1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
There are 812 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
#451 4 years ago

Is there a exploded view of the crystal assembly?
IE how easy is it to get one of existing crystals out for "silicon mold making"?
I do not want to take mine apart; but I'm curious if its something that could be done easily for examination.
I'm also curious if it can be 3D printed with SLA type printers.

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

how easy is it to get one of existing crystals out for "silicon mold making"?

I was thinking about exactly this yesterday. It's quite simple and can be removed in a couple of minutes. All of the crystals are one plastic mold, so he would either need a good example of the whole piece to use for a mold or carve out the design for that crystal in the silicon.

Hadn't thought of 3D printing, but that's probably a better option if you have access to one of those 3D scanners. White plastic should be translucent enough for an LED to shine through. It wouldn't look perfect or original, but I bet you could make it look close enough that no one would notice or care.

1 week later
#453 4 years ago

Regarding the Lite Scanner/Crystal debate, mine is lite crystals and when I sink it the DMD says collect crystals. Just wondering what the Scanner people have showing up? I assume its the same.

Cheers

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from Tripletap007:

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site yesterday! ChadH your work sounds amazing and I'm trying the Hammer3246 2006 ornament mod next week when it gets here. I bought my machine a few years ago and have been looking ever since to fix the cracked crystal pictured but haven't run across anything yet on any parts site that's a replacement solution...any thoughts to me help out? (Short of stealing some photons from a nuclear wessel, that is.)[quoted image]

If I ever get the time I might make a mold of mine and build a little vac table to form reproductions.

#455 4 years ago

Celebrating Star Trek: Picard on CBS All Access -

A Star_Trek sale

#456 4 years ago

It was alright. Way better than Discovery, that's for sure.

1 week later
#457 4 years ago

*Heavy breathing*

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#458 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a laser kick assembly? Didn’t have any luck with a quick google search.. seems like the top places are all sold out

#459 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Looking for printable images of....

Drop target decals
Fixed and moving target decals
Klingon ramp diverter insignia.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

#460 4 years ago

The drop targets decals are available from Marco Pinball. Good luck with your search.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

Does anyone know where I can get a laser kick assembly? Didn’t have any luck with a quick google search.. seems like the top places are all sold out

The game we had for a short time had a stern assembly in it, worked fine. Is your game missing the entire assembly?

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The game we had for a short time had a stern assembly in it, worked fine. Is your game missing the entire assembly?

It has one.. looks like it was maybe pieced together. I really just need the correct coil (someone at Marcos I talked to said they didn’t have just the coil either?) looks pretty standard to me I just want to make sure I get the right one

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

It has one.. looks like it was maybe pieced together. I really just need the correct coil (someone at Marcos I talked to said they didn’t have just the coil either?) looks pretty standard to me I just want to make sure I get the right one

This is the coil for the kickback. https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-090-5001-ot23-800-coil.html

#464 4 years ago

Here is a picture of the laser kick when I was taking our game apart.

IMG_3017 (resized).JPGIMG_3017 (resized).JPG
#465 4 years ago

I just purchased one and will have it this Saturday. Any suggestion on what to look out for after I set it up? I have been lurking on this thread for a couple months now. Glad I could finally join.

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

I just purchased one and will have it this Saturday. Any suggestion on what to look out for after I set it up? I have been lurking on this thread for a couple months now. Glad I could finally join.

If it has Cliffys on the scoops, take me off and see how bad the damage is (if any).

Check the plastic piece directly behind the moving target and make sure it isn't broken.

#467 4 years ago

Code update is coming along strong. Very excited for you all to see it.

I am borrowing the Star Trek that I am using for this update. Now I want to own one permanently! Does anyone know of one in good shape near Chicago?

#468 4 years ago

Can't wait!!!!

#469 4 years ago

Plastic piece behind the moving target and the left stationary target were broken. She needs some love but it is in great shape. Thanks for the advice.
18933 (resized).jpeg18933 (resized).jpeg

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Code update is coming along strong. Very excited for you all to see it.

Couldn't get the .gif to work, but believe me. We're all very excited for us to see it too!

Edit: I just went back and read over all the known changes so far, and wow this is going to be great. The foundation you laid out plus all the suggestions from this community are really going to make this game a gem.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Couldn't get the .gif to work, but believe me. We're all very excited for us to see it too!
Edit: I just went back and read over all the known changes so far, and wow this is going to be great. The foundation you laid out plus all the suggestions from this community are really going to make this game a gem.

And there is so much more added since I shared that list.

1 week later
#472 4 years ago

Need some advice from Star Trek experts.

I have changed the Skill Shot order of events to flow better and make more sense...

Part of it is that I added the RED ALERT animation that you see in Attract Mode (and only in Attract Mode)

Because of this, I have modified the text that says KLINGON/ROMULAN/THOLIAN ALERT! to instead be KLINGON/ROMULAN/THOLIAN SIGHTED!

Keep in mind, I have also modified Skill Shot so the one ship you shoot has continuity with how it moves across the screen. It now moves left to right, then right to left, then left to right, then right to left, and so on.

So you are technically shooting one ship. But that one ship would have multiple aliens in it.

My question is... should this modified Skill Shot text be:
KLINGON/ROMULAN/THOLIAN SIGHTED!
or
KLINGONS/ROMULANS/THOLIANS SIGHTED!

(Note, for Video Mode, the text has been modified from "ENEMY ALERT!" to "ENEMIES SIGHTED!" because in this instance you are shooting 10 different ships that come from random directions each time)

#473 4 years ago

My vote would be-

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

My vote would be-

This is how I am leaning now also. Unless someone thinks strongly otherwise.

#475 4 years ago

ChadH When you do finalize this what chips will I need to burn or will you be selling them?

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

chadh When you do finalize this what chips will I need to burn or will you be selling them?

Star Trek's upgrade process will be identical to Hook's process.

CPU will need a single 27C512 EPROM.
Display will need a single 27C010 or 27C1001 EPROM.

I will not be selling ROMs but a great resource for ROM burning services is Meloyelo51 when the time comes.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

My vote would be-

Definitely this. Even though there's only one ship, there would be multiple crew members on board. It should be plural.

Quoted from ChadH:

I will not be selling ROMs but a great resource for ROM burning services is meloyelo51 when the time comes.

+1 on having Matt create the ROMs. He shipped out the next day last time I ordered from him.

#478 4 years ago

I need one or two beta more testers to try out the new Star Trek code.

You must be familiar with the current game and have a ROM burner and be able to burn a CPU ROM (27C512) and a Display ROM (27C010 or 27C1001).

PM me if this is you.

#479 4 years ago

I'm interested... But have to verify I have the right eproms

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I need one or two beta more testers to try out the new Star Trek code.
You must be familiar with the current game and have a ROM burner and be able to burn a CPU ROM (27C512) and a Display ROM (27C010 or 27C1001).
PM me if this is you.

Damn. I'm away for work and would've gladly bought the necessary equipment.

#482 4 years ago

ChadH
I have: CPU ROM (27C512)
For the Display ROM (27C010 or 27C1001)… I only have a M27C4001 which is a 4X larger chip. I looked at the schematic for the display rom; and the pinouts between the two are compatible. The only issues are that A18 and A17 are held high by the display board.
This means I'll have to quadruple the binary image to make sure the display rom works.

If you want me to give it a shot; send me a PM.

#483 4 years ago

We're so close! Somebody with a ROM burner jump on that beta!

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

We're so close! Somebody with a ROM burner jump on that beta!

Very true. We are close.

#485 4 years ago

Getting closer to finished. LEDs installed. This is going to be sick!

15155 (resized).jpeg15155 (resized).jpeg
#486 4 years ago

How's the beta testing going?

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

How's the beta testing going?

Going great. Have a couple of beta testers (plus me). Ironically it is also finding bugs that exist in the original game! I’ve found this to be normal though with previous beta testing. When someone is testing an update, they are playing with heightened awareness so they notice more things including issues that have always been there. But this is good. Let’s crush those bugs now!

#489 4 years ago

Wish I could've been a part of it. Oh well

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Wish I could've been a part of it. Oh well

Bummer that you are out of town.

#491 4 years ago

I have a question. When you go to the video mode and start shooting Romulans, Klingons, and Tholians, does your auto plunger fire every time you push the fire photon button? My machine does and I was wondering if that is normal. Thanks in advance for the help. Live long and prosper! Qapla'

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

I have a question. When you go to the video mode and start shooting Romulans, Klingons, and Tholians, does your auto plunger fire every time you push the fire photon button? My machine does and I was wondering if that is normal. Thanks in advance for the help. Live long and prosper! Qapla'

They all do, but the new ROM will fix that.

1 week later
#493 4 years ago

ChadH

Once the laser kick is used in order to re lite I need to shot that lane and then shoot it again to re lite it on the left drain, is that how its coded?

Cheers!

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

chadh
Once the laser kick is used in order to re lite I need to shot that lane and then shoot it again to re lite it on the left drain, is that how its coded?
Cheers!

The current Re-Lite Laser Kick routine via the Right Orbit is a little... odd. It is based on Average Ball Time (a big no-no in my world) and doesn't always behave consistently.

It will be fixed, simplified, and much more consistent in my update. Coming soon.

#495 4 years ago

How goes the beta testing?

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

How goes the beta testing?

Almost done!

#497 4 years ago

Can't wait!! This is really going to brighten up my quarantine days.

#498 4 years ago

MY UPDATE FOR DATA EAST STAR TREK IS RELEASED!

This was quite a long process as this game needed a lot of adjustments. I hope you all like the results.

Star Trek v.3.00 update

Get it here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/

Read all the details about the changes here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/trek300

Looking forward to your thoughts on this update.

Chad

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

MY UPDATE FOR DATA EAST STAR TREK IS RELEASED!
This was quite a long process as this game needed a lot of adjustments. I hope you all like the results.
Star Trek v.3.00 update
Get it here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/
Read all the details about the changes here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/trek300
Looking forward to your thoughts on this update.
Chad

Awesome Chad! Let's get the word out there to get you some donations for you hard work!

I am able to assist anyone that can't burn their own roms, but remember to take care of Chad so things like this keep coming!!
Send PM or in my pinside shop.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade/02778-star-trek-25th-anniversary-pinball-data-east-rom-upgrade

#500 4 years ago

Yea!!

Do I need this one?

CPU / DISP v3.0 Set [C5,U8] (Chad)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 812 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club/page/10?hl=andy1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.