View topic image gallery

SAM System software update (resized).JPG
412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg
20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
20180704_172233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago

Here is my new video with the FW1.62 and ColorDMD

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That was my version, if someone can update it to 1.62 or improve upon it I can send it out to them, just send me a pm.

Cool, ill give it a crack mate can you pm a download link please.

#153 5 years ago

I’m noticing that sometimes I don’t get awarded the super skill shot, even when I think I should get it. I’m trying to figure out when, but it seems like when I hit it really fast, it doesn’t register one. Anyone else seeing that?

#154 5 years ago

I noticed they changed the warp extra ball to 6 I think, where it used to be 3 warp ramps to light extra ball. Not sure why they doubled that, but most casual players will never see an extra ball if it is 6 warp ramps.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m noticing that sometimes I don’t get awarded the super skill shot, even when I think I should get it. I’m trying to figure out when, but it seems like when I hit it really fast, it doesn’t register one. Anyone else seeing that?

There's always been a bug with the right ramp skill shot where if you hit any target first, it wouldn't count. Hadn't noticed if this release addresses that or not. I was hoping it would fix the "fast blink" behavior for untimed modes, but nope. It only makes sense on timed modes where it's showing you the timer is about to expire.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Extendo - can you (re)publish the version with the original (TOS) music, instead of the movie music, for the post-game audio? I really love the original theme music here.
thank you!

Quoted from JimB:

That was my version, if someone can update it to 1.62 or improve upon it I can send it out to them, just send me a pm.

Here you are.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/39xqtqzgxtbahze/STLE_162_original_TOS.bin/file

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

Here is my new video with the FW1.62 and ColorDMD

I need to get a colordmd for my Star Trek. That looks amazing.

#158 5 years ago

Now all we need is a color dmd Star Trek firmware upgrade. There’s places where the color fades out, must be from the code changes. Or is my file corrupted?

#159 5 years ago

Have you reported the uncolored sections to colordmd support? They are excellent and they would surely look into it.

Quoted from minishark:

Now all we need is a color dmd Star Trek firmware upgrade. There’s places where the color fades out, must be from the code changes. Or is my file corrupted?

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I noticed they changed the warp extra ball to 6 I think, where it used to be 3 warp ramps to light extra ball. Not sure why they doubled that, but most casual players will never see an extra ball if it is 6 warp ramps.

It probly adjusts according to percentage, it was probly determined that 6 was a good factory starting point.
In a real casual player scenario, it would lower to still be earned.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

Haven't noticed that ?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

IIn a real casual player scenario, it would lower to still be earned.

What?

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

It probly adjusts according to percentage, it was probly determined that 6 was a good factory starting point.
In a real casual player scenario, it would lower to still be earned.

It's not like replays. Haven't tried new FW yet, but it was fixed at 3 before.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I need to get a colordmd for my Star Trek. That looks amazing.

I just saw what it looks like in Star Trek over the weekend at Pintastic. There goes another 400 bucks!

#165 5 years ago

ColorDMD-LCD is a must have mod

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Hmm, I thought this would indicate that.
Oh well.

IMG_2354 (resized).JPGIMG_2354 (resized).JPG
#167 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

On 1.61 it defaulted to AUTO, which automatically tuned where the extra ball was. Unless the feature didn't work it was not set to 3. I always had mine set to a fixed value.

IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpgIMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
#168 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

On 1.61 it defaulted to AUTO, which automatically tuned where the extra ball was. Unless the feature didn't work it was not set to 3. I always had mine set to a fixed value.

Mine was auto and always did 3, despite getting it almost every single game. May be that it's adaptive or that they changed the value now.

Quoted from DNO:

Hmm, I thought this would indicate that.
Oh well.

That's for special, I think.

#169 5 years ago

Thanks, but can you also post the Pro version (if you have it handy? I could do surgery on this file to put the old game over music back.)? I tried here on my Pro and get a software/hardware mismatch.

thanks!

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Thanks, but can you also post the Pro version (if you have it handy? I could do surgery on this file to put the old game over music back.)? I tried here on my Pro and get a software/hardware mismatch.
thanks!

He has posted a couple of Pro and Prem/LE, versions if you haven’t already give the last 3 or 4 pages a flick through I’m sure there’s a couple of pro versions available.

#171 5 years ago

I just installed the movie score file. Holy cow, it's awesome! I need to adjust the mix a little, call outs are too loud, I'll figure it out tomorrow. I've installed some alternate sound files, and typically end up going back to the original. I don't see that happening here.

Thanks!

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He has posted a couple of Pro and Prem/LE, versions if you haven’t already give the last 3 or 4 pages a flick through I’m sure there’s a couple of pro versions available.

I'm asking for the Pro 1.62 version with the original TOS music for game over; this does not appear to be posted, no.

#173 5 years ago

I have a ST PRe,and if you haven't got the color LCD dmd yet ,make it so Turn around,NOW in color,wow!!!

#174 5 years ago

Ya, Zitt set me straight on the color DMD! It is an absolute must for Stern Star Trek (any model). Best mod there is for it! And it does increase machines value.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Mine was auto and always did 3, despite getting it almost every single game.

The auto worked on mine: it adapted upward further than I wanted, I think to 6, so I fixed it back down to 4.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Haven't noticed that ?

I have a Pro and it seems to wash out occasionally to a dim white or grey at places. I just assumed that was where they'd changed a graphics call. Will try to get video on it if I can.

#177 5 years ago

It goes from color to white and then back on some transitions. At this point the machine was waiting for me to launch a ball.

20180704_172233 (resized).jpg20180704_172233 (resized).jpg20180704_172245 (resized).jpg20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
#178 5 years ago

Looks like you ha e extra ball for x points instead of replay. Yep they can fix that

Quoted from minishark:

It goes from color to white and then back on some transitions. At this point the machine was waiting for me to launch a ball.

#179 5 years ago

The custom message is greyed out and so is the replay at XXXX points during attract mode. I'm pretty sure none of these things happened on the old code.

#180 5 years ago

Has anyone heard for certain that colorsmd is going to update their firmware?

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Has anyone heard for certain that colordmd is going to update their firmware?

The first step is for someone to clearly duplicate the "issues" with a repeatable troubleshooting step.
Then armed with that information; clearly document the issue with a repeatable procedure and contact colordmd's support.
https://colordmd.com/Contact.html

At this point; all I've seen are some vague "something's not right" references... but haven't actually seen clear reproduction steps. Without that information; you're unlikely to get Dmod enough info for anything to be fixed.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

I'm asking for the Pro 1.62 version with the original TOS music for game over; this does not appear to be posted, no.

Not hearing back on this yet from extendo, I went ahead and made this. I extracted the original sound file from the official Stern code, then put it into extendo's 1.62 Pro version posted above.

So this is 1.62 with movie sounds, EXCEPT the original music plays at game over, which is the Original Series theme instead of the JJ Abrams movie theme.

Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1yz7mkkhh3xlqjl/AABjjC1TAiTdx7gLxaFwmZvka/STPR0162_MovieSounds_TOS_end.bin?dl=0

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Not hearing back on this yet from extendo, I went ahead and made this. I extracted the original sound file from the official Stern code, then put it into extendo's 1.62 Pro version posted above.
So this is 1.62 with movie sounds, EXCEPT the original music plays at game over, which is the Original Series theme instead of the JJ Abrams movie theme.
Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1yz7mkkhh3xlqjl/AABjjC1TAiTdx7gLxaFwmZvka/STPR0162_MovieSounds_TOS_end.bin?dl=0

Does this work on the LE as well?...kinda like the original series music at the end too...

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Does this work on the LE as well?...kinda like the original series music at the end too...

THAT one extendo did post; scroll up there somewhere. =)

(I tried it first, wouldn't work on my Pro)

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

THAT one extendo did post; scroll up there somewhere. =)
(I tried it first, wouldn't work on my Pro)

BAMM.,.found it...think I like it best...extendo rules!!!

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Thanks, just installed it!

#187 5 years ago

Hi, question for you on the new code. What are you guys using for the sound settings to maximize this great upgrade?

Thanks Michael

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The first step is for someone to clearly duplicate the "issues" with a repeatable troubleshooting step.

Easy, just adjust game settings to award extra ball instead of replay and you'll get a non-colored screen every time the game displays the "Extra Ball at xxx"
I did already report that last year (in the ST ColorDMD thread) when they released the colorized firmware.

2 months later
#189 5 years ago

Just picked up a STPRO. Where is the Beastie Boys Mix?

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I said the same thing when I got mine. Sabotage in attract mode!!!

#191 5 years ago

Sabotage Klingon Multiball!

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

:vomit:

#193 5 years ago

I'm having an issue updating my code on STLE.
I have updated before so I know the procedure...I downloaded the new 1.62 LE file here and tried to update
and I get an error 1. I tried on several USB drives with the same results.
I then tried downloading from Stern the new 1.62 LE code and put it on stick and get the same results.
When the bin file shows on the update screen, the file name isn't matching exactly...it shows STLE011.bin
on screen when I plug in USB but the file name is STLE0162-update.bin.
I think the flash memory maybe corrupted or something.
I think the flash memory has been erased as the first step of the update process, but I am stuck on this error 1.
Can anyone suggest a path of action to continue?

Edit: When I run the verify on the game code it seems to read OK but as soon as it gets ready to proceed to
write I get the error code 1. Is there a chance that a flash chip isn't functioning?

Solution: Last nite I unplugged the pinball and removed the battery on the board and let the machine sit for half hour.
Then plugged back in and put battery back and attempted to update and it updated!
I am now back with a working machine with the latest update.

Thanks
John

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Beastie Boys’ ‘Sabotage’ makes every movie trailer better

Beastie Boys belongs in Star Trek about as well as Rod Stewart.

I rest my case.

#196 5 years ago

Holy Crap! That is the best trick ever for a movie trailer. A movie that I have not seen, and have absolutely no urge to see (Solo) looked like it would be a hell of a romp like that. If I ever make a movie, I'm licensing that song!

#197 5 years ago

Netflix's 'skip intro' button is the best invention ever when watching Enterprise.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Netflix's 'skip intro' button is the best invention ever when watching Enterprise.

100% correct.
Sadily; my google fiber Netflix app doesn't support that feature.
So I use my LG TV Netflix app which does. It's actually surprisingly good.
We have the controller read to "skip intro" when we play an episode (usually before bed).

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

I'm having an issue updating my code on STLE.
I have updated before so I know the procedure...I downloaded the new 1.62 LE file here and tried to update
and I get an error 1. I tried on several USB drives with the same results.....

The bin file name with "STLE0162-update.bin." is to long.
Delete in the file name " -update" und install it as " STLE0162.bin "

Ernoe

1 month later
#200 5 years ago

Just did this for my Premium. I dig it except for old school computer voice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.