Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by twitami
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

OK - I have been told by many, many people to avoid the cocktail pins like the plague.
Tough/expensive to fix, unobtainium parts, weak rulesets and short on fun factor.

The few I've played - yup--got bored quick (not including Night Moves...I know that one is pretty good..at least to me).
But Star Shooter looks fun to me...and I would like 1 of these for my collection..also so my smallest child can play something her size too.

Opinions welcome and appreciated - from owners, former owners, and those who have played Star Shooter at least 5 times.

#2 7 years ago

Star Shooter is basically the same game as all the other Allied/Fascination games. Roy Clark, Eros One, Circa 1933, Take Five, Star Shooter, and a few others are all nearly the same playfield with different artwork. In fact, I am kinda surprised no one has made replacement artwork for them. A big sticker with new artwork would be super badass, and probably pretty cheap to do for cocktail pins.

I have a few of them, and though I like them, they are pretty boring really. It is more a novelty thing. Or side table

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-shooter-cocktail-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.