1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
There are 815 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

MY UPDATE FOR DATA EAST STAR TREK IS RELEASED!
This was quite a long process as this game needed a lot of adjustments. I hope you all like the results.
Chad

Thanks Chad. I sent in a donation. It was only $10, but we are sitting on as much liquidity as possible right now with my wife's work being close for the foreseeable future and losing that source of income.

Anyway, enough about my crap, thanks so much for spending the time to put this together. The right scoop ball save is going to be awesome!

#502 4 years ago

YES! Chad, thank you so much for all the hard work. I know this has been a long project. There are a lot of pin owners who are now in your debt!

I already have mine on order with Matt. I'll be doing a live stream as soon as I can get it installed in my game.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Yea!!
Do I need this one?
CPU / DISP v3.0 Set [C5,U8] (Chad)

Yep, the sound roms are not needed, only made available if you had missing / damaged chips. You just need the cpu and display.

#504 4 years ago

Any Canadians who need this new rom set can contact me.

#505 4 years ago

Chipset delivery slated for tomorrow! I'm going to do a live stream on Twitch to properly showcase the update. I will probably go live around 2 or 2:30 CST but will post a link here before I do.

I'm about to go clean the game and make sure it's dialed in.

Can't wait!

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Chipset delivery slated for tomorrow! I'm going to do a live stream on Twitch to properly showcase the update. I will probably go live around 2 or 2:30 CST but will post a link here before I do.
I'm about to go clean the game and make sure it's dialed in.
Can't wait!

Cool!

Make sure your Left Scoop switch is working properly and consistently. It’s much more important now with this new update.

#507 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where these go?

They are labeled C5 and U8, but I don’t see anything matching that on the boards.

A quick shoutout to Matt’s Basement Arcade for crazy fast shipping. Thanks so much!!

#508 4 years ago

C5 goes on the CPU. It replaces the current game rom. U8 is on the back of the display, it also replaces current display rom

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

C5 goes on the CPU. It replaces the current game rom. U8 is on the back of the display, it also replaces current display rom

Make sure you insert them in the correct orientation!

#510 4 years ago

Since there will be many of you swapping out ROMs... here are some pictures of where the ROMs are in Data East Star Trek.

ALWAYS insert ROMs based on the notch on the side. That is ALWAYS your indicator for orientation. Ignore any text on the ROM and instead use the notch for guidance!

Make sure you have plenty of light and can see that all the legs are aligned before inserting fully into the socket.

Star-Trek-CPU-ROM-info (resized).pngStar-Trek-CPU-ROM-info (resized).png

Star-Trek-Display-ROM-info (resized).pngStar-Trek-Display-ROM-info (resized).png

#511 4 years ago

Incase anyone wants to put a nice label on your new eproms:
http://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=887
delables (resized).jpgdelables (resized).jpg

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Make sure your Left Scoop switch is working properly and consistently. It’s much more important now with this new update.

Thanks for the tip. It does skip the switch occasionally (5%) when a ball rockets through the subway so I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

#513 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where these go?
They are labeled C5 and U8, but I don’t see anything matching that on the boards.
A quick shoutout to Matt’s Basement Arcade for crazy fast shipping. Thanks so much!!

Thanks for the shoutout!

Sorry, pinside order notes kinda jumble the text together so you might not have have seen the link. Looks like Chad beat me to it

#514 4 years ago

Can anyone help me out here please.

What decal was stapled from factory on the left side of the coin box to the bottom of the cabinet?

There's clear remnants of staples.

Anyone have a picture?
788616F6-6B9A-4347-8229-7BFB7110BBEB (resized).jpeg788616F6-6B9A-4347-8229-7BFB7110BBEB (resized).jpeg

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Groucho:

Can anyone help me out here please.
What decal was stapled from factory on the left side of the coin box to the bottom of the cabinet?
There's clear remnants of staples.
Anyone have a picture?
[quoted image]

Here is what mine looks like.

de-star-trek (resized).jpgde-star-trek (resized).jpg
#516 4 years ago

Stream delayed til tomorrow afternoon due to USPS.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Stream delayed til tomorrow afternoon due to USPS.

Bummer!

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Here is what mine looks like.[quoted image]

Thank you Oliviarium.

#519 4 years ago

WTB-I am looking for a display for my Star Trek, anyone have one for sale? PM details.. Thanks!

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

WTB-I am looking for a display for my Star Trek, anyone have one for sale? PM details.. Thanks!

Are you looking for a deal or just a new display? Boston Pinball sells LED displays on eBay. They're also really cool so if you're stuck between colors just message them. They offered to send me 2 color plates at no extra charge because I couldn't make up my mind.

#521 4 years ago

I'm personally waiting for Dmod (ColorDMD) to add support for 128x16 displays... but I get it; if you need a display because it's missing, you don't have a lot of options righ tnow.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Are you looking for a deal or just a new display? Boston Pinball sells LED displays on eBay. They're also really cool so if you're stuck between colors just message them. They offered to send me 2 color plates at no extra charge because I couldn't make up my mind.

Just looking for an orginal display. It’s not a keeper for me so don’t want to spend $300 on an led one but if I can’t find one I might have too.

#523 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help. It was worth every damn penny just for the kickout ball saver. It plays like a new game now. I wasn't really playing it much since it throws the ball STDM 60% of the time and I didn't have time to rebuild the VUK (if that would even solve the issue).

I didn't get a ton of time on it with the new code, but the ball save is awesome!

#524 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help. It was worth every damn penny just for the kickout ball saver. It plays like a new game now. I wasn't really playing it much since it throws the ball STDM 60% of the time and I didn't have time to rebuild the VUK (if that would even solve the issue).
I didn't get a ton of time on it with the new code, but the ball save is awesome!

Glad you like it!

Looking forward to more game reviews. I suspect a bunch of people will be getting their ROMs over the next couple days.

#525 4 years ago

ROMs installed! Stream will be today at 3:00 CST.

Twich.tv/alabama_pinball

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Twich.tv/alabama_pinball

Nice job!

#527 4 years ago

Did you get the chase lights installed?

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Twich.tv/alabama_pinball

Glad I was able to join for a little bit. Sorry I had to cut out early. Hope all went well after I left. I'll watch the full replay.

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Glad I was able to join for a little bit. Sorry I had to cut out early. Hope all went well after I left. I'll watch the full replay.

It looked (and sounded) great. Job well done! I've just ordered a rom set from Matt.

#530 4 years ago

Outstanding Chad, as usual!

So many upgrades to the software, I only wish I still had my machine!

Question, has the Transporter light on top of the opening to the left ramp been integrated more into the game play? I seem to remember that light never seemed to go on when I had my machine (or maybe mine was just broken?).

#531 4 years ago

That's tied to "Special When Lit". In the original code, Special would pretty much never come up. But with the new code there is a greater chance of Special, so I guess you could say it will light more often now but still rare.

IMG_5960[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5960[1] (resized).JPG

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That's tied to "Special When Lit". In the original code, Special would pretty much never come up. But with the new code there is a greater chance of Special, so I guess you could say it will light more often now but still rare.
[quoted image]

I always thought it should be lit when the ramp goes up to help indicate the shot.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I always thought it should be lit when the ramp goes up to help indicate the shot.

I considered it but figured the flashers underneath the ramp and the two dome flashers in top of the ramp alternately flashing while the ramp is open were a good indicator.

#534 4 years ago

Makes sense. Amazing work, again.

#535 4 years ago

Thank you for all the compliments on the stream! I'll be uploading the video to YouTube overnight tonight for perpetuity.

#536 4 years ago

Stream recording:

#537 4 years ago

Stupid question but how do you test your left scoop switch if it is good or not. I think mine is not working at all.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Stupid question but how do you test your left scoop switch if it is good or not. I think mine is not working at all.

Easy. Open the coin door. On the left there will be two buttons, green and black. The green acts like a click pen where it clicks down and then clicks up. The black is just a regular push button. With the glass off, and the game on.
Click the green button down.
Then press the black button, that will bring you to diagnostics.
Once there, click the green button back to the up position.
From there keep pressing the black button until you get to switch test.
Once there, put a ball in the left scoop and see if it registers.

#539 4 years ago

Anyone know if a Guns and Roses display will work as a replacement for Star Trek 25?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know if a Guns and Roses display will work as a replacement for Star Trek 25?

No. Guns and Roses uses a 128x32 display, Star Trek uses a 128x16 display.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Did you get the chase lights installed?

Unfortunately, no. I still have them, just don’t know how to hook them up. They are literally in the coin box.

I really need to send you money for them though!! Just PM me where the check needs to go and how much. It’s my fault for not getting them installed.

#542 4 years ago

Safe to assume that everyone is quietly enjoying the code update? I assume no news is good news?

Would love to hear thoughts and feedback about v.3.00.

Chad

#543 4 years ago

New switches for the subway showed up today. Going to install them tomorrow and play this game with your awesome code. The ball save when the vuk fires is nothing short of genius! The warp ramps add up is so good that I wish I was a better player so I could max the warp out. I actually got a special when lit while playing and hit the transporter shot. Satisfying! Thank you again!

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Safe to assume that everyone is quietly enjoying the code update? I assume no news is good news?
Chad

Still waiting on my ROMS to show up, lt'll be another 2 weeks before I'm home again. With my luck they'll be here tomorrow when I leave.

#545 4 years ago

Unfortunately, no. I still have them, just don’t know how to hook them up. They are literally in the coin box.
I really need to send you money for them though!! Just PM me where the check needs to go and how much. It’s my fault for not getting them installed.

I made a video how to do it. It doesn't take too much time. Just be gentle with the wires when fishing them. Good luck. Once they are in and working we can settle up. Please ignore the horrid editing. This was my first (and hopefully last) time editing video.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Chad

Absolutely loving the new code. The sound effects without that constant banging on the slings make the game so much more pleasant to hear to. I'm amazed at how much you were able to unlock with the video and sounds (the crystal/shields up/red alert/warp and video mode). The game also seems so much more polished with having to relight the scanner (keeping it lit the whole game was a little lazy). The making the multiball jackpot progressively harder also makes the multi-ball a little less wash rinse and repeat. The only thing that is taking some getting used to is the slower pace of getting the ball into play. Star Trek always played a little hurried (like most Data Easts of the time) the red alert and (very cool) shield animation just add a few ticks. I'm sure it will feel second nature after more game play. All that being said, job very well done. I'm sure Scotty would have approved.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#548 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

The only thing that is taking some getting used to is the slower pace of getting the ball into play. Star Trek always played a little hurried (like most Data Easts of the time) the red alert and (very cool) shield animation just add a few ticks. I'm sure it will feel second nature after more game play.

You can abort the Skill Shot intro screens by holding down either flipper button. (Same with the Video Mode intro screens.)

Happy to see you are loving it!

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Chad

Haven't done any really deep dives yet, but really like the improvements I've seen in a handful of games so far.

1 week later
#550 3 years ago

Finally made it home to the new ROM, this game is awesome now and I love not hearing the ball launcher going off, it actually seems strange. Excellent work Chad and nice touch on the high score defaults.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 815 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.