1712604352247 (resized).jpg
1712604289091 (resized).jpg
D9C6431F-77B0-48B6-B93C-79C7564285D2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240212_232623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
20230430_111731 (resized).jpg
There are 812 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 7 years ago

ST DE is an awesome game and often gets buried in the Star Trek Club. Here are a few mods I've made to my machine.

STDE_2_(resized).jpgSTDE_2_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Here is my new blue DMD! It's a darker blue in real life and looks awesome.

STDE_1_(resized).jpgSTDE_1_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Another angle...

STDE_4_(resized).jpgSTDE_4_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

To bump the club and let all know that I intend to reproduce the subway ramp for this game in the coming weeks.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

To bump the club and let all know that I intend to reproduce the subway ramp for this game in the coming weeks.

Put me on the list!!!!!!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Here is my new blue DMD! It's a darker blue in real life and looks awesome.

I was thinking about getting one for mine. That does look good!

I originally installed my shuttle in the same location and then decided to move it. It just seemed a little too modern and polished for the rest of the game to be front and center like that.

20160729_145928_(resized).jpg20160729_145928_(resized).jpg

20160729_150021_(resized).jpg20160729_150021_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

I just picked one of these up a few weeks ago, but it needs a little love. It works, but one of the flashers must have locked on and burned the PF where the enterprise is right in the middle. The scoop has seen better days too.

I signed up for the CPR playfield when it gets released, so for now, I'm just going to play the hell out of it.

Does anyone know what type of paper is directly behind the transporter hologram? It's in front of the bulb. Mine ripped and you can see it through the transporter.

#8 7 years ago

Here's a few pics from when I was doing my restoration.

Cabinet_lower_(resized).jpgCabinet_lower_(resized).jpg
Head_side_(resized).jpgHead_side_(resized).jpg
STPF_final_(resized).jpgSTPF_final_(resized).jpg
Lower_PF_staple_(resized).jpgLower_PF_staple_(resized).jpg
Finished_in_place_(resized).jpgFinished_in_place_(resized).jpg
Rebuilt_head_(resized).jpgRebuilt_head_(resized).jpg
Lower_PF_after_(resized).jpgLower_PF_after_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I was thinking about getting one for mine. That does look good!
I originally installed my shuttle in the same location and then decided to move it. It just seemed a little too modern and polished for the rest of the game to be front and center like that.

What is it sitting on and where do you have it connected? I connected mine to the fixed rollover lights - turns out it seems to go on off at the right time, looks stock.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Nice game but that battery holder does look to be in a precarious position.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Wow that's a nice restoration!

#12 7 years ago

Here's what I have on the top of my game.

STDE_3_(resized).jpgSTDE_3_(resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

This is a game whenever I see it I want to buy but I've never played it. Almost got to play one at Expo but some guy bought it and packing it up when I got there.

#14 7 years ago

Would be an awesome game for a pinsound update adding other characters besides Bones and Scotty.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

What is it sitting on and where do you have it connected? I connected mine to the fixed rollover lights - turns out it seems to go on off at the right time, looks stock.

I connected it to the GI. It looks good on and off with GI effects.

It's a cut bent piece of coat hanger mounted dead center under the shuttle and a screw mount loop at the bottom.

20160729_175353_(resized).jpg20160729_175353_(resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone know what type of paper is directly behind the transporter hologram? It's in front of the bulb. Mine ripped and you can see it through the transporter.

I used Vidalon Vellum paper I got from Hobby Lobby. # 100510091 (available elsewhere under that name & number too)
And I used the 12x12 silver heavy card stock from Hobby Lobby for the "mirror" cardboard behind the lamp.

ST25_inner2_(resized).jpgST25_inner2_(resized).jpg

ST25_inner1_(resized).jpgST25_inner1_(resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Is this what you got? 9 X 12"?
amazon.com link »

No ... Hobby lobby sells single sheets for $2.50, like 18*24 ?

#19 7 years ago

I may have to do something with that shuttle. On mine I did an Enterprise complete with lightup nacelles.

I've also backlit the ladies and the amoeba.
RandRand

More pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/albums/72157605111405030

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I may have to do something with that shuttle. On mine I did an Enterprise complete with lightup nacelles.
I've also backlit the ladies and the amoeba.

More pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/albums/72157605111405030

Holy crap I wish I could backlight the three arches, where do you get the stuff to do that?

Nice autographs too! Here's a pic...

star_trek_20100002_(resized).jpgstar_trek_20100002_(resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

I laser cut my own plastics to do that.
If you look at the Flickr album you can see the work.
Oh here's the worklog:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=80041

#22 7 years ago

I joined the club a few weeks ago. Just waiting to get my cpu back so I can start playing it.

#23 7 years ago

Incidentally; I have considered lighting the arches myself. I should couldn't put a drill to my arch plastics to get a good mount location.
One of these days; I do intend to get back to that mod.

#24 7 years ago

Help needed. I have 4 Flashers that don't appear to be working. In the Manual they are identified as "2B". Two of them are #89 located in the top center behind the backglass and the other two are #906 under the mini-mars domes on either side of the main topside ramp. OK, so all of the wiring appears to be properly attached and I tried new bulbs. I also saw that they are attached to J9 on the PPB board and CN12 on the CPU. At least I think that's where they are but the schematics label them as all #89 lamps (can anyone verify this?). Nothing looks burnt. Anyway, I have a dmm and am looking for what to check next. I don't read schematics so well.

Thank you!

#25 7 years ago

Is anyone running a pinsound board in their ST25?
My brother has one in his DE Star Wars that is running a compilation of sounds from the movies that someone else put together and it sounds fantastic. I read in the main Star Trek owners thread where someone was putting together something like this but it was a year ago and I am not sure if it was ever finished.

#26 7 years ago

I got fed up with the overly dim chase lights, so I made some new ones. The new is on the left, the old on the right. The news are a lot brighter then the old ones.

#27 7 years ago

Seriously, not sure why new, better ones aren't reproduced. So many games are missing the rope lights altogether and the new ones are so much more effective. That rope light looks significantly better than the old one.

#28 7 years ago

It wasn't all that hard to make them, just time consuming. Even though I am very happy with the results I would buy repros in a minute if I could.

#29 7 years ago

I was curious about Pinsound too. I was wondering how much better the sound is even if there is no newly created sound files.

Is the upgrade worth it?

#30 7 years ago

The one thing I know about pinsound is you can change any sound you want. Between the TV series and all the movies there is so much material to choose from. And even if you don't change and sounds the pinsound is a much better sound card so it will sound better than the stock one. But the main reason to get one is to change the stock sounds. You can even add in attract mode music...like the TV theme song.

#31 7 years ago

Several years ago I replaced mine and found a piece of white mylar at Jo Ann Fabrics that was a perfect replacement. Here's a link to my post back then with more info.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-star-trek-transporter-light-diffuser

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from southbound:

Several years ago I replaced mine and found a piece of white mylar at Jo Ann Fabrics that was a perfect replacement. Here's a link to my post back then with more info

Thanks. I found it on Amazon for $6.

#33 7 years ago

I started playing different versions of the game roms and am wondering if anyone has a list of the differences. I have version 1.02, 2.0 and 2.1. The only difference I see is that the ships don't explode in video mode in versions 2.0 and 2.1. And the scoring seems higher in version 1.02, although it may not really be. Just the impression that I get.
Can anyone burn me a copy of version 1.09?

#34 7 years ago

Joined the club folks. (and sorry posted this first time in the wrong place!)

Got a HUO table, but I don't think its been cleaned or serviced for 25 years! Its filthy!

Just a couple of questions:

I have a lot of wear/damage in the play field where the red circuit is, is there a cliffy or other protector that I can use to cover damage here?

Also what legs can I use as replacement for this table?

Thanks,
Neil.

image-7_(resized).jpgimage-7_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

ok a little bit of google and I answer my own question

for reference!

Cliffy protector for both sides:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/st25.htm

#36 7 years ago

Welcome to the club!

#37 7 years ago

New Spock mod with light up board/viewer.

20160813_112144_HDR1_(resized).jpg20160813_112144_HDR1_(resized).jpg

aaa_(resized).jpgaaa_(resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago

fantastic mod!

#39 7 years ago

Well it looks like I am also a member of this club. I have had my Star Trek 25Th sense 1999 but it's been in storage for the last 7 or so years. I got it out of storage a couple months ago just knowing it provably had battery damage because it was stored with the batteries. I was shocked to find no battery leakage and it fired right up and plays great but it need's a good cleaning and new rubbers which show some signs of cracking. In fact it had the same batteries that is in this picture I took in 2001. I surly got lucky. I found this thread wile searching the topic of installing LED's in this game to see what works and what doesn't work but I haven't found anything concrete on what works. I found some say regular LED's work great, some say you need Ghosting LED's and some say you need a board to eliminate ghosting. Anyone here put LED's in their Star Trek 25Th and what works and what doesn't work. I would love to put LED's in this game but LED kits are in the $225.00 to $257.00 range. Is a kit the cheapest and best way to go or should I mix and match different types and if so anyone have a list?

insidebackbox_(resized).JPGinsidebackbox_(resized).JPG

frontview2_(resized).JPGfrontview2_(resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago

Sold mine again, 2nd time and damn it I want to like this pin as I'm a big fan of the OG series and the films but the game play man, the game play. Anyway maybe third time will be a charm. If there was ever a game that needs to be redone, new sounds with Kirk and Spock, some new code????. I don't know

a7b74508ef9fdf3b930f2ce3a8199c676c61bd66_(resized).jpga7b74508ef9fdf3b930f2ce3a8199c676c61bd66_(resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Well it looks like I am also a member of this club. I have had my Star Trek 25Th sense 1999 but it's been in storage for the last 7 or so years. I got it out of storage a couple months ago just knowing it provably had battery damage because it was stored with the batteries. I was shocked to find no battery leakage and it fired right up and plays great but it need's a good cleaning and new rubbers which show some signs of cracking. In fact it had the same batteries that is in this picture I took in 2001. I surly got lucky. I found this thread wile searching the topic of installing LED's in this game to see what works and what doesn't work but I haven't found anything concrete on what works. I found some say regular LED's work great, some say you need Ghosting LED's and some say you need a board to eliminate ghosting. Anyone here put LED's in their Star Trek 25Th and what works and what doesn't work. I would love to put LED's in this game but LED kits are in the $225.00 to $257.00 range. Is a kit the cheapest and best way to go or should I mix and match different types and if so anyone have a list?

Comet has some great LEDs and they sell them by the bag. I'm gonna try some of there natural white for the GI. I may get some colors for the inserts but I wouldn't have to. Their standard LEDs are less than a dollar a bulb. The top of the line Optix are less than 2 dollars a bulb.

My BSD has some cheap LEDs from the previous owner and the inserts flicker like crazy. Even the inserts that aren't supposed to be lit flicker. I might go with the LED OCD board eventually.

1 week later
#42 7 years ago

Metal-mod cap decals with Brite-Caps EVO cap lights.

Star trek pop bumpers (resized).jpgStar trek pop bumpers (resized).jpg

1 week later
#43 7 years ago

I want to be in this club. I have a 78 Bally Star Trek I got a few months ago and plan to have all 4 Star Trek pins eventually. This one currently is the only one that will fit in my budget, so it's next! Hopefully I'll have it soon if I can sell off a couple of pins.

#44 7 years ago

Pahuffman on the bridge! Good luck on your quest.

#45 7 years ago

I put color changing leds for the 9 dilithium crystals...

#46 7 years ago

New DE ST25 subway ramps now available. Info here....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/14#post-3334211

IMG_1207 (resized).JPGIMG_1207 (resized).JPG

IMG_1209 (resized).JPGIMG_1209 (resized).JPG

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

New DE ST25 subway ramps now available. Info here....

Awesome. You just made a lot of new friends.

Is this something that will be available for awhile, or is it a limited run?

#48 7 years ago

Where were you when I needed one of those a couple of years ago?

#49 7 years ago

Is this something that will be available for awhile, or is it a limited run?

Well, a little of both. I will make more after this initial run, but probably not for a while as I am also currently working on Guns 'n Roses and Strange Science. Once I get those done I will probably take a little break to work on the new machine. So there will be more!

#50 7 years ago

I would definitely like to see more gameplay videos of this pin. The ones on YouTube are either old and unwatchable or just bad play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 812 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-data-east-club/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.