10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5931 (resized).JPG

#1 10 years ago

Seen a Star Race up for sale on Ebay the other day and was wondering if it's a pinsiders machine???? Listed at over $1,200 dollars.......I'm gonna follow it to see what it really sells at. I've noticed too that there are now 16 pinsiders who have this game (used to be only 4) and am curious as to their thoughts on it playwise etc.. Mine is in really good shape and I would never sell it, upper left loop, right/left vari-targets, and saucer shots are very difficult to make with any consistency.// Error: Image 152545 not found //

Russ

#2 10 years ago

I always watch those ads to see how they end up though I know I'll never find a nicer Star Race than the one I have now. Except for the cabinet, everything cosmetic in my game is NOS. As a matter of fact, the only way I'd buy another would be to get a better cabinet.

Steve

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Except for the cabinet, everything cosmetic in my game is NOS. As a matter of fact, the only way I'd buy another would be to get a better cabinet.

My cab is in pretty good shape but, I have contemplated repainting it. I don't think it would be all that difficult because the patterns are pretty straight forward. Where did you get an NOS PF?????

#4 10 years ago

When I started collecting System 80 (25+ years ago), I also would buy any NOS playfields, plastics, backglasses and instruction card sets ... anything that The Pinball Resource had in stock. Luckily, at that time, hardly anyone else was collecting them too. I would then wait for the time to do the swaps, still doing them. Just finished up on a MGoW early this year.

Steve

Quoted from RWH:

Where did you get an NOS PF?????

3 years later
#5 6 years ago

I was going to start a Star Race club but then I saw this thread. Could have started crying I got so emotional. Blownfuse was a good friend and taught me a lot- and the game he is talking about up there years ago is the one I now have the honor of hosting in my game room while I tune it up for Jvspin

Miss you buddy. Your game is well taken care of, I'll continue the conversation.

IMG_5931 (resized).JPGIMG_5931 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

Ok - so who has this game and can explain to me the yellow and green bonus multiplier system? For example, do I need yellow and green on 2x to collect 2x bonus?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ok - so who has this game and can explain to me the yellow and green bonus multiplier system? For example, do I need yellow and green on 2x to collect 2x bonus?

Yes, the four rollovers at the top light 2 yellow or 2 green advance multiplier lamps, collecting those in tandem in the middle of the playfield will award the end of ball bonus multiplier. You can collect all 4 yellows, but if you only collect 1 green, you will only get 2x bonus at end of ball. No tandems=1x bonus.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Yes, the four rollovers at the top light 2 yellow or 2 green advance multiplier lamps, collecting those in tandem in the middle of the playfield will award the end of ball bonus multiplier. You can collect all 4 yellows, but if you only collect 1 green, you will only get 2x bonus at end of ball. No tandems=1x bonus.

Thanks!

#9 6 years ago

I highly recommend you set your pin at 6.5 degrees and it will play fast and fun! Lot of open playfield on Star race so speed makes it awesome.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I highly recommend you set your pin at 6.5 degrees and it will play fast and fun! Lot of open playfield on Star race so speed makes it awesome.

Thanks! haven't checked the level on it yet, but I know I want it steep!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-race and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.