gc.JPG
images (2).jpg
20150318_194153.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg
image-913.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
startrek.jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

But.....do level II and III medals count towards a level 1 based KM wizard mode?
And if they do, can they be re-used for EA or 5 year mission?

Yes and Yes

#202 9 years ago

That would make the case for trying to go deep and coming back up.

#203 9 years ago

Best light show in pinball! It's a new game, can't believe how much better the game is now! WARP 9!!

#204 9 years ago

I just updated and was blown away! The medals are awesome - makes much more sense now. You can hit the away team right away and move through L1 missions much faster now. I didn't reach L2 but got the KM wizard mode and finished with a double drain but put up 211M! The only adjustment I made was change the replay from a credit to an EB.

The LE lights have really come to life and the G-Rated Speech option made my wife happy. I did still hear "you killed those Klingon bastards" during KM but it's much much better. The game plays much smoother and maybe someday I'll get to the 5 year mission (doubt it).

I'm really happy! Thanks Steve R and the whole Stern Team. You nailed it!

#205 9 years ago

The music in the video is my custom file (ST0161)

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I just updated and was blown away! The medals are awesome - makes much more sense now. You can hit the away team right away and move through L1 missions much faster now. I didn't reach L2 but got the KM wizard mode and finished with a double drain but put up 211M! The only adjustment I made was change the replay from a credit to an EB.
The LE lights have really come to life and the G-Rated Speech option made my wife happy. I did still hear "you killed those Klingon bastards" during KM but it's much much better. The game plays much smoother and maybe someday I'll get to the 5 year mission (doubt it).
I'm really happy! Thanks Steve R and the whole Stern Team. You nailed it!

Bastard is not a bad word. It just means that Klingon's parents weren't married.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Bastard is not a bad word. It just means that Klingon's parents weren't married.

My brother is a bastard.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Of course, someone with the name "Trekkie1978" may be a bit biased ...

LOL

#209 9 years ago

Where did the original music during the victory laps for defeating the Vengeance go?

They just need to go back and have the old light show for when the missions started, doesn't seem to be the same for all, unless they did this on purpose.

I can't see the next code update being anymore than just a final touchup.

I do like how the "away team" shot is better integrated into the game. It flows so much better than it did with any of the older codes.

#210 9 years ago

My VUK on my LE spat the ball out like the pro today I went for the warp skill shot it missed the upper flipper then it rolled down to lower right flipper then I hit the saucer and then it pushed it out like the pro interesting.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

The music in the video is my custom file (ST0161)

I wish you'd said that in your original post. I was very confused how they totally changed the music. I must say it's very nice but I prefer the original music more.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I say we all pitch-in to pay him to write some Cannon Code for ACDC!

Not me, I don't have the game. But I would for ST.

#213 9 years ago

What's the item in the read me file about providing grace to the lanes?

#214 9 years ago

Wow. Have you played ST lately!

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

My VUK on my LE spat the ball out like the pro today I went for the warp skill shot it missed the upper flipper then it rolled down to lower right flipper then I hit the saucer and then it pushed it out like the pro interesting.

That is interesting. I was hoping they would utilize this feature.

#216 9 years ago

man i just played a game with the new code, love the medal awards, the game is definitely better, more complete, thanks steve.

#217 9 years ago

Waiting...

20150318_194153.jpg20150318_194153.jpg
#218 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I just played about 10 games and there are some great changes. I did notice 2 times when I hit the start button to begin a new game it instantly chose my mission, not a chance to cycle thru them??

I am having the same issue. For me it is the DROP target. When I hit START the drop target does a double jump before it stays in the UP position therefore causing a point to score and I can not select a mission . That is most likely your issue. Any cool Pinside member want to PM me with a link to how to (FIX STERN DROP TAERGETS with a small washer fix ). Did a search can not find it . Thanks a Million .

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Any cool Pinside member want to PM me with a link to how to (FIX STERN DROP TAERGETS with a small washer fix ). Did a search can not find it . Thanks a Million .

Here you go ...

http://sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

#220 9 years ago

Man how frustrating waiting forever for code and now my warp shot only registers every other shot, must have some kind of opto issue or something. Did pretty well considering I hit the warp shot probably around 30 times and it only registered 10 times in the game, lol... The scoring does seem to be higher for sure as I came relatively close to beating my HS and did not complete modes to get to EA. 390m on no extra ball settings.

#221 9 years ago

Been on vacation. Hopefully will check this out tomorrow. very excited.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Man how frustrating waiting forever for code and now my warp shot only registers every other shot, must have some kind of opto issue or something. Did pretty well considering I hit the warp shot probably around 30 times and it only registered 10 times in the game, lol... The scoring does seem to be higher for sure as I came relatively close to beating my HS and did not complete modes to get to EA. 390m on no extra ball settings.

mine is doing same... not sure what that is, I may have tweak that opto, its failed in my game before but obviously works...

#223 9 years ago

Wow, you can really rack up the bonus points now! Those points were barely meaningful in 1.5. Increasing the bonus multiplier really adds up in 1.6.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

mine is doing same... not sure what that is, I may have tweak that opto, its failed in my game before but obviously works...

Glad I am not the only one but it can't be a code issue or else many people would be complaining. If I figure it out how to fix it will let you know

#225 9 years ago

First time my Vengeance multi-ball ever worked correctly. I was twisting wires, trying not to hold the flipper buttons too long, adding physical shielding, swapping opto boards, even standing on one leg (okay maybe not the last) but nothing ever released the first ball on vengeance multiball mode. Bam, all is good now... I guess all the debate threads over if it was a hardware or software problem have been answered. Thank you Stern for completing an already awesome table!!!!

#226 9 years ago

I have not had any issues with the update other than the kb3 bug. Love the changes. Points seem to add up fast when playing well. I love the audio and led light shows when getting medals and bonus points. Another huge thumbs up is for more information on the display and better direction on where to shoot/what to do. In the past update, I sometimes had no idea what I was supposed to do - especially when I was learning the rules.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am having the same issue. For me it is the DROP target. When I hit START the drop target does a double jump before it stays in the UP position therefore causing a point to score and I can not select a mission . That is most likely your issue. Any cool Pinside member want to PM me with a link to how to (FIX STERN DROP TAERGETS with a small washer fix ). Did a search can not find it . Thanks a Million .

Did your Vengeance MB get fixed?

#228 9 years ago

Does Galactic Vengeance do anything other then end Space Jump with one shot?
And why is that a good thing if it skips all your medals?

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Noticed this as well

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I believe the release notes state that Galactic Vengeance automatically awards the next medal level so you are at least guaranteed a bronze. If you want gold, you will need to at least have a silver medal before shooting the AT . I might have done the rule differently and awarded a medal on how fast you complete the mode (or how much time is left). 0-15 is bronze, 15-30 is silver and above 30 is gold.

Rob

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I believe the release notes state that Galactic Vengeance automatically awards the next medal level so you are at least guaranteed a bronze. If you want gold, you will need to at least have a silver medal before shooting the AT . I might have done the rule differently and awarded a medal on how fast you complete the mode (or how much time is left). 0-15 is bronze, 15-30 is silver and above 30 is gold.
Rob

Thanks.
I could not wrap my head around the behavior of Galactic vengeance.
The way it is now, unless we are missing something. It is a Galactic mode to avoid.
One bad shot and you are screwed out of medals.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

The way it is now, unless we are missing something. It is a Galactic mode to avoid.
One bad shot and you are screwed out of medals.

It just means you have to play Space Jump differently. Rack up 6 shots and hit AT for the final shot for gold. That's great, anything that makes the modes feel and play differently is a big plus to me.

Away Team really helped the game a lot when it was introduced for that reason alone.

It's even better now because it starts after 1 shot, so it's in play way more.

Then stack the medals on top of that, and make Space Jump have a special medal earning mode? Excellent.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It just means you have to play Space Jump differently. Rack up 6 shots and hit AT for the final shot for gold. That's great, anything that makes the modes feel and play differently is a big plus to me.
Away Team really helped the game a lot when it was introduced for that reason alone.
It's even better now because it starts after 1 shot, so it's in play way more.
Then stack the medals on top of that, and make Space Jump have a special medal earning mode? Excellent.

Interesting.
This game has really become a thing of beauty.

#234 9 years ago

Thanks to Stern and all their guys working on this and also a big thanks to the Pinsiders who have been pushing for this for so long and helping to explain the new features. My LE just feels like a completely different game now. I am looking forward to discovering all the changes and additions. If Stern can keep this up I may be now open to future games.

#235 9 years ago

wonderful

images (2).jpgimages (2).jpg
#236 9 years ago

Are the sling flashers working? In test they work but I can't catch them flashing lol at what point do they flash

#237 9 years ago

I don't think they're working in game... next update ??

#238 9 years ago

I've seen them flash at times, they light up the playfield brightly. Pay attention to when you win medals, because that seems to trigger all flashers.

#239 9 years ago

Work has been so crazy I haven't even had a chance to download it yet. Hopefully will get some time on it this weekend, sounds like a great update.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Quoted from ZEN:

Try to re-seat the connector for the opto below the playfield. They are known to make weak contact and cause intermittent issues.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from lynn32839:

My LE just feels like a completely different game now. I am looking forward to discovering all the changes and additions.

Totally agree that it feels like a different game; amazing to me how integral the rule set is to the feel of the game play.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Work has been so crazy I haven't even had a chance to download it yet.

Totally know that feeling - I got lucky and was able to be at home (albeit very briefly) between business trips just long enough to install and play a couple of games.

#243 9 years ago

Installed 1.6 last night on my LE. Love the new code so far, adds much excitement to the game. The medal awards rock, great sound effect. Hearing new quotes. Kahn says some cool things during various vengence battles now but is very hard to hear. Almost in a whisper something about humans needing oxygen.....etc. I think billion point scores are now in reach with this game, very cool.
As for bugs noticed so far: laser chase lights not working in multiball on my LE, do work in attract mode. The insert chase lamp effect is gone now when launching ball with punch it button? I dont see the sling LED lamps lighting either on mine during play. Anyone else notice these on LE?
Is there anyway to increase volume on Kahn with the browser while not increasing already loud quotes like most Bones callouts?
I think this update(with a few fixes) will make the wait worth it for owners though! Well done Stern and many thanks!

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Installed 1.6 last night on my LE. Love the new code so far, adds much excitement to the game. The medal awards rock, great sound effect. Hearing new quotes. Kahn says some cool things during various vengence battles now but is very hard to hear. Almost in a whisper something about humans needing oxygen.....etc. I think billion point scores are now in reach with this game, very cool.
As for bugs noticed so far: laser chase lights not working in multiball on my LE, do work in attract mode. The insert chase lamp effect is gone now when launching ball with punch it button? I dont see the sling LED lamps lighting either on mine during play. Anyone else notice these on LE?
Is there anyway to increase volume on Kahn with the browser while not increasing already loud quotes like most Bones callouts?
I think this update(with a few fixes) will make the wait worth it for owners though! Well done Stern and many thanks!

Many of the crew combo callouts are a whisper too and they rarely, if ever play out during a mission.

Rob

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Many of the crew combo callouts are a whisper too and they rarely, if ever play out during a mission.
Rob

Hearing more from the crew(except for more Bones) was something I was hoping for in the update too.

#246 9 years ago

Played my first games with the new code. Seriously this game has really been transformed. The new sounds, lights, medals, away team....very well done. Like how they award bonus when you get to kobyashi mb with the medal count awarding some great bonus. I heard one quote from Khan where he says "I would step on your rotting corpses to help my friends". This game has really been polished up.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Played my first games with the new code. Seriously this game has really been transformed. The new sounds, lights, medals, away team....very well done. Like how they award bonus when you get to kobyashi mb with the medal count awarding some great bonus. I heard one quote from Khan where he says "I would step on your rotting corpses to help my friends". This game has really been polished up.

Step over you cold corpses....

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I heard one quote from Khan where he says "I would step on your rotting corpses to help my friends". This game has really been polished up.

As Captain Kirk said I think it is "step over....." I heard that one too last night, very cool. So far have not heard repeats from Bones during Vengence battles either which is very nice. I know I have heard other new crew quotes during play but can't put my finger on where right now. You can't have too many new callouts! They really get your attention when you have not heard them before. Looking forward to some more play after work tonight.

#249 9 years ago

Hehe, I was just thrilled to hear new quotes. Thks for the correction.

#250 9 years ago

ok...scoring has improved

gc.JPGgc.JPG

wow, new code rocks! So much scoring strategies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-16-code-is-live/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.