Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by musketd
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Ok got to update the code on our pro at the movie theater tonight and I know everyone has been asking for this.
Some of the great changes that have been made to the code:
1. The number one thing people have been asking about THEY TOOK THE CHICK"S VOICE out for JACKPOT CALLOUTS ))))))))))))))))))) HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS YEAH
2. Numerous different match animations now come into play
3. New sayings and quotes for high scores table
4. New mode rules with combos playing a huge part and you can earn very high points too
5. Some real cool new sound effects have been added into the game and are very neat and distinctive.
6. Some new rules have been placed for all the multiballs and yes I said all the mballs; I counted at least 5 different multiballs in the game now.
7. One of those rules is the return of VICTORY LAPS ; Once again I love this because it is great for the great players out there instead of just starting over from the beginning.
8. Super Skill Shot is in there and is very cool when you get it guys
9. Also has some new unique combos in the game that I did not see before
10. Lot's of the second round of modes are now running and have animations and everything with them.
11. Some very cool new effects are now done for vengeance mball and some new different levels to it too.
Ok now what needs to be worked on
1. Super Pop Bumpers, Super Spinners, and Super ramps; all need some cool call outs and some sort of animations for them.
2. The shield targets need to be implemented and not just count towards the black hole awards
3. They need to do something about the pop bumper levels; they have been doing the same thing for a long time and it would be much cooler if they changed it up a bit here

Lastly they need to get need to implement the warp ramp awards better
IN Conclusion; this game is already light years ahead of Metallica Code Wise and it shows when you play it. If they keep making the code better and address some of the things within the code; then this game has potential to be Steve's best game yet.
PS I hope this helps the people out with the ?'s on the new code

#2 10 years ago

The new Neeo sounds are great. Small details really make a huge difference .

#3 10 years ago

Thanks. Sounds like the new guy is turning out to be a good programmer?

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah I really like some of the details he is putting into this game TANIO is the lead and is being helped by Lonnie, Waison, and Mike.

#6 10 years ago

Sounds like the stage Xmen should have been in 1 month after its release. Too bad it only took 1.5 years.

Sucks to see this when Metallica owners deserve so much more too. Not only is Metallica's code flawed (sling pops, hammer issues) but its missing major modes.

#7 10 years ago

I understand the concept, but what is the victory lap?

#8 10 years ago

Victory Laps are something to shoot for after you obtain your super jackpots; so instead of just having to start all over again it is a very cool reward to keep shooting for; great thing for the more skilled players out there

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Victory Laps are something to shoot for after you obtain your super jackpots; so instead of just having to start all over again it is a very cool reward to keep shooting for; great thing for the more skilled players out there

one of xmens biggest flaws is defeating a hero/villain mb then starts over vs the same villain you just defeated. Irritating. Glad to see the return of victory laps

#10 10 years ago

How about the Captain's Chair mini-modes? Are they in there yet or do you still simply get a little bonus like "super pops"?
Scott

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I really like some of the details he is putting into this game TANIO is the lead and is being helped by Lonnie, Waison, and Mike.

I wish games I paid a ton of money for had 4 people working on them...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Sounds like the stage Xmen should have been in 1 month after its release. Too bad it only took 1.5 years.
Sucks to see this when Metallica owners deserve so much more too. Not only is Metallica's code flawed (sling pops, hammer issues) but its missing major modes.

You must not be aware so here ya go....problem solved.
http://sternpinball.com/Service/bulletin/-182-metallica-le-and-premium-games.aspx

#14 10 years ago

Thanks Derek , Just what I wanted you to say .

#15 10 years ago

Who knows maybe Steve Ritchie, had an agreement that if he produced this game, that based on his reputation the coding would be completed in a timely matter! If they ever wanted him to do another game, I could not think of a better way to p**off someone by not fully finishing the design.

Just my thoughts

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

one of xmens biggest flaws is defeating a hero/villain mb then starts over vs the same villain you just defeated. Irritating. Glad to see the return of victory laps

MagsMB has victory laps when you beat it. But yeah, everything else just repeats.

#17 10 years ago

Yeeah that doesnt make the magnet work better. Just prevents phantom hammers. Problem not solved

#18 10 years ago

I wish this solved the problem. It does not. Hammer still needs a lot of work. Software could at least virtually lock the ball even if the coffin/hammer takes its time to physically lock it. Wait, that would require more code. More code? Come on now, Metallica is soooo last summer.
Scott

#19 10 years ago

Why does everyone have to derail every thread about a games code with a bunch of whining about other games that aren't good code wise, or if they are good complaints with how long it took?

Back to Star Trek, the topic the OP posts about. I think the new code is fantastic so far. The game went from feeling incomplete to feeling pretty complete. I'm not suggesting they quit here, but the games in pretty solid shape now and a lot of fun. From what I've seen, all the modes are implemented in all three levels. There's a great combo system. There are battles with vengeance and multiple stages of them. You can use some strategy and start vengeance fight then stack in Klingon multiball, for example.

As far as the captains chair awards, I don't feel that they're stubbed in. I think this is how they're gonna stay. Perhaps captains chair insert will be used for something else? You compete 3 in a row and get a pretty good reward. I love super ramps.

I like the warp ramp so far. It keeps memory of warp factor between balls. Warp 7 lights extra ball.

#20 10 years ago

My only question is why does Derek always put the word "guys" at the end of his thread titles?

#21 10 years ago

I'm glad that warp speeds and all the "three-in-a-row" awards now carry over into the next balls.

SOOOO close to getting warp 10 tonight....

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why does everyone have to derail every thread about a games code with a bunch of whining about other games that aren't good code wise, or if they are good complaints with how long it took?

Jealously and an inate, though likely skewed, sense of fairness. My bad. Sorry for the derail.

I am glad for ST owners that they are getting solid code.

#23 10 years ago

Sounds like a good update. I am happy for the ST owners and hope we will get the same treatment for Metallica and the other games in the next weeks.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why does everyone have to derail every thread about a games code with a bunch of whining about other games that aren't good code wise, or...

Bla bla bla xmen needs better code for its mb's bla bla bla

PS
I kid. Back to the topic, less talking more video...oh wait there is no video

#25 10 years ago

this is definitely good news, i was waiting to buy one, now all i need to see is a video, i think bowen from papa is making one this weekend if i remember right, can't wait to see that!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Because its the internet

Great news to hear the third tier of missions is at least present. At expo, stuff like Nero 3 was literally a black DMD with a timer and NERO III on it. Interested to hear if all three tier completions yields mini-wizard mode multiballs or whatnot at this point.

Do the shield targets do much?

#27 10 years ago

Are these nero mode sounds at 6.45 mins the ones that have been added ? Maybe this was the new code being played

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My only question is why does Derek always put the word "guys" at the end of his thread titles?

Cuz 'bros' or 'dudes' would be gender specific and 'guys' is generic enough to include the women as well. Derek is progressive like that!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Also Derek loves guys. Guys and code check out this video of Derek bugging Steve Ritchie in person about Star Trek code Starts at a 3:50 or so.

#30 10 years ago

"Code" the final frontier
Stern programmers are the voyagers of the pinball empire Stern
Their mission to seek out new life and mode's for the games that are developed
To finish what they started, where no Stern has gone before!!

LOL, LOL

Just having fun while waiting for my LE,

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I like the warp ramp so far. It keeps memory of warp factor between balls. Warp 7 lights extra ball.

Thank God!

#32 10 years ago

Good news!

#33 10 years ago

Still seems like there isn't enough of Khan yet in this game. I wonder if he's involved in some Wizard mode we haven't seen yet.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Still seems like there isn't enough of Khan yet in this game. I wonder if he's involved in some Wizard mode we haven't seen yet.

Check the rom out in pinball browser

#35 10 years ago

I have.....that's what I'm talking about...

#36 10 years ago

Can I ask about any loopholes for big scoring during "super ramps". I heard there might be a way to qualify super ramps mode and then just keep backhanding the left ramp like 16 times in a row for big points. Is this true, or have they fixed things like this?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I have.....that's what I'm talking about...

I saw he is in the scene when they take over the Vengeance and when Spock fights him. Not sure if that was in previous code or not. I would like to see more Nero.

#38 10 years ago

Yeah, he's there with Kirk and Scotty (on their side) and in the new code, fighting the Klingons (again, on Kirk's side) and a small fight with Spock. I want to see him in charge of the Vengeance too, not just Admiral Marcus. That would go with the movie better, and make it a second battle with the Vengeance under Khan's control.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Yeah, he's there with Kirk and Scotty (on their side) and in the new code, fighting the Klingons (again, on Kirk's side) and a small fight with Spock. I want to see him in charge of the Vengeance too, not just Admiral Marcus. That would go with the movie better, and make it a second battle with the Vengeance under Khan's control.

Very true. Perhaps they will make 2 or 3 scenarios with the Vengeance.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Very true. Perhaps they will make 2 or 3 scenarios with the Vengeance.

On the LE and Premium, the Vengeance should "crash" after defeating Khan in control of it, not Marcus.

My 2 cents......

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Can I ask about any loopholes for big scoring during "super ramps". I heard there might be a way to qualify super ramps mode and then just keep backhanding the left ramp like 16 times in a row for big points. Is this true, or have they fixed things like this?

This is still possible. But I don't consider it a loophole to be fixed. It's an exciting scoring mode and a great reward given for performing well.

#42 10 years ago

Has anybody definitively figured out the triangles in the middle of the playfield and exactly how they work now? I notice that they build up and you can now hit the button several times in a row. I am imagining it working like you can save back those hits and get the Vengeance MB started the hard way by smacking the drop enough times. Then when Vengeance MB starts, you smack the button and it takes a big chunk of HP's away from the ship. Is this correct? I didn't get to play enough tonight to test it, I had people waiting on me to pay to play When you own the game, you have to let them go right ahead

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Has anybody definitively figured out the triangles in the middle of the playfield and exactly how they work now? I notice that they build up and you can now hit the button several times in a row. I am imagining it working like you can save back those hits and get the Vengeance MB started the hard way by smacking the drop enough times. Then when Vengeance MB starts, you smack the button and it takes a big chunk of HP's away from the ship. Is this correct? I didn't get to play enough tonight to test it, I had people waiting on me to pay to play When you own the game, you have to let them go right ahead

Yep. Better to save them for Vengeance MB itself to get to the Victory lap round. You only get one Vengeance MB so make it count!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yep. Better to save them for Vengeance MB itself to get to the Victory lap round. You only get one Vengeance MB so make it count!

Awesome, I wish I would have done that on my good game tonight. I got 58 mil and completely blew Vengeance MB.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Sounds like there's some decent strategies developing on this early game/code. Would you concur?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like there's some decent strategies developing on this early game/code. Would you concur?

Yes, I am enjoying the game. The 2x shots for finishing a scene is brilliant and adds tons of strategy. Get that left ramp locked in at 2x ASAP. Warp 9.9 needs work though and the Vengeance hurry-up modes are dull.

#47 10 years ago

Wow what are the vengeance hurry up modes? I did not see any of those. I do concur on the warp ramp

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yes, I am enjoying the game. The 2x shots for finishing a scene is brilliant and adds tons of strategy. Get that left ramp locked in at 2x ASAP. Warp 9.9 needs work though and the Vengeance hurry-up modes are dull.

So is it kind of like TF where you get to pick your 2x shot? I must have missed that while playing.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

So is it kind of like TF where you get to pick your 2x shot? I must have missed that while playing.

You pick it by finishing the associated mode. Klingon is Warp ramp. Nero is left orbit ect. I'm sure Bowen will cover this on his tutorial tomorrow.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

You have to play out a mode (3 times) to get the multiplier, AFAIK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-130-code-review-and-what-changes-were-made-guys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.