Topic Stats

• 574 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1f3274d6f0dd15a1b2ad6414c749aca14e23ebe0 (resized).jpg
20200630_094622 (resized).jpg
20200627_162448 (resized).jpg
well done.gif
20200521_160518 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
IMG_5960[1] (resized).JPG
de-star-trek (resized).jpg
788616F6-6B9A-4347-8229-7BFB7110BBEB (resized).jpeg
delables (resized).jpg
Star-Trek-Display-ROM-info (resized).png
Star-Trek-CPU-ROM-info (resized).png
15155 (resized).jpeg
18933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 574 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 72 days ago

I have a question on the warp ramps Chad. When you get to the warp ramps mode it scores one million for every ramp shot. When the mode is over it scores the ramps again. So it scores each ramp you make twice? Once instantly when you make the ramp and again at the end with all the ramps made together?

#552 72 days ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

I have a question on the warp ramps Chad. When you get to the warp ramps mode it scores one million for every ramp shot. When the mode is over it scores the ramps again. So it scores each ramp you make twice? Once instantly when you make the ramp and again at the end with all the ramps made together?

During End Of Ball Bonus, you will "cash in" your Warp Factor level. Every 0.1 Warp Factor is worth an additional 100,000 End Of Ball bonus. During End Of Ball, if you have increased Warp Factor at all, it will display the Warp Factor level and then it will display the amount of points it was worth. So, don't tilt and lose it if you got way up there. You can always check your current Warp Factor level via Instant Info.

And yes... as you are increasing Warp Factor in the game, you are also collecting 1 Million for Ramp Millions. Those Ramp Millions points are immediate.

Please note, you don't have to wait for Warp Ramps mode to be able to increase Warp Factor. You can increase Warp Factor at anytime in the game as you collect Ramp Millions (shoot both ramps quickly to start Ramp Millions). However, Warp Factor will only increase by 0.3 during each Ramp shot during Ramp Millions. But Warp Factor will increase by 1.0 during each Ramp shot when Warp Ramps is active.

I tried to make it so achieving Warp Factor 9.9 would be generally achieved during Warp Ramps mode since the Warp Factor increases much more when this is active. If you fail to achieve Warp Factor 9.9... but instead you get way up there... like 8.0... you can try to get to 9.9 by activating Ramp Millions and try to finish it off with the 0.3 Warp Factor advancements.

The jackpot for getting to Warp Factor 9.9 does not have to happen during Warp Ramps.

The keen eye will notice that during Warp Ramps mode, the Ramp flashers all flash every 1 second. The mode is 30 seconds. At the half way point (15 seconds remaining), you will hear the "Those Ramps Are Worth Millions" voice call again. This is to help the player keep track of how much time is left.

Also, the Warp Ramps mode will NOT end if you are in the middle of a Ramp shot loop, even if the 30 second timer is expired. So don't give up!!!

#553 71 days ago

Maxing out the warps was the most fun I've ever had on this game.

3 weeks later
#554 51 days ago

Just got a DE Star Trek shooting the transporter shot but it does not seem to register. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but figured I would ask first to see if anyone else has had this problem before thanks.

#555 51 days ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just got a DE Star Trek shooting the transporter shot but it does not seem to register. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but figured I would ask first to see if anyone else has had this problem before thanks.

Are you saying when the ramp is up and you drain it, it doesn't register? If that's the case I'd check the switches under the ramp in the subway, could be a bad switch or broken wire. This just happened to me on Sunday.

#556 51 days ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Are you saying when the ramp is up and you drain it, it doesn't register? If that's the case I'd check the switches under the ramp in the subway, could be a bad switch or broken wire. This just happened to me on Sunday.

Once you shoot it under the ramp to start multi ball it doesn't register. We tested the switches they are clicking and working but not in test mode so I'm currently looking for any wires off but no luck so far.

#557 51 days ago

Also found these two wires like this In the cabinet they don't match the color wires that go to the switches in the subway but I'm still wondering why they might be like this.

20200521_160518 (resized).jpg
#558 51 days ago

Also found these two wires like this In the cabinet they don't match the color wires that go to the switches in the subway but I'm still wondering why they might be like this.
[quoted image]

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe those wires are for the knocker. I was trying to find my pictures when I tore mine down.

#559 51 days ago

Once you shoot it under the ramp to start multi ball it doesn't register. We tested the switches they are clicking and working but not in test mode so I'm currently looking for any wires off but no luck so far.

Issue has been fixed dumb fix surprisingly the four switches were loose and needed readjusted all good now.

#560 50 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe those wires are for the knocker. I was trying to find my pictures when I tore mine down.

They are.

2 weeks later
#561 36 days ago

It has taken me this long to finally hit the damn pop bumpers in super pop mode. Heard the torpedo sounds you made my night. Well done Chad!

well done.gif
#562 36 days ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

It has taken me this long to finally hit the damn pop bumpers in super pop mode. Heard the torpedo sounds you made my night. Well done Chad![quoted image]

Awesome! It’s always nice to hear feedback about the new life these games have.

I just got done playing TFTC. I hadn’t played in years. I put that code update out almost 5 years ago. Time flies! Surprised myself with how fun the code update is on there.

Next up is LW3. Just you wait to see how much better that game will be!!!

#563 35 days ago

Picking one of these up this weekend! Looking forward to it!

3 weeks later
#564 15 days ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Picking one of these up this weekend! Looking forward to it!

Well don't leave us hanging for a whole month! Got any pics?

#565 14 days ago

My Data East collection grows again!

20200627_162448 (resized).jpg
#566 11 days ago

Thank you ChadH, it is very nice to hear Deforest Kelly's voice in the call outs now.

20200630_094622 (resized).jpg
#567 10 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That's tied to "Special When Lit". In the original code, Special would pretty much never come up. But with the new code there is a greater chance of Special, so I guess you could say it will light more often now but still rare.
[quoted image]

I was going to ask the same question this morning, I have not seen the special red light in the transporter sign come on once even when testing the machine with glass off. It works fine in the test menu and attract mode but never comes on during gameplay even running the ChadH 3.0 code.

I'll have to fool with some of the settings and see if I can get it to trigger just to satisfy my curiosity. If set on freeplay and extra ball will it still light? Or is it strictly coin operation/credit related?

#568 10 days ago

Anyone have a spare plastic? Yes there is one on Ebay but for $45 shipped I'll buy a complete set first.

1f3274d6f0dd15a1b2ad6414c749aca14e23ebe0 (resized).jpg
#569 10 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was going to ask the same question this morning, I have not seen the special red light in the transporter sign come on once even when testing the machine with glass off. It works fine in the test menu and attract mode but never comes on during gameplay even running the ChadH 3.0 code.
I'll have to fool with some of the settings and see if I can get it to trigger just to satisfy my curiosity. If set on freeplay and extra ball will it still light? Or is it strictly coin operation/credit related?

Used to never be offered on Ball 1. But now it is possible. Still very rare. It's a Scanner award. Doesn't matter if game is credit or free play or extra ball.

#570 10 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Used to never be offered on Ball 1. But now it is possible. Still very rare. It's a Scanner award. Doesn't matter if game is credit or free play or extra ball.

Thank you for letting me know the parameters.

#571 10 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It's there, I've had it a few times now, but it is rare.

#572 9 days ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

It's there, I've had it a few times now, but it is rare.

Very rare!

I must have heaved that ball into the scanner chute 100+ times yesterday and it never came up. Got the "extra ball" to light twice for the right ramp but nothing for the left ramp special.

#573 9 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Very rare!
I must have heaved that ball into the scanner chute 100+ times yesterday and it never came up. Got the "extra ball" to light twice for the right ramp but nothing for the left ramp special.

Why try to force it? Just let it be... it will happen.

#574 9 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Why try to force it? Just let it be... it will happen.

I like to verify things work as intended, just my nature.

Also makes me a better repair person to know how things operate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 23.00
There are 574 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside