View topic image gallery

SAM System software update (resized).JPG
412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg
20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
20180704_172233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

I just tested the one from amazon link and was not impressed. I'm going to revert back to the stock rom.
Music volume was low. Doesn't seem to be much variety between different modes. Just plays a generic sounding movie background music whole time.

version? and what to mean Generic sounding it has 7 tracks I believe, that's exactly what the Stern music does is repeat throughout the back ground.

more info please I will look into it.

1 month later
#252 3 years ago

Unless I'm mistaken, the Dropbox links seem dead... Could anyone PM me for a modified 1.62 Premium with movie soundtrack?

Thanks

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Unless I'm mistaken, the Dropbox links seem dead... Could anyone PM me for a modified 1.62 Premium with movie soundtrack?
Thanks

STAR TREK 1.62 with movie music.

Premium/LE

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/kP5L1sOKq5q4JNfluAeT0N7Nik3S4pvxAByudFMPx0Z

Pro

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/sUbnHgLmz4dGvmMtGxp7eRYBoiRDnt4hdZnvlXTfEYr

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Again, that was just a video I found on YouTube, naively thinking there was only one alternate soundtrack out there. Maybe ask the guy who posted it on YT?

The video with the STLE and ColorDMD is from me.

In my version:
The music and the atmosphere is darker.
And I have added more sounds / callouts.

I think, both version is good / better as the original

Ernö

#255 3 years ago

Sounds good to me!!!

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Premium/LE
amazon.com link »
Pro
amazon.com link »

There's something odd. I can access the link, but whenever I try to hit download, nothing happens. Tried using Chrome and Edge... Any other link ?

Regards

[EDIT] Well that was odd, after 30min I was able to access and download the file

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

There's something odd. I can access the link, but whenever I try to hit download, nothing happens. Tried using Chrome and Edge... Any other link ?
Regards
[EDIT] Well that was odd, after 30min I was able to access and download the file

Amazon cloud services photos where down starting Nov25th, they actually sent an email acknowledging the issue. They seem to be having some issues still not photos . Glad you got it.

7 months later
#258 2 years ago

Necro'ing an old thread here. I tried installing the .bin file from the Amazon link, above, on my Stern ST Premium, and while I was able to load the code and the game is playable, I didn't hear any difference in the music. Did I miss something in the process? If I didn't know better, I'd think that the .bin file was just the latest code from Stern. All thoughts appreciated, thanks.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from SmooveJMY:

Necro'ing an old thread here. I tried installing the .bin file from the Amazon link, above, on my Stern ST Premium, and while I was able to load the code and the game is playable, I didn't hear any difference in the music. Did I miss something in the process? If I didn't know better, I'd think that the .bin file was just the latest code from Stern. All thoughts appreciated, thanks.

*** update, do me a favor please, start a game but dont plunge the ball, listen to the music...
(sounds like its supposed you didn't even realize the difference)

I double checked it, the movie music is in there...

15 sounds files differ from the Sterns 1.62 file... I was going to post a quick youtube video showing files & sounds but dont have the time.

-- STK162 ->
-- Sounds :
-- New sound : 0x738
-- New sound : 0x73A
-- New sound : 0x73B
-- New sound : 0x73D
-- New sound : 0x73E
-- New sound : 0x73F
-- New sound : 0x740
-- New sound : 0x741
-- New sound : 0x744
-- New sound : 0x745
-- New sound : 0x747
-- New sound : 0x748
-- New sound : 0x749
-- New sound : 0x74A
-- New sound : 0x74B

Please donate to pinball browser, download PB and check the files for yourself.

#260 2 years ago

Thanks for the response -- I'm now thinking that the table I bought already had the cinematic code installed on it, which is why it sounded the same to me. In any event, I like it, particularly with my external subwoofer connected.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from SmooveJMY:

Thanks for the response -- I'm now thinking that the table I bought already had the cinematic code installed on it, which is why it sounded the same to me. In any event, I like it, particularly with my external subwoofer connected.

Thanks for answering back, greatly appreciate it. You had me worried, I was like did I not upload the correct file.

Cheers.

3 weeks later
#262 2 years ago

I have a ST Pro 2019 version. I have tried numerous times to install the 1.62 with movie sound and keeps saying REBOOTING..... on the DMD and gets stuck there. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried everything I know to do. Thanks!

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

I have a ST Pro 2019 version. I have tried numerous times to install the 1.62 with movie sound and keeps saying REBOOTING..... on the DMD and gets stuck there. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried everything I know to do. Thanks!

Download the stock code from Stern and install that. If it works fine, it’s the code. If not, it’s the game.

#264 2 years ago

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. Something so easy shouldn’t be this difficult.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. Something so easy shouldn’t be this difficult.

You a are following all the steps for a SAM system update correct? This is the first time I have heard of any issues, I can try reloading it later incase its corrupted.
I am not sure the USB format requirements can't seem to find it.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Star-Trek-Pro-Manual.pdf

^^ page 2

#266 2 years ago

double post sorry.

#267 2 years ago

Thanks Cam! Based on your post I went down the rabbit hole and found another post referencing my same problem. Wound up being the BOOT FLASH. I pulled it and a couple of the pins were bent and not connecting. After fixing, the file downloaded like a champ. Music is awesome! Big thanks to you and extendo for all the hard work and helping a fellow frustrated pinsider!!

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Thanks Cam! Based on your post I went down the rabbit hole and found another post referencing my same problem. Wound up being the BOOT FLASH. I pulled it and a couple of the pins were bent and not connecting. After fixing, the file downloaded like a champ. Music is awesome! Big thanks to you and extendo for all the hard work and helping a fellow frustrated pinsider!!

Glad it works, mind sharing a bit more details on how you got Boot Flash issue fixed to help others.

Cheers.

#269 2 years ago

To recap - I was having a problem with the machine getting stuck in REBOOTING…. after flipping #8 dip switch to ON or the display showing blank after a power cycle with #8 in ON position. Either way the machine wasn’t rebooting properly. So, I pulled the Pinball Boot (see attached pic) to check the 32 pins. A couple of them were bent and not going in the appropriate slot in the board. I straightened them and put back in the board and then followed the prompts and code updated no problem. I used a blank 4 gig USB formatted FAT32 with file saved in the root directory as a .BIN file. Hope this helps. Jason

412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#270 2 years ago

*** update, do me a favor please, start a game but dont plunge the ball, listen to the music...
(sounds like its supposed you didn't even realize the difference)
I double checked it, the movie music is in there...
15 sounds files differ from the Sterns 1.62 file... I was going to post a quick youtube video showing files & sounds but dont have the time.
-- STK162 ->
-- Sounds :
-- New sound : 0x738
-- New sound : 0x73A
-- New sound : 0x73B
-- New sound : 0x73D
-- New sound : 0x73E
-- New sound : 0x73F
-- New sound : 0x740
-- New sound : 0x741
-- New sound : 0x744
-- New sound : 0x745
-- New sound : 0x747
-- New sound : 0x748
-- New sound : 0x749
-- New sound : 0x74A
-- New sound : 0x74B
Please donate to pinball browser, download PB and check the files for yourself.

Morn’n ! So I downloaded you’re code and followed all the steps but the music is the same. I know I don’t have the movie code as the main theme isn’t present. I downloaded you’re file. Unzipped it and put not on a blank USB. Turned off dipswitch #8 and it updated as all Sterns do. Rebooted the game and nada! Lol! Sorry I’m a little late to the party on this but those music files are an amazing upgrade and I really want to have them. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks so much in advance for any help.

#271 2 years ago

Sooooo in that file it had the actual 1.62 Stern update and the movie code was separate….I believe. Lol! I specifically transferred the one that said movie code this time and trying it again.

#272 2 years ago

Aaaaaand that’s exactly what I did. Carry on!

#273 2 years ago

Great mod btw! So we’ll down. Appreciate it!

5 months later
#274 1 year ago

Can anyone point out exactly where dipswitch 2 is located?

#275 1 year ago

I meant dipswitch 8. Lol

#276 1 year ago

This should help. Dip switch location is around 1:20.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

This should help. Dip switch location is around 1:20.

Thank you! That worked using my daughters younger eyes. Which settings do you prefer? I had no idea it went from easy to expert. Lol

2 months later
#278 1 year ago

Sorry to drag up an old post, but would anyone be able to post the STAR TREK 1.62 with movie music for the Pro again?
Thanks so much fellas!
Lou

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from mmarino123:

Sorry to drag up an old post, but would anyone be able to post the STAR TREK 1.62 with movie music for the Pro again?
Thanks so much fellas!
Lou

Ya'll better hurry this link goes down Dec 31, 2023 Amazon is removing the share drive.

Premium/LE

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/kP5L1sOKq5q4JNfluAeT0N7Nik3S4pvxAByudFMPx0Z

Pro

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/sUbnHgLmz4dGvmMtGxp7eRYBoiRDnt4hdZnvlXTfEYr

#280 1 year ago

Ya'll better hurry this link goes down Dec 31, 2023 Amazon is removing the share drive.

Thank you VERY much!!!!

11 months later
#281 5 months ago

Trying to figure out the process for updating the code for my Pro. Is this correct file to load?
PR0162_custom_movie 3.bin

thx

#282 5 months ago
Quoted from izzy:

Trying to figure out the process for updating the code for my Pro. Is this correct file to load?
PR0162_custom_movie 3.bin
thx

Yes, should be few pages into your game manual, but posted a screen shot. FYI it resets your high scores.

SAM System software update (resized).JPGSAM System software update (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.