1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 7 years ago

Looking to see if anyone has a game rom 1.9 for sale...or a copy of the files needed to burn the rom.

1 week later
#52 7 years ago

Hello DE ST fans. Great input and great pics. Appreciated. I have a silly question.....Does anyone know where this plastic goes. Be damned if I can remember where it was. It is the last thing I am doing on my restoration.... thanks in advance... Jumpin Jack from Australia. Pics of final restore will follow.

DE ST 5 (resized).jpgDE ST 5 (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago

Right below the rollover lanes to left of rt ramp.

#54 7 years ago

You can see the plastic on the very first picture in this thread.

20160729_140147_HDR (resized).jpg20160729_140147_HDR (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

Am I the only one that want to line the ramps with UV LEDs so the Pink accents really pop?

#56 7 years ago

has anyone swapped the fan out on this for a quieter one?

Cheers,
Neil.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I haven't - but I'm about 90% sure you'll eliminate most of the noise if you simply "space" the fan away from the back of the backbox.
On my machine the fan is bolted to the very small oblong hole in the back of the machine. This means there are mms of space between the fan blade and solid wood. 60% of surface area of the fan is "blocked" by the wood.

Computer Case modding 101 says you need to put some distance between the cutting area of the fan blade and the rear of the case. This will reduce your noise by a massive margin.

One of these days; I'm going to design a simple Spacer bracket and give it a shot.

2 weeks later
#58 7 years ago

thanks - will give it a go.

#59 7 years ago

Do they have "stock" downloads, or do you always have to create your own content?

#60 7 years ago

I meant for the Pinsound card... sorry for any confusion

3 months later
#61 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Cheers,
Neil.

Why is the fan necessary? I understand that it gets warm in the backbox, but why does this pin get warmer than others? I have a Batman Forever with essentially the same board set and no fan.

The 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix on the MPU put out a ton of heat. If those are removed (which can be done when replacing the TIP42s with MOSFETs) I wouldn't think the fan would be necessary. I picked up a DE Star Trek yesterday and I thought that a previous owner had added the fan since I had never seen one before in a backbox (I've only been in this hobby for a couple of years). It is very noisy. I unplugged it and the noise was replaced by the notorious Data East speaker hum!

2 weeks later
#62 7 years ago

I'm going to be looking for a DEST in the Southeast soon. Anyone selling?

1 week later
#63 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Cheers,
Neil.

I swapped out the TIP42s in the lamp matrix for MOSFETs, which allows for removal of the 27 ohm cement resistors that throw off a ton of heat. I then removed the fan. No more noise!

Here is a link to Pinwiki with instructions on removal of the TIP42s and the big resistors:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Using_MOSFETs_in_the_Lamp_Matrix_Circuitry

It is not a tough job, just a little time consuming.

The first picture is before work started (with the cement resistors and TIP42s). The second picture is after their removal and replacement with 1k ohm resistors and MOSFETs (some resistors on the front of the board and some on the back). Also of note in the second picture is that RA8 has been removed (middle-left in the picture). Notice the discoloration of the board from the heat.

IMG_1746 (resized).JPGIMG_1746 (resized).JPG

IMG_1751 (resized).JPGIMG_1751 (resized).JPG

IMG_1755 (resized).JPGIMG_1755 (resized).JPG

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I swapped out the TIP42s in the lamp matrix for MOSFETs, which allows for removal of the 27 ohm cement resistors that throw off a ton of heat.

Looks neat & tidy. Nice soldering work.

#65 7 years ago

I've seen people do this. Why is it necessary?

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I've seen people do this. Why is it necessary?

It is not necessary. The performance of the game will not change if you do this. As with some other modifications, it is an improvement on the old technology with now-available newer stuff. The cement resistors consume a fair amount of energy that is dissapated as heat inside the backbox. The heat damages the board over time (sometimes to the point of failure) and generally contributes to an unfriendly environment in the backbox for the rest of the old componentry. It is a low-cost way to fend off future issues.

#67 7 years ago

Thanks. I only like to deal with problems after they occur and multiply. The more expensive the better has always been my history.

#68 7 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the CPR playfield run? I signed up forever and a day ago. I never got a confirmation email and haven't heard anything since.

#69 7 years ago

Does anyone have apron cards with DE Star Trek artwork they would be willing to share?

1 week later
1 month later
#72 7 years ago

Anyone happen to have any used plastics ​for sale?Mainly,the lower lane guides and ladies over the slingshots

3 months later
#73 6 years ago

I'm after a replacement ramp flap (for the transporter ramp that lifts up) -- mine's totally missing. I plan to cut one if I need to, but I'd be happier if there was NOS or a replacement available from somewhere.

Barring that... would anyone mind measuring up theirs?

1 week later
#74 6 years ago

Anyway to adjust the kick out from the collect scanner scoop? Mine fires out really fast right down the drain.

#75 6 years ago

I forget what I did to adjust mine... I think I probably didn't do anything tbh.
Interested in what others think.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyway to adjust the kick out from the collect scanner scoop? Mine fires out really fast right down the drain.

I would love to know the answer to this question. Mine is really erratic. Most of the time it goes SDTM, other times it's really weak to the right flipper and if I'm lucky it comes out like I think it should, to the left flipper with some force.

1 month later
#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

To bump the club and let all know that I intend to reproduce the subway ramp for this game in the coming weeks.

I am very late to the party, any chance you have a subway ramp still? I have a rivet in mine and no matter how much I tried to grind down tge ball gets stuck there frequently.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from notaclevername:

I am very late to the party, any chance you have a subway ramp still? I have a rivet in mine and no matter how much I tried to grind down tge ball gets stuck there frequently.

Actually I do have one formed that needs to be finished.

1 month later
#79 6 years ago

I'm in. .just picked one up..

#80 6 years ago

Anyone have a link to get a DMD ribbon cable and the enterprise round insert ?

#82 6 years ago

I am interested in picking up a DE Star Trek. Anyone near Chicago have one for sale?

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I am interested in picking up a DE Star Trek. Anyone near Chicago have one for sale?

Or does someone in the Chicago area have one I can borrow for 6 months? Good things usually happen to Data East games in my basement.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Or does someone in the Chicago area have one I can borrow for 6 months? Good things usually happen to Data East games in my basement.

Talk about a game that could use some love!

#85 6 years ago

Cool mod I made .
Spok action Figure holding a 6 shooter with a spot light wired to extra ball..
Since extra ball shows a 6 shooter on the dmd it worked out perfect...

20171027_143744 (resized).jpg20171027_143744 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#86 6 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the Data East Star Trek rule set? I see the rules that are mentioned in the manual but they are not be very detailed.

#87 6 years ago

Favor to ask for all you DE Star Trek owners. What is the label on your Left Scoop?

Is it “Lite Scanners” or “Lite Crystals”?

55502DAB-78E4-4EE2-A6F6-1F06EA845CAE (resized).jpeg55502DAB-78E4-4EE2-A6F6-1F06EA845CAE (resized).jpeg

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Favor to ask for all you DE Star Trek owners. What is the label on your Left Scoop?
Is it “Lite Scanners” or “Lite Crystals”?

Crystals

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#89 6 years ago

Does anybody know the part number or a way to get the 5 lamp Board ??? Can't find it anywhere
Yhanks

#90 6 years ago

Thanks for checking. Can some others check their game and let me know?

#91 6 years ago

I owned ST25 a while ago upgraded to STTNG and always thought someone could replace the transporter sheet on the backbox to a LCD screen with a P-Roc or a raspberry PI and when the transporter engages have actual footage of the original show of the crew transporting (I know pinside someone will jump on the license issue and have a hissy fit but still for home use - not sale...) and have a star field or warp simulation or Enterprise orbiting a planet the rest of the time.

It could be like Data East Star Wars that someone upgraded with a LCD TV and footage (Death Star One I think is what it is called).

If someone built the P-Roc trigger someone could do the image / video files easily enough without the license issue on the part of the maker of the upgrade.

Kind of like the CFTBL - where someone made a LCD screen and customer graphics for when the creature was triggered.

This machine just calls out for it - it may not be the best of the Star Trek pinball games but it would be cool now that there is digitally remastered original Star Trek.

This game has the potential to use the back box into this game more than most because of the transporter space is already cut out.

It would be sooo cool.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Thanks for checking. Can some others check their game and let me know?

Mine says crystals too .

#93 6 years ago

Another one for Crystals

20171211_205128 (resized).jpg20171211_205128 (resized).jpg

#94 6 years ago

I have this plastic above the right pop

20171211_205040 (resized).jpg20171211_205040 (resized).jpg

#95 6 years ago

Mine also has Crystals

closeupcentertag (resized).JPGcloseupcentertag (resized).JPG

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I owned ST25 a while ago upgraded to STTNG and always thought someone could replace the transporter sheet on the backbox to a LCD screen with a P-Roc or a raspberry PI and when the transporter engages have actual footage of the original show of the crew transporting (I know pinside someone will jump on the license issue and have a hissy fit but still for home use - not sale...) and have a star field or warp simulation or Enterprise orbiting a planet the rest of the time.
It could be like Data East Star Wars that someone upgraded with a LCD TV and footage (Death Star One I think is what it is called).
If someone built the P-Roc trigger someone could do the image / video files easily enough without the license issue on the part of the maker of the upgrade.
Kind of like the CFTBL - where someone made a LCD screen and customer graphics for when the creature was triggered.
This machine just calls out for it - it may not be the best of the Star Trek pinball games but it would be cool now that there is digitally remastered original Star Trek.
This game has the potential to use the back box into this game more than most because of the transporter space is already cut out.
It would be sooo cool.

I would buy one again if this happened or if someone recreated the sounds. I think Pinsound works with this title. Would be so awesome to have callouts from Kirk and Spock. Great game that could really use a refresh.

#97 6 years ago

I just got this delivered and set up today! So excited! I first played this game back in '92 and fell in love with it.. I still can't believe I finally own one

IMG_1689 (resized).JPGIMG_1689 (resized).JPG

#98 6 years ago

Working on one right now, needs a lot of cleaning and insert leveling.

IMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPG

#99 6 years ago

I bought this game last week after 20+ years of dreaming of owning one. I finally have it working 100% and absolutely love this machine. If anyone here read my thread about the fire button not working, it was a loose connection in the back box.. can't believe something as simple as that was the cause of a few sleepless nights lol. (Not really, but I was pretty concerned I might of got ripped off if it was something serious since I'm a clueless first time pinball owner)

Anyway, does anyone know if there is an adjustment for ball save? I swear the machine I played years ago had a few second save that would shoot the ball back out if it went down the drain too quickly. Maybe I'm thinking of another game, just not sure because it was forever ago.

#100 6 years ago

Just bought Tekmans restored , pictured earlier in this thread. Sold my first one years ago, this one is incredible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

There are 809 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club/page/2?hl=milltown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.