View topic image gallery

SAM System software update (resized).JPG
412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg
20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
20180704_172233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

New code just dropped! Wooohooooooo

FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpegFD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

1.62 - June 5, 2018
=======================

- Fixed a presentation issue where solid shot lights in Destroy the Drill II were showing when they weren't available.
Now, all available shots blink including the roving 2X shot.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where shots/lights were not being displayed correctly. This only occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Mode Select where mode select would not show up quickly between balls. This occurred during multi-player games.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where double scoring was timing out due to the presentation length of Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed an issue in Kobayashi Maru where the background music was missing.
- Added sound FX and a longer light show presentation for the final shot in Kobayashi Maru.
- Fixed a problem if you Drill Down 3 deep in a mode, i.e play Destroy the Drill I, II, III. . When you get through the
last III mode, you could get robbed out of the second/third wizard mode (Enterprise Amok Multiball would not start,
and, if you made it to Five Year Mission, the game would instead start Enterprise Amok Multiball. After the last
wizard mode you couldn't start any modes for the rest of the game. It could also crash the game while in this state.
- Fixed an issue in Nero II where the shot count was not properly shown when interrupted by other modes/events.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet to ignore the "disabled" adjustment.

- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games that have been played.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00
- Added Sweden_3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th slot.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting default to Sweden_3 pricing.
- Updated Switzerland dip switch setting default to Switzerland_3 pricing.
- Updated UK dip switch setting default to UK_4 pricing.
- Added China Dip Switch setting (28 00111000) and currency, pricing, overrides, redemption, tournament, novelty, etc setting.
- Fixed an issue with replay score computation.
- Added ticket dispenser type "TICKETLESS".
- Added ticket dispenser motor rest time between ticket dispenses (AD_TICKET_DISPENSER_REST_TIME_MS) - default is 0 ms.
- Added ticket dispenser retries (AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES) - if the ticket notch switch is not seen after a dispense, the system will retry
- AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES times to dispense a ticket before marking the ticket dispenser as "jammed". AD_TICKET_DISPENSE_RETRIES default is 0.
- Fixed an issue where the ticket dispenser was still enabled after uninstalling redemption settings.
- Added timed game options to the redemption system.
- Added default redemption settings to the system for each country (DIP) install.

#3 5 years ago

Bump! Why no love? New code

#4 5 years ago

Any update is a good thing! Hope to see more...

#5 5 years ago

Mostly fixes/pricing for Sweden?

#6 5 years ago

Ya bug fixes was the big part. Well done!

#7 5 years ago

sounds like very serious issues existed in multiplayer games.
sad they were not found fixed earlier this game has been out for so long

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

sounds like very serious issues existed in multiplayer games.
sad they were not found fixed earlier this game has been out for so long

Nice they fixed it! They seem to have a new dedication to code! Big thumbs up

#9 5 years ago

Why the hell does it take another run to have to be produced before they fix the issues. If there wasn’t a re-release they would have left all that crap. People pay too much for these games for the quality they put forward.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nice they fixed it! They seem to have a new dedication to code! Big thumbs up

Well they fixed some things. There's a lot left that they didn't fix, both unrelated items to this list, and further issues with Kobayashi.

I'd expect this as an update a couple of weeks after the prior update, not 3 years later as what they seem to hope to be the last code release. It's not exactly exhaustive.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Well they fixed some things. There are a lot left that they didn't fix, both unrelated items to this list, and further issues with Kobayashi.
I'd expect this as an update a couple of weeks after the prior update, not 3 years later as what they seem to hope to be the last code release. It's not exactly exhaustive.

It’s a sales pitch for sure, but better than nothing.

#12 5 years ago

I'm leaning toward a ST in my future so this certainly helps the cause.

#13 5 years ago

I play my STLE more than any game in my collection, but its always 1 player, so not sure its worth losing my high scores to update this

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I play my STLE more than any game in my collection, but its always 1 player, so not sure its worth losing my high scores to update this

Losing high scores is actually fun. You get to set new high scores!

#16 5 years ago

Wow, people in Sweden with ticket dispensers are going to love this.

#17 5 years ago

The multiplayer fix is a good thing.

Being able to have double scoring run during KM as opposed to being eaten up during medals is also a good thing.

Hoping to see more updates. I enjoy the game, it just needs a little more pizazz.

#18 5 years ago

...but can they finally make him say Khan instead of Kai? xD

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I wish I could upvote this more than once. Star Trek is long gone but I wouldn't mind having it back again at some point. It's just too similar to Spider-Man for my taste

#20 5 years ago

Well,I have not been able to get to any of those modes yet!!Captains Chair is about as far as I;ve been!!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Why the hell does it take another run to have to be produced before they fix the issues. If there wasn’t a re-release they would have left all that crap. People pay too much for these games for the quality they put forward.

I’m nasty...To fix a bug they need to play it...and as this one is boring...

They really need to change the code. I can’t understand why this game is so highly rated.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

They really need to change the code. I can’t understand why this game is so highly rated.

There's a lot of pinball people out there that like objective based rulesets that follow a story. Star Trek does that with 18 missions (6 missions that are 3 levels deep) all of which feature actor audio from the films plus custom callouts by one of the films actors. The ship is also a pretty cool pinball toy. If I had more room for pins I would still own one.

#23 5 years ago

I love my ST. I do wish they'd make Prime Directive 3 different from Prime Directive 2 now though.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Really not worth the install

Wrong.

#25 5 years ago

I’ve been critical of Stern over code over the past five years, but have to say they have been turning that around the past nine months or so.

Kudos to Stern for getting a code update out, even if mostly bug fixes. We appreciate it and seeing that you have not forgotten about your older games. Thank you.

#26 5 years ago

Better late than never. Nice they fixed the issues in Kobi Maru and all the other bugs. Too bad I already sold my ST. I would definitely update if you have a ST.

#27 5 years ago

I think you mean rules and not code. I like the rules, and most people seem to, too. What don't you like about them? What would you change?

Code though - even after this update a lot of bugs remain, unless there are a bunch of undocumented changes.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think you mean rules and not code. I like the rules, and most people seem to, too. What don't you like about them? What would you change?
Code though - even after this update a lot of bugs remain, unless there are a bunch of undocumented changes.

Well, all modes just feel the same for me.
I way prefer a game like TWD with much less modes but way different from each others
And what I also dislike is the fact that you must to not play the ball till the end of timers if you wanna have a chance to see the end of the game unless it is impossible.

#29 5 years ago

So does this mean I will have to wait for a Kiss VE to get a code update.

#30 5 years ago

bummed they didnt fix the black hole award stuff but glad they fixed some things

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

bummed they didnt fix the black hole award stuff but glad they fixed some things

2nd. I'm shocked how little used the Black Hole is used. I only realized this after like a year of playing and thought "hey, why don't you ever go for that?", and thought to myself that it's because I practically only get Add More Time in mode play, and Add A Ball in Multiball (which enough flailing will get you anyways in MB).

There are at least 5 more good awards they could've added, and if the 200,000 Pops never got fixed, that's just pure laziness.

#32 5 years ago

I'd really like to see the black hole used more during gameplay. I'd also add any more description or instruction during the modes would help greatly in gameplay espically to the casual audience.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I'd really like to see the black hole used more during gameplay. I'd also add any more description or instruction during the modes would help greatly in gameplay espically to the casual audience.

Should've copied the Q target rule from STTNG where it could award a lit arrow. Maybe the Warp ramp is the only lit shot, and this could spot an easier shot.

#34 5 years ago

Who is running these at 5 plays for a dollar?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

This is an example of the Yanni / Laurel thing that hit the internets the other week.

I was hoping for more updates to ST's code (mainly a SW controlled blackout feature), but these updates will do .

#36 5 years ago

You know. The re-run might be the reason these fixes are made and released now. But, it might also have something to do with the fact that Stern have hired new people.

What better way to train the new talent, than have them do few things (with some still complicated enough) on a well tested system that they might know to great detail as players.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

...It's just too similar to Spider-Man for my taste

Agreed except I have an ST instead of an SM

#38 5 years ago

More
Well, all modes just feel the same for me.

Not if you use away team

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Never once heard him say kai. It's always khan. Whats happening here?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I always hear Khan too.

What I don't understand is what is said at the beginning of Klingon Multiball. It always sounds like Klingooooon Peeeniisssss.

#41 5 years ago

I way prefer a game like TWD with much less modes but way different from each others

Explain to us how all the modes are different in TWD?

Barn - shoot barn over and over
Riot - shoot riot over and over
Arena - shoot arena over and over

3/5 modes are basically the same.

Once you get to level II and level III of ST modes they are much more varied. Problem is the game is a grind before it starts getting to the fun parts.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Explain to us how all the modes are different in TWD?
Barn - shoot barn over and over
Riot - shoot riot over and over
Arena - shoot arena over and over
3/5 modes are basically the same.
Once you get to level II and level III of ST modes they are much more varied. Problem is the game is a grind before it starts getting to the fun parts.

Level II is the same as level I unless there are 2 fix light shots If i am right.
I always have the feeling I am shooting the same shots whatever the mode, whatever the level with only slight variation.
This feeling is raised by the fact there are numerous modes and the more you play the more I feel doing the same and got bored quickly.
Never played level III, too much difficult for me.
I do not have this feeling with TWD, shots are much tougher to do in general imho and so more challenging.
You finally doing the same whatever the game but ST really gives me to do the same since I press start button till I turn off the game.

#43 5 years ago

My name is Kai is all I ever hear, I actually yell at the bloody machine each time saying “It’s Kahn you bloody idiot”

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It was so annoying for me I switched it out for the real Kahn from TOS. Another reason to keep 1.61

#45 5 years ago

More
Level II is the same as level I unless there are 2 fix light shots If i am right.
I always have the feeling I am shooting the same shots whatever the mode, whatever the level with only slight variation.
This feeling is raised by the fact there are numerous modes and the more you play the more I feel doing the same and got bored quickly.
Never played level III, too much difficult for me.
I do not have this feeling with TWD, shots are much tougher to do in general imho and so more challenging.
You finally doing the same whatever the game but ST really gives me to do the same since I press start button till I turn off the game.

I think you’re saying ST is boring. That i agree with. But it does get better when you take the time to understand some of he nuances of the code. It’s still a grind, but more interesting. A good game to have along with brutal games like TWD.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

It was so annoying for me I switched it out for the real Kahn from TOS. Another reason to keep 1.61

If I upgrade to 1.62 do I lose my 1.61 movie soundtrack?

#47 5 years ago

That's an affirmative.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's kinda weird. I never gave it a second thought. It said "Khan", or at least that's what I heard. Until I watched a video, and the player pointed it out. Ever since that moment, I hear "Kai" clear as a bell.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's kinda weird. I never gave it a second thought. It said "Khan", or at least that's what I heard. Until I watched a video, and the player pointed it out. Ever since that moment, I hear "Kai" clear as a bell.

It sounds like "Kai" without a doubt to me also.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It sounds like "Kai" without a doubt to me also.

Sounds like laurel to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.