You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F9FACA85-AAA3-4AD2-BC09-453D40738377 (resized).jpeg
92A0DECC-5FA6-471C-A519-7009493007C3 (resized).jpeg
6709B430-599C-4E89-9F29-92333AB97B54 (resized).jpeg
517FB238-C2A0-40CB-B643-2944B619E1D4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Congrats on your first Gottlieb. These are very different to work on than the other games in your collection. I’m sure it will be an adventure. I love the old Gottliebs.

2 weeks later
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from KentCO:

New driver board and new mpu board. Still not working.

What is it doing now? Have you done anything with your edge connectors? There is a kill switch on the coin door that is always problematic. Please report back. Gottlieb(s) are a very different beast.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from KentCO:

All the lights are working. The sound byte comes on about every three minutes and does a short two second loop. The pop up coil hits. Where is the kill switch on the coin door. I have a problem that the coin door doesn’t completely shut all the way sometimes. I have to get a new locking mechanism.

There is a switch on the coin door and I believe one on the bottom of the playfield that needs to be working correctly in order for the game to boot. The door switch on Gottlieb pins is normally closed which is the opposite of the other manufacturers of the time. Clean the heck out of the door switch contacts and test it with your meter to make sure it is working. I also can’t stress enough how important those edge connector pins are. The pins are shot after a couple dozen uses. My guess is your problem is one or the other (possibly both). How is your power supply? Do you know it it is producing all the correct voltages?
F9FACA85-AAA3-4AD2-BC09-453D40738377 (resized).jpegF9FACA85-AAA3-4AD2-BC09-453D40738377 (resized).jpeg

#15 4 years ago

Are your displays doing anything when powered on?

#17 4 years ago

You’re close to booting then. It is the kill switch or the edge connector pins. Also make sure you have a pinball in the game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-race-chip?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.