gc.JPG
images (2).jpg
20150318_194153.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg
image-913.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
startrek.jpg
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 9 years ago

Awesome update. Great job Stern to listening to your biggest supporters. The pinball fans! Keep the code updates coming!!!

#102 9 years ago

done ,Thank you gents, Live long and play pinball!!!

#103 9 years ago

Steve and Dwight...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

#104 9 years ago

Happy to hear this guys. I know you all have been waiting for this. Enjoy.

#105 9 years ago

I just played about 10 games and there are some great changes. I did notice 2 times when I hit the start button to begin a new game it instantly chose my mission, not a chance to cycle thru them??

#106 9 years ago

Very happy with the update and hope there is more to come.

#107 9 years ago

Update is really awesome! I notice changes at every turn. Well done. This game was already a keeper. The medals are a super addition. Doing well in a mode should always be a goal and should always be rewarded.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I just played about 10 games and there are some great changes. I did notice 2 times when I hit the start button to begin a new game it instantly chose my mission, not a chance to cycle thru them??

You should be able to cycle thru and choose your mission. I think there was a thread on this awhile ago about maybe the vengeance switch or another switch that was too sensitive so when the ball came out of the trough the switch would make, hence auto selecting your mission. Check your switches in test menu, maybe give the game a nudge or two and see if any switches go off from the vibration?

#109 9 years ago

Played 1.6 at home on my premium... really enjoying the medals plus the game feels much more intense and the sound mix seems better... great update.

#111 9 years ago

wow...what an adrenaline rush...new code kicks ass and lightshow is amazing...well done stern!

#112 9 years ago

lol, the fam and I went out for frozen yogurt while it was loading.

#113 9 years ago

Holy fn S*!t new code totally rocks. 3 games and lovin it. Thank you SR u da BOMB!!!!!!

#114 9 years ago

Wow! I only played two games so far but have found it thrilling. Love the medal awards, and I love how the inserts flash white with each shot you make. On my first game, I beat all of my high scores on 1.5 and got to Warp 9.2, so already the code is making me a better player. Can't wait to play more tomorrow, but bed calls as I have to wake up early. Very jealous of you West coast guys.

#115 9 years ago

First game, factory settings. Definitely got more scoring opportunities going on. Started both 2x scoring modes, managed to get some serious STE combo awards during the first one, and then started the second one during Kobayashu MB and carried it plus the extra Kobayashu ball into a PD2 and Klingon multiball. Since I was still in 2x multiball when I hit mode start after KMM, it autostarted PD when I hit the left saucer.

st.pngst.png

#117 9 years ago

Wow what a great update, thank you Steve Ritchie and all the people at Stern who made this happen. Lots of wonderful new things going on to explore!

#118 9 years ago

For the whole team. Steve Ritchie of course. Dwight Sullivan for stepping in and doing a great job hitting cleanup. Lonnie and crew for all their work too.

Stern came through, and it's important that we acknowledge the hard work they do for us. Do we deserve it, after all the money we spent? Hell yes. But that shouldn't take away from the fact that they've put all this effort and thought and care in for a great game.

And I think it's clear that's what it is. I was a little down on it the other day, but to be honest I was in kind of a crappy mood, and I let that color it.

Happy to say I think the game has come out great, and if this is the end of the code, so be it, it's a finished game and really solid. If we ever see another update, hey, icing on the cake.

#119 9 years ago

On the le what are the lights on the apron for?

#120 9 years ago

You LE/prem guys notice when you get a bronze medal the game turns bronze; silver for silver; and gold for gold! Love the attention to detail for stuff like that.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

First game, factory settings.

Aw man, you had to show a pic of my 32 million point game.

I'm really digging the new update.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

On the le what are the lights on the apron for?

Bling.

They just light up now with the color of the mission you're on. Nothing crazy or special as far as "interacting" with the game or anything, but it looks pretty sweet. If someone sold it as an aftermarket mod people would line up to get it.

#123 9 years ago

I put the movie soundtrack music in the previous code via pinball browser. I'll be doing it for this release as well. Anyone notice if there were any new music cues added in this release? I'm assuming the medals get some kind of new music to go with it?

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Bling.
They just light up now with the color of the mission you're on. Nothing crazy or special as far as "interacting" with the game or anything, but it looks pretty sweet. If someone sold it as an aftermarket mod people would line up to get it.

Introducing the Star Trek pro interactive apron color mod.
Line forms to the left.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Bling.

They also strobe rapidly and through the rainbow of colors when you have 2x scoring going.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I put the movie soundtrack music in the previous code via pinball browser. I'll be doing it for this release as well. Anyone notice if there were any new music cues added in this release? I'm assuming the medals get some kind of new music to go with it?

They get new sounds, both when awarded and when redeemed, but the music is the same as the "you got three in a row" standard background tune.

#127 9 years ago

Holy crap! I just got done playing my first game on the new code. The light and sound show is f***ing insane! I love that all the flashers are now used! Talk about an adrenaline rush when everything is going off at once. Love the medals! Love the new GAT dots and sound effects! Love the apron lights! This update was well worth the wait. Thank you, Stern!

#128 9 years ago

Looks like some new music has been added or at least the sound calls have moved around. I was trying to put the movie soundtrack songs in and a lot of them don't line up with the new ROM. Guess I will hold off until a rainy day or someone else figures out the new bookmarks. There are a few cool sounds that I have not heard before...

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

gweempose edited this post -1 years ago.

How did that happen on a one minute old post?

#130 9 years ago

I also forgot to mention that the sound mix has been greatly improved. The volume on Urban's custom callouts has been adjusted to better match the rest of the callouts, and the game in general just sounds way better. They clearly worked very hard on this.

#131 9 years ago

Love how the apron LEDs go all lucky charms crazy when 2x scoring is announced!

Also noticed it says "You are Champion" when a warp etc champion is achieved at the end, a nice throwback to BK2000.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How did that happen on a one minute old post?

That's weird. Mine doesn't show that. It says edited 2 minutes ago. Robin is still tweaking that.

#133 9 years ago

how far will this update push the game up on the top 100 list?

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

That's a very good question. Even though I've owned the game since it first came out, I've held off rating it because I was waiting for the new code all this time. I'm sure others have as well.

#135 9 years ago

This is good news. So Star Trek has been out what, 1.5 years now? Took a little while but I'm happy.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Somewhere between 10 and 15 would be my guess.

#137 9 years ago

Loving the new code. The medals are a great improvement! I like the level 2 mission changes too. First game high score rocked. Definitely some new scoring ops. LOVE IT. Thanks Stern!

startrek.jpgstartrek.jpg
#138 9 years ago

Played about 10 games.....love it. Like the Medals, lights are amazing, some new sounds, and Galactic lanes was a suprise, very cool. Also, multiplier/bonus is waaaay better.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

top 50 for sure... maybe top 25

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

top 50 for sure... maybe top 25

its at 18 now...

#141 9 years ago

Had time to put in about 10 games.

The new sound effects for the medals never failed to startle me. lol
Love the new Away Team Audio cues and DMD screens. Very easy to tell what to do now.
The extra ball light show, even on the Pro model is enough to induce a seizure.
Made it to double scoring as was surprised at the new 60 second timer. Yes.
Heard some new call outs and had a blast.
Did not make it to Kobayoshi yet to see the countdown, but looking forward to it and the new Vengeance 3 mode.
This game Rocks now.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

its at 18 now...

I think that's fair

and I own one :p

#143 9 years ago

I'm up and running on a Pro. Very well done. Stern got this one RIGHT...

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

its at 18 now...

For me it was very close to being a top 10 pin before the update.....no lie.

Now.....? I need some time but it looks like it's clearly going higher.

#145 9 years ago

We need to thank Steve Ritchie, Dwight Sullivan, and the ST team for the code update.
Dwight Sullivan deserves a lot of credit.
I am happy we the customers got a great update for a great game.
The code is a sight for sore eyes.
We need to thank Aurich for his psychic abilities.
I hope Mezel Mods create new items for ST.
I think STLE will become a top 10 game.
Captain_Kirk is probably jumping up and down in excitement.
image.jpgimage.jpg
He is a turkey for only owning the game 5 days.
LOL

Spock is happy about the code, and wishes us to live long and prosper from the grave.
Enjoy pinball, keep exploring the code, and boldly go where no pinballer has gone before.

#146 9 years ago

Happy for all those invested in Star Trek, wish there was one close to play!

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Happy for all those invested in Star Trek, wish there was one close to play!

You could buy the pin, and play it everyday.

#148 9 years ago

I (hopefully) have at least 3 on the way Congo, TBL and Hobbit. Will rip those up for a bit and perhaps trade if there's someone close by with a ST premium

#149 9 years ago

Where is erak?
I bet he is jumping up and down in excitement.
erak:
It is time to celebrate!!!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#150 9 years ago

New code is great!.The light show is amazing.I hit the the ramps better than I ever have.It seems like the flippers have more power or have quicker response time?.Or am I having a new code Placebo effect?.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-16-code-is-live/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.