Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Vyzer2
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180704_172245 (resized).jpg
20180704_172233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180701_173820 (resized).jpg
IMG_2354 (resized).JPG
FD20E733-6978-4937-8643-5446FD423F90 (resized).jpeg

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 1 year ago

I hear Kai sometimes and Kahn sometimes, kinda weird.

#52 1 year ago

Better late than never ...

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

If I upgrade to 1.62 do I lose my 1.61 movie soundtrack?

This is the only thing keeping me from doing it

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This is the only thing keeping me from doing it

Norso did a lot of hard work for the movie sound track, but I think we can export the music to a file and re-add it to the new code, I been looking at it, I notice some new sounds at the end when the elevator opens to "match" the numbers, anyone else listen to the files?

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Level II is the same as level I unless there are 2 fix light shots If i am right.
I always have the feeling I am shooting the same shots whatever the mode, whatever the level with only slight variation.
This feeling is raised by the fact there are numerous modes and the more you play the more I feel doing the same and got bored quickly.

What you are saying is just factually wrong. The modes are incredibly varied once you learn the rules. Some of the level 2 and 3 modes are very interesting. Even the level one modes are mostly varied. DTD: left most 2 shots lit, as you fail to hit lit shots, new shots are added to the right. As you hit shots they reduce to the left. Is very different from. STE: randomly either the left half of the playfield or right have of the playfield is lit. PD: all shots are lit, as you hit them they turn off. If you hit them all, or after a timer they relight. Are all these modes hit flashing shot, yes. Are they the same no.

I think the true difference between modes in TWD and modes in ST is that ST the modes score linearly and TWD they score superlinear. As you hit barn, the value of the next barn shot raises a lot, each progressive shot get's more exciting. Throw in a strategic X and boom! Excitement. ST the modes don't really give you huge payout. Some like Galactic Spinner are a little more directly valuable, but really they progress to delayed rewards. Captain's chair and the mini wizard modes. The Medal meltdown is exciting, but is earning a gold medal during the mode is not exciting.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

What you are saying is just factually wrong. The modes are incredibly varied once you learn the rules. Some of the level 2 and 3 modes are very interesting.

Quoted from imharrow:

As you hit barn, the value of the next barn shot raises a lot, each progressive shot get's more exciting. Throw in a strategic X and boom! Excitement. ST the modes don't really give you huge payout.

I'm glad I read to the end before making my rebuttal of the premise that ST's modes aren't varied. This ^^^^^^
And ditto to the opinion that while ST's modes ARE varied, they are not very exciting to play.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More
I think you’re saying ST is boring. That i agree with. But it does get better when you take the time to understand some of he nuances of the code. It’s still a grind, but more interesting. A good game to have along with brutal games like TWD.

I’m not right, i’m not wrong, just personal feeling.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

More
What you are saying is just factually wrong. The modes are incredibly varied once you learn the rules. Some of the level 2 and 3 modes are very interesting. Even the level one modes are mostly varied. DTD: left most 2 shots lit, as you fail to hit lit shots, new shots are added to the right. As you hit shots they reduce to the left. Is very different from. STE: randomly either the left half of the playfield or right have of the playfield is lit. PD: all shots are lit, as you hit them they turn off. If you hit them all, or after a timer they relight. Are all these modes hit flashing shot, yes. Are they the same no.
I think the true difference between modes in TWD and modes in ST is that ST the modes score linearly and TWD they score superlinear. As you hit barn, the value of the next barn shot raises a lot, each progressive shot get's more exciting. Throw in a strategic X and boom! Excitement. ST the modes don't really give you huge payout. Some like Galactic Spinner are a little more directly valuable, but really they progress to delayed rewards. Captain's chair and the mini wizard modes. The Medal meltdown is exciting, but is earning a gold medal during the mode is not exciting.

Sorry but what means DTD, STE, PD?

Yes TWD modes are really exciting to play, an adrenaline rush.
Who played the level III wizard mode? It is impossible in 3 balls.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It sounds like "Kai" without a doubt to me also.

Yanny or Laurel ...
Which one is it ?

Stern Marketing

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

More
Sorry but what means DTD, STE, PD?
Yes TWD modes are really exciting to play, an adrenaline rush.
Who played the level III wizard mode? It is impossible in 3 balls.

Destroy the Drill
Save the Enterprise
Prime Directive.

modes in Star Trek

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It sounds like "Kai" without a doubt to me also.

Yup, can’t unhear Kai. Kinda like TAF has a callout from ‘Tish that sounds like Dumbass instead of Gomez.

#62 1 year ago

I loaded Norso's marcos (movie music files) over to the new code on the LE version, testing now.

***Some BAD news didn't work, the songs have moved script call locations will have to edit the songs 1by1 to match the older 1.61 unless someone can assist, pretty new at this so learn as I go.

#63 1 year ago

Can you uploaded the edited ( movie ) 1.61 LE code please so that I can take a closer look at it.

Thanks.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I hear Kai sometimes and Kahn sometimes, kinda weird.

Well ... when he screams out Khaaaaan!!!, to me it sounds just like an Australian slowly drawling “c******nt!!” ...like they do. Quite often! A very vulgar race of people.

So that’s what I hear.

An Aussie saying “C*********ntttt!!!!”

Believe it .... or not ....

(It’s true)

You can’t unhear that now.

rd

#65 1 year ago

Hey c************t what did you say

#67 1 year ago

Brilliant thank you, check your pm mate and let me know what you think of it.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Hey c************t what did you say

See! Told ya!

rd

#69 1 year ago

Does anyone know of any other older games Stern may be working on? Iron Man would be awesome to see get a code update, for example, if it were ever an option.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does anyone know of any other older games Stern may be working on? Iron Man would be awesome to see get a code update, for example, if it were ever an option.

Iron man has now been archived with no more updates planned.

#72 1 year ago

If everyone including myself doesn’t want to loose the Movie soundtrack with the new update, maybe we could all ask cleland if he is willing to work his TWD and GOTG magic on ST for us, could all throw him a few bucks to make it worth his time and as a group thank you!?

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If everyone including myself doesn’t want to loose the Movie soundtrack with the new update

Which movie soundtrack version?
This has been changed to 1.62 (0165)

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Iron man has now been archived with no more updates planned

Yes, but it is a Lyman Sheets game. Just because Stern isn’t allocating more resources or time to it doesn’t necessarily mean Lyman might not be working on it anyway.

If it were any other programmers at Stern I’d have no hope, but as a Lyman game there is always a chance for a shocker code update.

#75 1 year ago

Is the movie soundtrack gone with this new update? I updated two days ago and my wife is complaining the music is gone and wants to go back to the old software.

#76 1 year ago

Ok, looks like I’m late to the party, we just got this machine a month ago and I didn’t realize we had some special software with the movie soundtrack added. Is there a way to go back to the old software and where do I download it? Or just wait until someone augments this new software?

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, but it is a Lyman Sheets game. Just because Stern isn’t allocating more resources or time to it doesn’t necessarily mean Lyman might not be working on it anyway.
If it were any other programmers at Stern I’d have no hope, but as a Lyman game there is always a chance for a shocker code update.

Wasn’t TWD archived on Sterns site when Lyman dropped the surprise code update a couple months back? Pretty sure The Avengers was archived when that got its last update.

#78 1 year ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa629knjz3wtjxr/Edited%20with%20162%20movie%20sounds.rar?dl=0

Who wants to try this, 1.62 with the 1.61 custom movie sounds.

I've manually moved all the movie sounds one by one.

Let me know if there is anything missing or needs fixing.

Cheers

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn’t TWD archived on Sterns site when Lyman dropped the surprise code update a couple months back? Pretty sure The Avengers was archived when that got its last update.

Avengers was in desperate need of it, from what I can gather.

It's no secret that Lyman loves TWD / AC/DC / Metallica. Hence probably why he's done and continues to do so much more work on them than Stern likely required.

Not sure about Iron Man.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Never once heard him say kai. It's always khan. Whats happening here?

"Kai" is all I've ever heard out of of my game. Now that you mention it, it does kind of sound like "Kahn" with an Aussie accent though.

#81 1 year ago

I love how this code took 10 seconds to download and Batman takes 15 Minutes!

#82 1 year ago

Ok ....just saw this.....if I have an HUO LE, am I losing something by updating code?.......confused w the " movie clips" reference....is this a PB browser thing? Sorry for my ignorance...I always update code when available....what am I missing?

#83 1 year ago

Many have changed their music over to the movie soundtrack, see thread below...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video

#84 1 year ago

Ahh....thanks....suspected as much....fun stuff!!!

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ahh....thanks....suspected as much....fun stuff!!!

We all need to thank nosro cuz it adds sooooo much to the enjoyment of an already great game!

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

We all need to thank nosro cuz it adds sooooo much to the enjoyment of an already great game!

Agreed!!!! heard a couple of the YouTube vids, and sounds amazing.....I will now en-devour on this add.....

Added 15 months ago:

"endeavor"....good grief

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

"Kai" is all I've ever heard out of of my game. Now that you mention it, it does kind of sound like "Kahn" with an Aussie accent though.

All I here is "Kai"

#88 1 year ago

Really reassuring to see Stern make this code update for us. Star Trek has great code but was always filled with bugs and this addressed many of those. I guess this was one of those surprises they reference in the astern of the union addresses. I wonder what other surprises may be in store for us.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I wonder what other surprises may be in store for us.

I’m guessing none.

Maybe an Australian code version that does actually say “c******nnnnnnnnnnnttttttt!!”

It’d be like being in any Aussie pub any hour of any day of the week lollll

rd

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like laurel to me.

When playing multiplayer I hear eg, player two still up, wife hears step up

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

All I here is "Kai"

I hear Khan every time, maybe it’s feequency of the sound clip like that yanny or laurel thing?

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Maybe an Australian code version that does actually say “c******nnnnnnnnnnnttttttt!!”

And the NZ version is actually just saying “can’t”.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

All I here is "Kai" [YouTube video]

Yep there you go - "Kai" clear as a bell for me. Per the latest Head2Head podcast, Marty apparently agrees with Ryan C that the game says "Kahn", but he seems to also base this somewhat on the fact that the character's name is Kahn in the movie. Although I agree that this would make sense (and I clearly hear "Kahn" in the movie), it doesn't change the fact that he pronounces it as "Kai" in the game's audio clip.

#94 1 year ago

I think the voice gets a little muddied. I listened to the voice call out using Pinball Browser, and I hear Kahn. But in the game the music comes back in louder at a bad point and seems to make it sound like "Kai" to me. Either that or because I'm using home theater speakers with Pinball browser

#95 1 year ago

Following, for the movie soundtrack code.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa629knjz3wtjxr/Edited%20with%20162%20movie%20sounds.rar?dl=0
Who wants to try this, 1.62 with the 1.61 custom movie sounds.
I've manually moved all the movie sounds one by one.
Let me know if there is anything missing or needs fixing.
Cheers

Quoted from mavantix:

Following, for the movie soundtrack code.

extendo posted the code 1.62 with movie sound/music 3 days ago!!!

you only need the bin file, however I think it downloads all 3 files no matter what I did.

#97 1 year ago

I have managed to export norso's custom movie sounds to the ST PRO version 1.62, would anyone like to test it out before I make the file .bin public ?

Cheers.

#98 1 year ago

Now I’m hearing Kai too damit!

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

I have managed to export norso's custom movie sounds to the ST PRO version 1.62, would anyone like to test it out before I make the file .bin public ?
Cheers.

I've got an LE....lmk which files to try...thanks for tour efforts!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Miami Shores, FL
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside