1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
There are 815 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 3 years ago

I have a question on the warp ramps Chad. When you get to the warp ramps mode it scores one million for every ramp shot. When the mode is over it scores the ramps again. So it scores each ramp you make twice? Once instantly when you make the ramp and again at the end with all the ramps made together?

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

I have a question on the warp ramps Chad. When you get to the warp ramps mode it scores one million for every ramp shot. When the mode is over it scores the ramps again. So it scores each ramp you make twice? Once instantly when you make the ramp and again at the end with all the ramps made together?

During End Of Ball Bonus, you will "cash in" your Warp Factor level. Every 0.1 Warp Factor is worth an additional 100,000 End Of Ball bonus. During End Of Ball, if you have increased Warp Factor at all, it will display the Warp Factor level and then it will display the amount of points it was worth. So, don't tilt and lose it if you got way up there. You can always check your current Warp Factor level via Instant Info.

And yes... as you are increasing Warp Factor in the game, you are also collecting 1 Million for Ramp Millions. Those Ramp Millions points are immediate.

Please note, you don't have to wait for Warp Ramps mode to be able to increase Warp Factor. You can increase Warp Factor at anytime in the game as you collect Ramp Millions (shoot both ramps quickly to start Ramp Millions). However, Warp Factor will only increase by 0.3 during each Ramp shot during Ramp Millions. But Warp Factor will increase by 1.0 during each Ramp shot when Warp Ramps is active.

I tried to make it so achieving Warp Factor 9.9 would be generally achieved during Warp Ramps mode since the Warp Factor increases much more when this is active. If you fail to achieve Warp Factor 9.9... but instead you get way up there... like 8.0... you can try to get to 9.9 by activating Ramp Millions and try to finish it off with the 0.3 Warp Factor advancements.

The jackpot for getting to Warp Factor 9.9 does not have to happen during Warp Ramps.

The keen eye will notice that during Warp Ramps mode, the Ramp flashers all flash every 1 second. The mode is 30 seconds. At the half way point (15 seconds remaining), you will hear the "Those Ramps Are Worth Millions" voice call again. This is to help the player keep track of how much time is left.

Also, the Warp Ramps mode will NOT end if you are in the middle of a Ramp shot loop, even if the 30 second timer is expired. So don't give up!!!

#553 3 years ago

Maxing out the warps was the most fun I've ever had on this game.

3 weeks later
#554 3 years ago

Just got a DE Star Trek shooting the transporter shot but it does not seem to register. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but figured I would ask first to see if anyone else has had this problem before thanks.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just got a DE Star Trek shooting the transporter shot but it does not seem to register. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but figured I would ask first to see if anyone else has had this problem before thanks.

Are you saying when the ramp is up and you drain it, it doesn't register? If that's the case I'd check the switches under the ramp in the subway, could be a bad switch or broken wire. This just happened to me on Sunday.

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Are you saying when the ramp is up and you drain it, it doesn't register? If that's the case I'd check the switches under the ramp in the subway, could be a bad switch or broken wire. This just happened to me on Sunday.

Once you shoot it under the ramp to start multi ball it doesn't register. We tested the switches they are clicking and working but not in test mode so I'm currently looking for any wires off but no luck so far.

#557 3 years ago

Also found these two wires like this In the cabinet they don't match the color wires that go to the switches in the subway but I'm still wondering why they might be like this.

20200521_160518 (resized).jpg20200521_160518 (resized).jpg
#558 3 years ago

Also found these two wires like this In the cabinet they don't match the color wires that go to the switches in the subway but I'm still wondering why they might be like this.
[quoted image]

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe those wires are for the knocker. I was trying to find my pictures when I tore mine down.

#559 3 years ago

Once you shoot it under the ramp to start multi ball it doesn't register. We tested the switches they are clicking and working but not in test mode so I'm currently looking for any wires off but no luck so far.

Issue has been fixed dumb fix surprisingly the four switches were loose and needed readjusted all good now.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe those wires are for the knocker. I was trying to find my pictures when I tore mine down.

They are.

2 weeks later
#561 3 years ago

It has taken me this long to finally hit the damn pop bumpers in super pop mode. Heard the torpedo sounds you made my night. Well done Chad!

well done.gifwell done.gif
#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

It has taken me this long to finally hit the damn pop bumpers in super pop mode. Heard the torpedo sounds you made my night. Well done Chad![quoted image]

Awesome! It’s always nice to hear feedback about the new life these games have.

I just got done playing TFTC. I hadn’t played in years. I put that code update out almost 5 years ago. Time flies! Surprised myself with how fun the code update is on there.

Next up is LW3. Just you wait to see how much better that game will be!!!

#563 3 years ago

Picking one of these up this weekend! Looking forward to it!

3 weeks later
#564 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Picking one of these up this weekend! Looking forward to it!

Well don't leave us hanging for a whole month! Got any pics?

#565 3 years ago

My Data East collection grows again!

20200627_162448 (resized).jpg20200627_162448 (resized).jpg
#566 3 years ago

Thank you ChadH, it is very nice to hear Deforest Kelly's voice in the call outs now.

20200630_094622 (resized).jpg20200630_094622 (resized).jpg
#567 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That's tied to "Special When Lit". In the original code, Special would pretty much never come up. But with the new code there is a greater chance of Special, so I guess you could say it will light more often now but still rare.
[quoted image]

I was going to ask the same question this morning, I have not seen the special red light in the transporter sign come on once even when testing the machine with glass off. It works fine in the test menu and attract mode but never comes on during gameplay even running the ChadH 3.0 code.

I'll have to fool with some of the settings and see if I can get it to trigger just to satisfy my curiosity. If set on freeplay and extra ball will it still light? Or is it strictly coin operation/credit related?

#568 3 years ago

Anyone have a spare plastic? Yes there is one on Ebay but for $45 shipped I'll buy a complete set first.

1f3274d6f0dd15a1b2ad6414c749aca14e23ebe0 (resized).jpg1f3274d6f0dd15a1b2ad6414c749aca14e23ebe0 (resized).jpg
#569 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was going to ask the same question this morning, I have not seen the special red light in the transporter sign come on once even when testing the machine with glass off. It works fine in the test menu and attract mode but never comes on during gameplay even running the ChadH 3.0 code.
I'll have to fool with some of the settings and see if I can get it to trigger just to satisfy my curiosity. If set on freeplay and extra ball will it still light? Or is it strictly coin operation/credit related?

Used to never be offered on Ball 1. But now it is possible. Still very rare. It's a Scanner award. Doesn't matter if game is credit or free play or extra ball.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Used to never be offered on Ball 1. But now it is possible. Still very rare. It's a Scanner award. Doesn't matter if game is credit or free play or extra ball.

Thank you for letting me know the parameters.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It's there, I've had it a few times now, but it is rare.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

It's there, I've had it a few times now, but it is rare.

Very rare!

I must have heaved that ball into the scanner chute 100+ times yesterday and it never came up. Got the "extra ball" to light twice for the right ramp but nothing for the left ramp special.

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Very rare!
I must have heaved that ball into the scanner chute 100+ times yesterday and it never came up. Got the "extra ball" to light twice for the right ramp but nothing for the left ramp special.

Why try to force it? Just let it be... it will happen.

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I like to verify things work as intended, just my nature.

Also makes me a better repair person to know how things operate.

2 weeks later
#575 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Adjustment #4 Credit / Extra Ball / Special

Yup the light comes on. Set #4 to Special and hit the score points and blink-blink-blink.

The manual states it will come on via scanner based on number of games too, audits indicate that never happened once.

20200720_200442(0) (resized).jpg20200720_200442(0) (resized).jpg
1 week later
#576 3 years ago

I just bought my first game... And I was lucky enough to get one of my grails right off the bat. I love this game.
Brought it home and haven't played a full game without problems yet. So much for 100% working, huh?
The latest is, during multi-ball, one ball gets stuck on a gap between the metal behind the Main Crystal target and the next ball goes past to fall into the bottom of the machine. In the second picture you can see the ugly gap above the deflection metal. Is that supposed to be like that?
Keep in mind, this is my first machine... be kind.
I just shut it down to look at tomorrow, but suggestions will be appreciated.

IMG_9761 (resized).jpgIMG_9761 (resized).jpgIMG_9742 (resized).jpgIMG_9742 (resized).jpgIMG_9714 (resized).jpgIMG_9714 (resized).jpg
#577 3 years ago

@mbott1701, Thank you for those cards.They are beautiful.

#578 3 years ago

Dmod just announce 128x16 support with a lofty goal of having Star Trek DE colored by the end of 2020.
I'm seriously tempted to buy now and may just do it.

http://shop.colordmd.com/h-led-128x16-replacement-display-sigma/

#579 3 years ago
7FE9953B-EF6D-48C6-8F0B-8FAA79DCADFD (resized).jpeg7FE9953B-EF6D-48C6-8F0B-8FAA79DCADFD (resized).jpeg
#580 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Dmod just announce 128x16 support with a lofty goal of having Star Trek DE colored by the end of 2020.
I'm seriously tempted to buy now and may just do it.
http://shop.colordmd.com/h-led-128x16-replacement-display-sigma/

Nice. Let's hope the person coloring DE Star Trek has v.3.00.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Nice. Let's hope the person coloring DE Star Trek has v.3.00.

Agreed. What new frames did you add/change in v3.0?
If you can specifically list them... maybe someone on Dmod 's team can ensure those frames are colored.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Agreed. What new frames did you add/change in v3.0?
If you can specifically list them... maybe someone on dmod 's team can ensure those frames are colored.

The Warp Factor screen... the Shields Down screen... the SHOOT RAMPS screen... the "<<< LEFT SCOOP LITES SCANNER" screen... the "SCANNER'S ACTIVE" screen... and the "KLINGONS/ROMULANS/THOLIANS SIGHTED!" screens are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh... also, when shooting a ship in Video Mode... it now has the score inside the explosion... that wasn't in original game.

#583 3 years ago

I apologize if this is common knowledge, but I'm new to paying attention to playfield art.
Are these 'crew members' part of the team who built the game or work at Data East? and if so
Who are they and are they still around?

s-l1600-1 (resized).jpgs-l1600-1 (resized).jpg
#584 3 years ago
Quoted from pixmanohio:

I apologize if this is common knowledge, but I'm new to paying attention to playfield art.
Are these 'crew members' part of the team who built the game or work at Data East? and if so
Who are they and are they still around?[quoted image]

One at the bottom is Gene Roddenberry, I think the rest are related to writing and producing the show.

#585 3 years ago

I also emailed Dmod and asked if they would be willing to work with the new code. I at least need to know what will happen if I install the ColorDMD and they don't have time to update the new screens. If it doesn't work at all, I can't sacrifice going back to the old code. If it just changes to the default color, I would have to see how it looks before I pulled the trigger.

If some of the dots have been edited but the code still calls the original filename, I would imagine that might cause problems. For example, the ColorDMD will be looking for the explosions on the original code, but the new explosions with the score added will try to display. Do the unrecognized dots just turn default? Does it soft lock the game? Curious to know what happens in this situation.

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I also emailed dmod and asked if they would be willing to work with the new code. I at least need to know what will happen if I install the ColorDMD and they don't have time to update the new screens. If it doesn't work at all, I can't sacrifice going back to the old code. If it just changes to the default color, I would have to see how it looks before I pulled the trigger.
If some of the dots have been edited but the code still calls the original filename, I would imagine that might cause problems. For example, the ColorDMD will be looking for the explosions on the original code, but the new explosions with the score added will try to display. Do the unrecognized dots just turn default? Does it soft lock the game? Curious to know what happens in this situation.

If for some reason they decided not to colorize the screens that are different in v.3.00 then only those particular screens would show as a default color. I am sure they will gladly colorize all the unique stuff in v.3.00. The amount of screens needed to be colored is minimal compared to the overall task of colorizing everything. They have done so for all previous ColorDMD releases that had a code update.

Order one up and offer to beta test the colorizing to make sure it all is covered.

#587 3 years ago

Got this email from Randy at ColorDMD. Looks like fantastic news!! This is a company that really knows their audience and listens to their customers.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the heads up. We’re aware of the update and are looking into what we can do to support it.

The ColorDMD will default to a single default color for unrecognized frames.

Randy Perlow
ColorDMD Displays

2 weeks later
#588 3 years ago

Well... It looks like I screwed something up.
I very carefully followed the instruction to attempt to get rid of the Date East buzz on my #StarTrek25thAnniversary by installing the isolated power supply.

Before trying it the first time, basically I have the power to the sound board disconnected, I have a new problem on startup.
3 coils power on at power on.
1. The laser kicker
2. The VUK coil
3. The free game knocker.
They slowly engage and the machine buzzes from under the playfield area.
The DMD does not light up
I can not cycle into test modes at all. I tried it to run lamp tests.
Thinking that, maybe, the problem comes from not having power to the sound board, I tried that too and it does the same thing.
I'm a beginner with my first machine and don't understand the schematics in the book. I am not sure what each of the boards in the head are called yet. I had to look up PIA to find out what that was and am not sure where they are.
Please advise. Please be patient.
Thank you.

2 weeks later
#589 3 years ago

Just joined the club today!

748341D5-3049-4C66-8F37-45834E340534 (resized).jpeg748341D5-3049-4C66-8F37-45834E340534 (resized).jpeg
#590 3 years ago

Anyone have a source for the clear pop bumper caps? The only one I can find is red and discontinued. 2 are cracked (like all the other plastics on this machine) and one is missing. Didn’t think the caps would be the hardest to source.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from bbguy5:

the clear pop bumper caps?

That's disappointing. I assume it isn't this:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/bumper-caps/9157/pop-bumper-cap-wide-clear-545-5199
but the more standard cap (I haven't looked closely at mine).

#592 3 years ago

Yea, the ST25 are the same top, but doesn’t have the sides on it. Picked up a different one from pinball life today, so I’ll see if it fits. Wanted the concentric circles and not the diamond pattern though.

Going to keep searching though just in case.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from bbguy5:

Anyone have a source for the clear pop bumper caps? The only one I can find is red and discontinued. 2 are cracked (like all the other plastics on this machine) and one is missing. Didn’t think the caps would be the hardest to source.

ST25 only has 2 caps. The center-lower pop does not have a cap. Open top w/ bulb.
(yeah, mine have slight cracks too, and never have found new ones)

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from bbguy5:

Yea, the ST25 are the same top, but doesn’t have the sides on it. Picked up a different one from pinball life today, so I’ll see if it fits. Wanted the concentric circles and not the diamond pattern though.
Going to keep searching though just in case.

So it's this style:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5027-33
but as clear; right?

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

ST25 only has 2 caps. The center-lower pop does not have a cap.

Thanks!

This but clear. There’s little holes on the rim. Kinda like tmnt green ones as well.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5056-02

#596 3 years ago

CORRECTION ... I believe I'm wrong. The manual lists 3 caps, and I just notice on my tear-down pics, my old center plastic had wear marks from the cap rubbing against it.
My bad.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

CORRECTION ... I believe I'm wrong. The manual lists 3 caps, and I just notice on my tear-down pics, my old center plastic had wear marks from the cap rubbing against it.
My bad.

All good. The manual does show 3 “unobtainium” plastic caps.

#598 3 years ago

"unobtainium" seems like the current trend.
I contacted my "team" of suppliers... Pinball.Center only carries the longer sided ones.

I contacted "Steve Young"s Pinball Resource - and they informed me the original part number was:
545-5225-01
and that Stern later substituted 545-5119-01 which had the longer side.

Has anyone tried the longer sides on a game?

#599 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. i just bought a st25th and i am starting to fix it. there are some flashes connected to the motherboard that are not working. in particular those connected on the CN12 connector. could the tip 122 be faulty or is it more likely the dm7408n? thank you all

#600 3 years ago

Guess my December pto is planned out....

F6D9E3F5-CDEF-48ED-B1B3-F861000698EA (resized).jpegF6D9E3F5-CDEF-48ED-B1B3-F861000698EA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 815 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.