View topic image gallery

SAM System software update (resized).JPG
412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg
20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
20180704_172233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Why the hell does it take another run to have to be produced before they fix the issues. If there wasn’t a re-release they would have left all that crap. People pay too much for these games for the quality they put forward.

I’m nasty...To fix a bug they need to play it...and as this one is boring...

They really need to change the code. I can’t understand why this game is so highly rated.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think you mean rules and not code. I like the rules, and most people seem to, too. What don't you like about them? What would you change?
Code though - even after this update a lot of bugs remain, unless there are a bunch of undocumented changes.

Well, all modes just feel the same for me.
I way prefer a game like TWD with much less modes but way different from each others
And what I also dislike is the fact that you must to not play the ball till the end of timers if you wanna have a chance to see the end of the game unless it is impossible.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Explain to us how all the modes are different in TWD?
Barn - shoot barn over and over
Riot - shoot riot over and over
Arena - shoot arena over and over
3/5 modes are basically the same.
Once you get to level II and level III of ST modes they are much more varied. Problem is the game is a grind before it starts getting to the fun parts.

Level II is the same as level I unless there are 2 fix light shots If i am right.
I always have the feeling I am shooting the same shots whatever the mode, whatever the level with only slight variation.
This feeling is raised by the fact there are numerous modes and the more you play the more I feel doing the same and got bored quickly.
Never played level III, too much difficult for me.
I do not have this feeling with TWD, shots are much tougher to do in general imho and so more challenging.
You finally doing the same whatever the game but ST really gives me to do the same since I press start button till I turn off the game.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More
I think you’re saying ST is boring. That i agree with. But it does get better when you take the time to understand some of he nuances of the code. It’s still a grind, but more interesting. A good game to have along with brutal games like TWD.

I’m not right, i’m not wrong, just personal feeling.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

More
What you are saying is just factually wrong. The modes are incredibly varied once you learn the rules. Some of the level 2 and 3 modes are very interesting. Even the level one modes are mostly varied. DTD: left most 2 shots lit, as you fail to hit lit shots, new shots are added to the right. As you hit shots they reduce to the left. Is very different from. STE: randomly either the left half of the playfield or right have of the playfield is lit. PD: all shots are lit, as you hit them they turn off. If you hit them all, or after a timer they relight. Are all these modes hit flashing shot, yes. Are they the same no.
I think the true difference between modes in TWD and modes in ST is that ST the modes score linearly and TWD they score superlinear. As you hit barn, the value of the next barn shot raises a lot, each progressive shot get's more exciting. Throw in a strategic X and boom! Excitement. ST the modes don't really give you huge payout. Some like Galactic Spinner are a little more directly valuable, but really they progress to delayed rewards. Captain's chair and the mini wizard modes. The Medal meltdown is exciting, but is earning a gold medal during the mode is not exciting.

Sorry but what means DTD, STE, PD?

Yes TWD modes are really exciting to play, an adrenaline rush.
Who played the level III wizard mode? It is impossible in 3 balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.