• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
71SFvqXoyyL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I know this has been asked many times before but I cant locate the answer by searching in the various forums. Does anyone know where to get new hardware that goes through the posts into the PF that has the nut/bolt deal on the top the the plastics secures to with the acorn nuts? I have been tumbling them for all of my restorations but in some cases the threads on the top are all jacked up. Also it a pain in the ass to get the walnut shells out of the phillips grooves of the other starpost screws. New would be a nice quick alternative.

Thanks!
RB

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I know this has been asked many times before but I cant locate the answer by searching in the various forums. Does anyone know where to get new hardware that goes through the posts into the PF that has the nut/bolt deal on the top the the plastics secures to with the acorn nuts? I have been tumbling them for all of my restorations but in some cases the threads on the top are all jacked up. Also it a pain in the ass to get the walnut shells out of the phillips grooves of the other starpost screws. New would be a nice quick alternative.
Thanks!
RB

I know you tried but Steve doesn't have them? It's probably wrong but I wire wheel if needed but mostly I just use Bar Keepers Friend. Damn that's a big image.

71SFvqXoyyL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg71SFvqXoyyL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

I saw those also. 12 bucks a piece! You know rcbrown316 has been around. I'm thinking he needs something different but let's see what he has to say.

#5 3 years ago

I'm sorry buck 25. That's fine.

#6 3 years ago

Game room guys sells them for 12 bucks each. Must be a typo.

#7 3 years ago

Steve has these because I bought them from him and they’re pricey. But his price is better than everyone else. I’ll look at my invoice.
PBR all the way.
Also just reuse them and get rid of those POS acorn/PAL nuts. They’re garbage and they screw up the threads. Use the little rubber ones from Titan. Buy a butt-ton and never run out again. Never go back to those bastard acorn nuts

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

I know you tried but Steve doesn't have them? It's probably wrong but I wire wheel if needed but mostly I just use Bar Keepers Friend. Damn that's a big image.[quoted image]

. I didn't try steve young yet. I figured I'd ask here first so there was a chance of not getting yelled at.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Steve has these because I bought them from him and they’re pricey. But his price is better than everyone else. I’ll look at my invoice.
PBR all the way.
Also just reuse them and get rid of those POS acorn/PAL nuts. They’re garbage and they screw up the threads. Use the little rubber ones from Titan. Buy a butt-ton and never run out again. Never go back to those bastard acorn nuts

I like the acorns from fastenal because they are shiny. I was tumbling them for more shine but its definitely tough getting the media out. Maybe i should try some lager media...or smaller so it falls out easier.

Also I have always reused them but as we agree they are jacked up sometimes. plus i like to get them game. get it playing properly and play it for a few weeks to work out the bug before the big tear down and restore. so swapping them out and getting the originals into the tumbler and ready for reassembly will save me a few days worth of tumbling and polishing later.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

I'm sorry buck 25. That's fine.

1.00ea if you buy 10+ which i just did for both

#12 3 years ago

Thanks a million for the help. Love you guys!

RB

#13 3 years ago

PBR all the way.

MUCH easier to link to PBL’s site than Steve’s

(Not to mention shipping costs are very often significantly more expensive via PBR, plus the surprise to find out just how much more when your bill comes).

#14 3 years ago

First thing I do with every new classic Bally/Stern; toss those fucking acorns in the garbage.

Just put the Phillips head up to the wite wheel to clean out material

#15 3 years ago

Use the little rubber ones from Titan.

I use the white rubber caps, and all of the pinball suppliers sell them. Titan Pinball sells silicone post caps, rings and post sleeves in many colors. I think that's where Crispin bought his to custom color his first Quicksilver.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 959.00
$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 3.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-post-plastics-hardware-for-early-ss-bally-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.