View topic image gallery

SAM System software update (resized).JPG
412D70A0-645D-465A-BAA5-557F256351FA (resized).jpeg
20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
20180704_172233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago

BIG shout out to extendo for transferring everything over from 1.61 manually, LE code loaded and so far I haven’t noticed anything missing or not working, the 1.62 movie mix seems to be perfect!

BIG thank you extendo!

#102 5 years ago

Can't wait for the Pro version of the soundtrack + 1.62!

#103 5 years ago

Has anyone done a pro version yet?

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I believe extendo is also working on it. He has been very helpful so far.

#106 5 years ago

(to follow)

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Can't wait for the Pro version of the soundtrack + 1.62!

Quoted from BigPhil:

Guys extendo literally asked about half a dozen messages ago if anyone with a Pro would like to test the new 1.62 movie mix.

Quoted from extendo:

I have managed to export norso's custom movie sounds to the ST PRO version 1.62, would anyone like to test it out before I make the file .bin public ?
Cheers.

#108 5 years ago

Does the LE code work for a Premium version? Thanks!

#109 5 years ago

Yes the LE code works on the premium model.

#110 5 years ago

Thanks! I was just not sure if there was different code for the LE since it has to drive the LEDs on the side rails.

#111 5 years ago

How do I update to the 1.62 movie soundtrack? I downloaded the bin file to a usb and inserted it into the j15 port, but it didn't update. I must be doing something wrong?

#112 5 years ago

Flick pin 8 and start pin

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

How do I update to the 1.62 movie soundtrack? I downloaded the bin file to a usb and inserted it into the j15 port, but it didn't update. I must be doing something wrong?

did you move dip switch 8 ?

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Flick pin 8 and start pin

No, I've only ever updated my Guardians and that wasn't necessary. Do I have to be on basic 1.62 first? If not, are the steps insert the usb, flip dip switch 8, then turn on the machine?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

.....If not, are the steps insert the usb, flip dip switch 8, then turn on the machine?

Yes, yes and yes.

#116 5 years ago

loaded and sounds amazing!!!! overall volume seems lower than original though. Is there a special setting in music attenuation/ voice attenuation to balance and raise things a bit that everyone using?

#117 5 years ago

You can try Music Attenuation = -20

#118 5 years ago

I am not able to access this through dropbox. Does anyone have an alternate way to access this?

#120 5 years ago

I'll test the pro code out extendo

#121 5 years ago

Cool I'll send you a pm mate.

#122 5 years ago

I would be more then happy to test the pro version out at league play tonight as I will be loading the new code anyway on it. If you have the .bin file let me know. Thanks!!!

#123 5 years ago

has anyone experienced a bug on the new code where lighting your torpedoes but the button doesnt work to fire them unless you light another set of missiles or drain? Happened at least 3 or 4 times on the new code on an LE at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown Tournament.

they couldnt recreate it with the glass off at the tournament. What happened to both Escher and myself we had played a Klingon Multiball prior to trying to use the missiles so we dont know if that had an impact. It happened once to Escher and twice to me and at least one other person mentioned it but they didnt call over a TD.

Makes me second guess updating if they introduced new bugs.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I would be more then happy to test the pro version out at league play tonight as I will be loading the new code anyway on it. If you have the .bin file let me know. Thanks!!!

To ezy, I've sent you a pm.

#125 5 years ago

Tested for four games. All missions and everything seems good. Thanks for the effort extendo

#126 5 years ago

Need to. Install this soon. Thanks.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

has anyone experienced a bug on the new code where lighting your torpedoes but the button doesnt work to fire them unless you light another set of missiles or drain? Happened at least 3 or 4 times on the new code on an LE at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown Tournament.
they couldnt recreate it with the glass off at the tournament. What happened to both Escher and myself we had played a Klingon Multiball prior to trying to use the missiles so we dont know if that had an impact. It happened once to Escher and twice to me and at least one other person mentioned it but they didnt call over a TD.
Makes me second guess updating if they introduced new bugs.

I think it's a rare bug generally - or rare for me.

I got it the first 2 games I turned the machine on when I received it. First I thought maybe it was normal, then I smelled a rat on game 2.

Power cycled it, and haven't *noticed* that it happened since, about 70 games later.

Haven't tried 1.62 yet.

#128 5 years ago

So, is the movie music LE version good to go?

#129 5 years ago

Thank you. I downloaded the .rar file onto my usb but for some reason it wasn’t recognized when trying to upload onto STLE ( yes I flipped switch 8, etc). Is the .rar file what I want to upload?

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Thank you. I downloaded the .rar file onto my usb but for some reason it wasn’t recognized when trying to upload onto STLE ( yes I flipped switch 8, etc). Is the .rar file what I want to upload?

No, You need to unzip it first to the BIN file. Then load the .BIN file onto the usb. The machine will read it then

#131 5 years ago

Everything seems good with the pro version of 1.62 but the end of game music sounds stock to me. Was that the case with 1.61 version? I didn't previously have it.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa629knjz3wtjxr/Edited%20with%20162%20movie%20sounds.rar?dl=0
Who wants to try this, 1.62 with the 1.61 custom movie sounds.
I've manually moved all the movie sounds one by one.
Let me know if there is anything missing or needs fixing.
Cheers

Quoted from extendo:

I have managed to export norso's custom movie sounds to the ST PRO version 1.62, would anyone like to test it out before I make the file .bin public ?
Cheers.

I'd like to try, please!

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Everything seems good with the pro version of 1.62 but the end of game music sounds stock to me. Was that the case with 1.61 version? I didn't previously have it.

The 1.61 version that I patched myself had different music for end of game. I think the later version that was posted on the 1.61 thread and hosted elsewhere had the stock EOG music somehow.

I can try the Pro code out as well if more testers needed, but I'm guessing it's close.

Great work extendo I was looking at 1.62 using pinball browser, the call outs are all moved around. I'm sure a whole bunch of work on your part

#134 5 years ago

No probs, sent you both a pm.

#135 5 years ago

Thanks extendo. Going to load the LE version on my game now.

#136 5 years ago

jesperpark thanks for replying via pm also to mate.

The end music has been added to the 1.62 Pro and Prem/LE codes also if anyone is interested.

- LE https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2rrn6eygvgchwf/STLE0162_Movie_Sounds.bin?dl=0
- PRO https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8yfp9jizecivit/STPR0162_custom_movie.bin?dl=0

#137 5 years ago

YES!! Thanks man. I'll update tonight

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

The end music has been added to the 1.62 Pro and Prem/LE codes also if anyone is interested.

Awesome man, thanks for the hard work no way it could have been that easy with all the callouts moved around.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Great spot Phil!

#140 5 years ago

Now that extendo has been good enough to help us out, I am sure most of you know the update process but for those that need it, here is what I have:

1) Enter the Service Menu: "UTIL/USB"
2) Insert a USB memory stick formatted to FAT32
3) Select "BKUP"
4) System will check for sufficient memory on the stick and then start the backup
5) Receive a successful "GAME CODE IMAGE SAVED" message
6) Exit out of the Service Menu
7) Save off the backup to a PC somewhere and clear out USB drive
8) Download the code, should have .BIN as file type
9) Make sure you have a USB drive formatted as FAT32 (default) and copy BIN file to it.
10) With game on, open your backbox and locate the bank of dip switches. Change switch 8 (the top one) to ON.
11) Hit the white button above the dip switches to reboot the game
12) Hit the SELECT button (black button inside coin door)
13) Hit SELECT again when prompted
14) Insert USB drive into USB slot on CPU board
15) Follow prompts to run the update.
16) Remove USB drive
17) Set switch 8 back to OFF
18) Hit SELECT to reboot the game (or power cycle the game)

#141 5 years ago

Badass, Thank You Sir! Will do this Friday

#142 5 years ago

I installed the movie music LE firmware, it is really awesome. Anyone who has a Star Trek should check it out. I liked the regular music that came with the game, thought it was fine. But the movie music is much more epic, with my external sub, feels like a whole new game. I'm looking forward to playing all the modes to check everything out.

Great job you guys who figured this out.

#143 5 years ago

Edit: Oops wrong Clip

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Okay just because I was bored and Pinball Browser can export sounds, I give you the Kahnnnnn voice used from the game code
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wky45zbmu2ei88/Kahn%20sound.wav?dl=0
Or is it Kaiiiiii

That sounds like the Chris Pine clip.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That sounds like the Chris Pine clip.

right. You need Khan (Cumberbunch) saying his own name.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Extendo - can you (re)publish the version with the original (TOS) music, instead of the movie music, for the post-game audio? I really love the original theme music here.

thank you!

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

If I upgrade to 1.62 do I lose my 1.61 movie soundtrack?

Does someone have a pin browser alternate version for this I never realized? Appreciate a PM with a download link. Still feeling the love for my Trek.

Edit: I just saw a post 6 back. You guys rock!

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from johnstewart:

Extendo - can you (re)publish the version with the original (TOS) music, instead of the movie music, for the post-game audio? I really love the original theme music here.
thank you!

That was my version, if someone can update it to 1.62 or improve upon it I can send it out to them, just send me a pm.

#149 5 years ago

Updated, thanks for all the efforts.

Still sounds like "My name is KAI." to me.

Also, I like the new Game Over music.

#150 5 years ago

Awesome!!
Much better than original IMO.
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.