gc.JPG
images (2).jpg
20150318_194153.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg
image-913.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
startrek.jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 9 years ago

Here is my new video with the new Stern Star Trek pinball. Thank you Steve Ritchie and Stern Team for the update! Is it GREAT!

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now for all you guys with LE... are ALL your lights working now?

I don't think so... The SlingShot LEDs still don't seem to operate in the three or so games I played. It didn't look like the asteroid lites either.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

Here is my new video with the new Stern Star Trek pinball. Thank you Steve Ritchie and Stern Team for the update! Is it GREAT!
» YouTube video

Good work, thanks

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

» YouTube video

Nice game bud

#155 9 years ago

Wow, that is an impressive list of fixes and features!
My number 1 fix was already in 1.51:
2. Fix - Nero II bug where shots were not re-lighting properly.
Now I may be able to complete all level II missions!

Also glad to see that the Warp optos un-wanted contact closure could be resolved by software...

I wonder why though, they did't release some intermediate versio
ns along the way... my biggest frustration was already resolved in 1.51 October 2014!

anyway.. cant wait to play it this weekend

#156 9 years ago

after a test is a homerun.
kobayashi pays well now.
Level 3 top vengeance.
x2 + combo scoring well considered.
succeeded in reaching amok, already much more understandable, just the finite level 1 blue, after stdm
249 million for a small amok but many medals.
score of 875 million at the end of Level 2.

great job team stern

#157 9 years ago

I believe this code update sent the game to a new level,has a whole different vibe to it,just a whole lot of work went into this update,

More than I expected and Darn glad I stayed the corse

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Somewhere between 10 and 15 would be my guess.

Trade Your pro in for an LE and You might give it top 5 rating. Code is great and light show is freakin' amazing!!!

#159 9 years ago

On my LE I've caught the side rail lights flashing a lot more:

-Photon torpedoes
-Ball locks

Flashes go off in the backbox and astroids now a lot. The light show overall on the LE is very intense.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It didn't look like the asteroid lites either.

I saw mine go off, but it's not as obvious as you'd expect. I'm thinking of replacing with brighter red flashers.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

I played a few games on the new code and it was really fun. I had a couple of weird things happen on my first ball in both games I got the end of ball bonus before I drained and the flippers went dead. I'm not sure if it's code related or I need to check my ball trough hopefully it's not code related. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes my Star Trek pro also drops flippers mid way through a game. We played 10 games tonight and 2 games dropped the power on the flippers. I think I was on Space jump 2 and just after multi ball finished the 1 ball on the playfield was still going around when all of a sudden all the flippers stopped. The ball eventually rolled down and went into the trough and registered. I believe this is a bug as im the second person to report this issue.Version 1.5 did not have this issue and only after I loaded in 1.6 on the second game the flippers died during a game.

#163 9 years ago

Just played one game with the new code -- pretty good score for the new code

IMG_1999.jpgIMG_1999.jpg
#164 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

» YouTube video

Wow. Ok, I have not been a fan of the game all. But I'll admit it. After seeing this video, I'm going to give it another try. It looks like there are massive changes since the last time I played it.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wow. Ok, I have not been a fan of the game all. But I'll admit it. After seeing this video, I'm going to give it another try. It looks like there are massive changes since the last time I played it.

I really liked the game before the patch. I think this just became a "must have".

Quoted from ernoe:

» YouTube video

I watched all 18 minutes of your game. Nice shootin.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Trade Your pro in for an LE and You might give it top 5 rating. Code is great and light show is freakin' amazing!!!

lol.... I'm perfectly happy with my refinery addition pro!

#167 9 years ago

Sorry guys but I cant find the info. Does the Premium have the color changing apron lights?

#168 9 years ago

Got home from Devils game last night, installed update, I didn't get bed till 2:30.

This game is now epic.

All summer, I was sick to my stomach for how much the LE cost…but WOW!!!! Now it was totally worth it.

#169 9 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the update Stern! I am working from home today. Must resist urge to play ST....must resist.....

#170 9 years ago

58. Tweaked - Tier III missions all keep your progress if you drain or timeout. You will pick up where you left off with each of them.

This is a good one to prevent starting PD3 over and over without finishing it.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Sorry guys but I cant find the info. Does the Premium have the color changing apron lights?

Yes

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Awesome! Thanks for the update Stern! I am working from home today. Must resist urge to play ST....must resist.....

Toby: One thing you're going to want to look out for is carpal tunnel syndrome, so it's recommended that you take a ten minute break from typing every hour. For your circulation, um, you're gonna wanna get up out of your chairs and move around about ten minutes every hour.
Michael Scott: Yes. Good. Fine. Like stretching.
Toby: Um, yeah. Your computer screen can be a big strain on your eyes, so it's also recommanded that you step away for about 10 minutes every hour.
Michael Scott: Wow. That time really adds up. Like a half an hour every hour?
Darryl: Take them at the same time!

Ignore Darryl and do the Michael Scott approach to safety.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Yes my Star Trek pro also drops flippers mid way through a game. We played 10 games tonight and 2 games dropped the power on the flippers. I think I was on Space jump 2 and just after multi ball finished the 1 ball on the playfield was still going around when all of a sudden all the flippers stopped. The ball eventually rolled down and went into the trough and registered. I believe this is a bug as im the second person to report this issue.Version 1.5 did not have this issue and only after I loaded in 1.6 on the second game the flippers died during a game.

check your opto connectors. It sounds weird that it happened right after the update but in this case, I believe the coils were beefed up a tad in the programming so it makes sense that the coils firing harder absolutely have in impact on that connector especially if it was on the borderline off to begin with.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

We need to thank Steve Ritchie, Dwight Sullivan, and the ST team for the code update.
Dwight Sullivan deserves a lot of credit.

You know this cant be said enough. I know for a fact Dwight was up days and nights working on this code and even on weekends. He and the whole ST team involved did a tremendous job on this update and its showing!

#175 9 years ago

Glad to hear the new code is out. Have to wait until Friday to play. Are there any glitches?

Have they fixed the repetition of, when battling Khan, the "Khan, your nothing but a mass murderer."

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yeah, dude. I've talked so much shit on Star Trek (because the old code was boring), but watching the update at PAPA finals makes me really, really excited to check it out in person.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know this cant be said enough. I know for a fact Dwight was up days and nights working on this code and even on weekends. He and the whole ST team involved did a tremendous job on this update and its showing!

Do you know if those guys were getting paid for their work?

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

Is that music you added or is that new to this version of code??? Because that is a different soundtrack than is currently on my premium which I have yet to update...

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you know if those guys were getting paid for their work?

I have no idea. Everyone talks about how lyman works afterhours to get his code done, does he get paid? I presume they're paid on a fixed salary - incentive bonuses maybe?? there should after seeing this update

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Toby: One thing you're going to want to look out for is carpal tunnel syndrome, so it's recommended that you take a ten minute break from typing every hour. For your circulation, um, you're gonna wanna get up out of your chairs and move around about ten minutes every hour.
Michael Scott: Yes. Good. Fine. Like stretching.
Toby: Um, yeah. Your computer screen can be a big strain on your eyes, so it's also recommanded that you step away for about 10 minutes every hour.
Michael Scott: Wow. That time really adds up. Like a half an hour every hour?
Darryl: Take them at the same time!
Ignore Darryl and do the Michael Scott approach to safety.

Safety is #1. A break was in order and played a few games with 1.6. Man, the medal awards sure get your attention. I love the start of KM where your medals get cashed in. I didn't make it too deep into the modes but noticed some lv2 modes look different. So far I like all the updates. Gameplay feels more involved and satisfying - especially for the lv1 modes. Might need a few more breaks later today - for safety of course.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have no idea. Everyone talks about how lyman works afterhours to get his code done, does he get paid? I presume they're paid on a fixed salary - incentive bonuses maybe?? there should after seeing this update

I say we all pitch-in to pay him to write some Cannon Code for ACDC!

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I say we all pitch-in to pay him to write some Cannon Code for ACDC!

I don't have my acdc anymore

#183 9 years ago

The music the same with this new code or is it different with using the movie soundtrack instead?

#184 9 years ago

Havent had the opportunity to update yet, but like what I am hearing and reading. We rode Stern pretty hard so its great to see they did so much work on this update, so thanks Stern for not letting this game sit as it was. Credit where credit is due. If SKB likes it, then thats a great sign. He had a lot constructive ideas and helped push the agenda.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

Yeah, dude. I've talked so much shit on Star Trek (because the old code was boring), but watching the update at PAPA finals makes me really, really excited to check it out in person.

It's like playing a whole new game.

IMO, this is now Stern's best game.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, this is now Stern's best game.

Of course, someone with the name "Trekkie1978" may be a bit biased ...

#187 9 years ago

Lol, I just emailed the local OP asking if the code will be updated and if he can move it out of a local dive bar. I find it hard enough playing pinball without the fear of being stabbed.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I just emailed the local OP asking if the code will be updated and if he can move it out of a local dive bar. I find it hard enough playing pinball without the fear of being stabbed.

ST seems like a weird theme to have at a dive bar.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

ST seems like a weird theme to have at a dive bar.

I know. The previous games were WOZ and TAF. We have absolutly no place to go in Cedar Rapids to play. We have 6-7 locations with just 1 pin. BUT SOON, we have a new barcade opening up and already has 6 pins in stock. Opening in May.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Had it happen on my LE

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

BUT SOON, we have a new barcade opening up and already has 6 pins in stock. Opening in May.

Lucky you!

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

This is good news. So Star Trek has been out what, 1.5 years now? Took a little while but I'm happy.

Code level is 1.6 ... So I'm going with 1.6 years ...

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Had it happen on my LE

Had this happen on my Pro...third game after code install. Never had it happen before on old code

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from ernoe:

» YouTube video

Great video

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Had this happen on my Pro...third game after code install. Never had it happen before on old code

I'll mention this one more time. the coils are firing slightly harder on the new code. So while the connectors were on the fringe of coming loose - the update just helped push them off the edge. Reseat your connectors and all should be good.

#196 9 years ago

It sounds like the payoff for the medals is getting to the wizard modes. Does this mean there is less of an incentive to go 3 deep now?

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

It sounds like the payoff for the medals is getting to the wizard modes. Does this mean there is less of an incentive to go 3 deep now?

Well you could go deeper before finishing level 1 for KM to build up more medals before starting. I haven't actually tested that yet though.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I would think going three deep would help obtain more medals. I would go for it, anyway.

#199 9 years ago

But.....do level II and III medals count towards a level 1 based KM wizard mode?

And if they do, can they be re-used for EA or 5 year mission?

#200 9 years ago

going 3 deep also awards the 2X multiplier. Trying doing SJ3|Nero3 then start double scoring and galactic lanes (PD1) and see what your final PD1 score will be

and also what Aurich said; if you can get a set of gold medals before kobayashi...cha ching!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

arcade-cabinets.com

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-16-code-is-live/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.