gc.JPG
images (2).jpg
20150318_194153.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg
image-913.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
startrek.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PlayPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 9 years ago

Installed 1.6 last night on my LE. Love the new code so far, adds much excitement to the game. The medal awards rock, great sound effect. Hearing new quotes. Kahn says some cool things during various vengence battles now but is very hard to hear. Almost in a whisper something about humans needing oxygen.....etc. I think billion point scores are now in reach with this game, very cool.
As for bugs noticed so far: laser chase lights not working in multiball on my LE, do work in attract mode. The insert chase lamp effect is gone now when launching ball with punch it button? I dont see the sling LED lamps lighting either on mine during play. Anyone else notice these on LE?
Is there anyway to increase volume on Kahn with the browser while not increasing already loud quotes like most Bones callouts?
I think this update(with a few fixes) will make the wait worth it for owners though! Well done Stern and many thanks!

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Many of the crew combo callouts are a whisper too and they rarely, if ever play out during a mission.
Rob

Hearing more from the crew(except for more Bones) was something I was hoping for in the update too.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I heard one quote from Khan where he says "I would step on your rotting corpses to help my friends". This game has really been polished up.

As Captain Kirk said I think it is "step over....." I heard that one too last night, very cool. So far have not heard repeats from Bones during Vengence battles either which is very nice. I know I have heard other new crew quotes during play but can't put my finger on where right now. You can't have too many new callouts! They really get your attention when you have not heard them before. Looking forward to some more play after work tonight.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Hehe, I was just thrilled to hear new quotes. Thks for the correction.

Sorry, not trying to correct you so much as just agree that that was a cool new quote. Really like the new polish to Vengence battles! The Dots make goal & progress on Vengence much more clear. Got to level 3 and started "drop dead" battle but drained before I could knock the drop down.

Speaking of new quotes, the ones during attract mode by pushing a flipper are all new. I don't recognize any of them from the movies either. I think all are custom speech by various crew members. One I heard from Klingon said something about "rewarding you with death for...something something." Amusing anyway.

#256 9 years ago

Any opinions yet on whether making shots in modes or going for A.T. goal is more lucrative? Seems like since A.T. lights with a single shot, immed. ends mode upon completion of A.T. goal, and awards a gold...the A.T. must be more lucrative?

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Away team can score much more points which in turn increases your kobayashi shot scoring. I got a 60M prime directive 1 last night in galactic lanes and a 58M on galactic spinner.

Seem like it would be too easy for some A.T. goals such as DTD with only a single shot to the Vengence to be fairly balanced vs making all those mission shots?

If you make all mission shots though won't you end up with more medals in the end(since you would collect bronze & silver also along the way to the gold)? I assume you only get golds if you immed. go for the A.T. goal. So at Kobayashi you could have(up to) 18 medals(mission goals) vs. 6(max) by doing A.T goals? If this is true: than depending on the scoring weight of the extra medals it may be more lucrative to go after mission shots to get all medals.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Not completely. I still see it when launching a ball into the mission for the first time - subsequent launches don't have the effect.

Interesting...I'm going to check mine tonight. I do know that in 1.5 all ball launches via punch it button had that cool effect though. Either way it needs to be put back into the new code.....Please!

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I assume if you get a Gold, you also get a Silver and Bronze automatically.

That is certainly is one of he key questions to this, I'm not sure.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Up to 16. But that's close enough.

Isn't it 3 medals(bronze, silver, gold) possible per mission? So for level 1: 3 x 6 = 18?
and 18 total missions in game so: 3 x 18 = 54 (max for all levels)?

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Stupid question but when you guys talk about vengeance 3 how do I achieve this? Completing all L3 modes? Thanks.

Just keep fighting the Vengence, has nothing to do with mission progress. So Vengence 3 is just the 3rd time you battle the Vengence. Vengence 1, 2, and 3 are all different though...

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from sto:

Yes and they added a "sudden death" shoot the vengeance 4 or 5 times, than the drop target comes up, you have to shoot it and then you have a few seconds to shoot the vengeance again and get 10% of your score, what is a great idea imho. Really challenging ist to double this shot
If you don't do it in time the target goes up again and you can retry

Yes this is a great new addition to the code! I found out it was harder than I thought. The sudden death feature is very cool. I thought I saw somewhere that this can be even more than 10% of your score(like 20,30,40)? If even 10% can be doubled this can have huge implications to game scores.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Guys bug fix update is on sterns website! he added a new feature for the LE/Prem guys
V1.61 – 03 / 19 / 2015
======================
1. Fix - Warp ramp exit was playing sounds in test, game over, et cetera.
2. Fix - Game Audit #39, KLINGON M.B. DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOTS, was too long to fit on the screen.
3. Fix - When level III missions timed out and then restarted their resume data was not getting cleared. You could create a situation where the mission would start on the next ball with 0 shots left.
4. Added - Background apron lamps during double scoring.

Excellent! I wonder if they know that the laser chase lights for the LE's are not working at all in multiball? Mine worked with 1.5 but only in attract on 1.6. Very welcome how fast fixes are coming in....

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes, but the maximum you can get for Kobayashi is 48. You can get 3 medals per mode for 5x3 modes and then 3 for the 6th L1 mode. 51 for Enterprise Amok and 54 for 5 Year Mission. But good luck with that.
And don't forget to start double scoring first for an effective 96, 102 or 108 medals.

Interesting.....a bit more complicated than I thought. Does double scoring start at 9.1 or 9.9, been so long I can't remember?

#285 9 years ago

Very nice! I see there is an adjustment in 1.6 for 2X scoring time - default is 60sec. I don't plan on increasing this though. I think it would be cool to be able to add some time during 2X via the B.H. target though.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Don't forget about the hidden bonus gold medal

Cool....thank you for not spelling out too much here, would have been a spoiler. Nice to know there are some Easter eggs to look for though!

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Bump for my question. Does anyone know what this means:
"21. Added - Grace to top lane change"
Either my question is so dumb and obvious that no one wants to answer it, or you all don't know.

Probably compensates for sort of a stale lane change move? I don't know...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PlayPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-16-code-is-live?tu=PlayPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.