
I've aligned my transporters a couple of times using that procedure.

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yes, manual has a page on the alignment procedure. Printed it out and stashed it in our game.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Your example is a very good one. It's usually out by just a little. it may take a few tries to get just the right adjustment. It can be done.

#171 1 year ago

Have any of you guys seen a bare playfield offered up for this game? I have one with issues though.it's non dimpled and I think not all post holes are drilled, no tnuts for sure. It's bare as bare can get. The biggest issue I have is it's warped. Badly crowned down the center and it has some twist monsters too.
I'm debating selling it. Checking out the forum to estimate a value on it. It's had some what appear to be water stains, I hand sanded the back side to remove 99%,some are visible under clear coat(top side) under the arch. It has chip or two around the edges. Currently I have it in some clamps to see if it will flatten out. Colors are vibrant and glossy. It's nice but not perfect by any means. I've had it hanging for probably 10 yrs, just because it's so bright and I'm a Trekkie. Not completely in the club anymore but game is still in the family though. EX's. Just the Bally version now.

IMG_0794 (resized).JPGIMG_0798 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0809 (resized).JPGIMG_0811 (resized).JPGIMG_0816 (resized).JPGIMG_0823 (resized).JPG
#172 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfus:

It's bare as bare can get. The biggest issue I have is it's warped. Badly crowned down the center and it has some twist monsters too.

I think the fact that you don't have the wood lane guides on it... is one of the reasons it's warping.

My Star_Trek: Mirror Universe PF had a little natural warp to it... I solved that by CNCing some lane guides out of 1/2" aluminum bar.

As far as value; I'm not sure there is a lot of value given the damage... as CPU did do a run of repo PFs a few years ago.
As a trekkie, myself, I just hold on to it.

Thanks for posting blacklight pictures... I had a feeling the PF was BL compatible... and this just proved it. ;D

#173 1 year ago

I'm inclined to agree with you Zitt. I took the blacklight/uv pics after seeing someone mention it in a post. I wanted to see it too. I may just totally black light it from the front and addressable led it from the backside. Perhaps a frame around it too. Then hang it and enjoy. BTW I love the Mirror game you did.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Thank you to Timerider and Zitt for the tips on the transporter. Page 23 of the manual shows the section on "Adjusting the F/X Unit". While it's not the strictly perfect instruction layout, it made enough sense that I sorted mine out. It turned out that one of my 3 screws was missing (bottom right screw), so my transporter glass/plates were slightly tilted (as Timerider showed in his diagram). After lifting the glass in the bottom right corner, exposing the missing screw and screw hole, I added a properly sized screw and sure enough, my image was now in alignment.

After that, I simply followed the directions provided in the manual, using the in-game adjustments to pulse the motor, to manually adjust the two switches so they would trigger at the proper times (which turns the motor on/off at the beginning and end of Multiball). It all works great now!

Thanks to all for the tips. If anyone needs advice on this or more info, let me know, I think I get the idea now.

FX-Adjust (resized).jpg
#175 1 year ago

There are some awesome people in this club! I soldered my wire and my vuk is ”working!” Lol again.. I also took a crack at aligning the transporter, since the front part is attached to springs I figured out I just had to adjust the back plate a hair to get it aligned properly. My transporter never looked so good!

156CC3BD-C4C4-4322-8EE0-CC93A60D8570 (resized).jpeg506E5D14-7A7E-44EA-9138-3C4283B20C90 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#176 1 year ago

Are there like different versions as far as software for these dmd displays?
One day not long ago I turned my game on and noticed the display was missing two lines. I changed the ribbon cable just to see if it would correct the problem, but it didn’t help. Someone on here mentioned it’s probably broken traces, but nothing I physically see appears wrong.
The awesome guys at The Boston Pinball Company offered to ship me a test board for $10 to see if indeed it’s the display itself or another issue.
Well, the test display looks way better than mine.. not only is it a lot brighter, but there are different graphics! Mine doesn’t say STAR TREK 25th ANNIVERSARY on the start up like the test board, or the word NOW with arrows pointing up to the transporter when multiball starts, or MULTIBALL and another one which is cool, when ONE MILLION appears the million word does a flip lol. I also noticed aomething about Hook during attract mode. Anyway, I think it’s time to pull the trigger on a new display in blue or green

2 weeks later
#177 1 year ago

If the ramp chase lights are missing what are the options ? Are these available - repro or decent substitute? I see the drive board is available if needed.
Any info appreciated.

Thanks

#178 1 year ago

I'm guessing now that CPR is changing their business model that I might finally be able to get that play field I signed up for over 2 years ago.

#179 1 year ago

Finally in the club !!
Need a little help knowing what fluorscent light to put behind the transporter?

Batteries are still alive some how !
Still has lifetime plays.

Thanks in advance.

234AA301-C494-49DD-B7DC-D4B0A4CB9926 (resized).jpeg5ACAB0C2-466D-4304-8C9E-89116E60F74E (resized).jpeg69DC1AB6-2B5A-4EBE-B15F-250768510208 (resized).jpeg
#180 1 year ago

Need a little help knowing what fluorscent light to put behind the transporter?

I reckon pretty much anything with a G23 base will do.

amazon.com link »

#181 1 year ago

Is it just me or do the "new" flipper linkages in the Marco and Pinball Life kits shorten the throw of the flipper? They just don't play the same.

1 week later
#182 1 year ago

Did anyone answer the question about chase lights on the ramps? Just picked up the game and this one does not have them. I'm open to how to make or where to buy something that fits. I think they would look great.
thanks

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

I'm open to how to make or where to buy something that fits. I think they would look great.

They made a repo board for the game that fits into the back box.
As far as the light tubes??? Three strands on each side of the center part of the ramp.
It would be nice if one can get them aligned so that they are in parallel.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Did anyone answer the question about chase lights on the ramps? Just picked up the game and this one does not have them. I'm open to how to make or where to buy something that fits. I think they would look great.
thanks

There is information scattered around the internet... but AFAIK; no one has every built a kit. I have some info in my blog:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=673
I've considered it... but there hasn't been a lot of interest - so I haven't prioritized it among my other projects.

#185 1 year ago

Thanks

1 week later
#186 1 year ago

Hi guys, I’m looking for some help with my laser kick. It’s not firing when lit. During the diagnostic coil test the coil doesn’t fire and the test just continues to the next coil. I checked the lane switch for continuity and the switch is good. I’m not sure how to actually test the coil.. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

#187 1 year ago

Brett, I think you can select on the that coil by changing the repeat for that coil.
Regardless; it sounds like you either have a continuity problem between the driver transistor and the coil... or the driver transistor is bad.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Solenoid_Issues
might be of use.

#188 1 year ago

Probably just a broken wire on the coil.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Probably just a broken wire on the coil.

I checked the wires at the coil before posting.

Quoted from Zitt:

Brett, I think you can select on the that coil by changing the repeat for that coil.

Zitt can you explain how to do this please?

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

I checked the wires at the coil before posting.

Did you check the coil for broken bobbin wire at the solder lugs?

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you check the coil for broken bobbin wire at the solder lugs?

Did you manually ground the return to the transistor to see if the coil fires?
Does the coil get primary voltage +28 volt/ +50 volts?

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

Zitt can you explain how to do this please?

See page 28 of the manual titled "select Coil". I can't copy paste from the PDF but here's a PNG:
DE ST Manual pp28 - coil test

#193 1 year ago

Hi Zitt
I was able to select on that coil like you recommended and when I push the start button nothing happens, the other coils fire like they should with that same test with a push of the start button.

Quoted from vec-tor:

Did you manually ground the return to the transistor to see if the coil fires?
Does the coil get primary voltage +28 volt/ +50 volts?

I’m a total noob, this is my first pinball and I’d love to get it working on my own. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to even respond. Would you mind walking me through this process? I have a multimeter and I’m trying to learn as I go

#194 1 year ago

1) is there +50 volt present at the coil ?vio-yel is direct voltage.( no relay involved )
2) if so.... can you ground the anode side of the diode/coil lug ( brn-vio ) wire.
3) does the coil fire?
4) if not, then coil is bad... check for broken coil wire around the lugs...
--- it is a very common problem...
5) if the coil does fire, then the problem if further up the circuitry.

#195 1 year ago

Announcing a soft launch of a new product I've been working on for the Data East Star Trek machine and is an embellishment for the Data East Star Trek machines to go on top of the "Red Alert" flashers:
Condition: Red (Alert)
This Data East kit comes with 4 "Red Alert" Decals for 7.49USD w/ free shipping if ordered alone:
Data East (example install)
Data East (incandescent flasher bulb)

These are in stock now and available for immediate shipping.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-alert-flasher-decals-p-46.html

1 week later
#196 1 year ago

Hi,guys need help for my machine.
It's missing the whole backbox assembly and the lamp too, and broken up/down plastic ramp,I need some pics and dimensions:

1.Pics of the whole backbox animation with the lamp attached.
2.The type of the paper that is at front of the lamp.
3.Type of the lamp and how long is it.And specification of the lamp.
4.Because my left up/down plastic mini ramp is broken I need some dimension of of the whole plastic including the flap.So I can cut a plexy and will put a flap.

You can send me a PM if you want

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Hi,guys need help for my machine.
It's missing the whole backbox assembly and the lamp too, and broken up/down plastic ramp,I need some pics and dimensions:

1.Pics of the whole backbox animation with the lamp attached.
2.The type of the paper that is at front of the lamp.
3.Type of the lamp and how long is it.And specification of the lamp.
4.Because my left up/down plastic mini ramp is broken I need some dimension of of the whole plastic including the flap.So I can cut a plexy and will put a flap.

You can send me a PM if you want

Here is the lamp you will need - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/165-5013-00

I'll try to get some pictures and dimensions for you this weekend. The paper that is used is heavy card stock. Its about as thick as a cereal box but white. I would imagine you can get a white poster from the craft store and it will be just fine.

#199 1 year ago

The motor is working and have pics of the lamp.
But need some video how exactly the glass moving.
I cannot see something to push the glass.May be have missing part or some adjustments.
Thank you for the info of the paper.

Because I cannot find the word in english for the paper that I think that I can use:
кадастрон

Drawing techincal paper.It's about 1mm thin.Is there need to be something special because the lamp is between 9W-13W and I don't want to fire it or these Wats are not so danger?

#200 1 year ago

Some pics of:
-how exactly Ball launch button housing housing is attached from inside of the cabinet?
-previous owner glued the subway and the place where must be the switch the ball drops from the playfield is masked.Don't know exactly the place where to put it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 299.00
There are 362 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside