Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gerty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I just delivered the game to my nephew. After a few games, the same player shoots again lights, one in playfield and one in back box, blinks with the score reel as it scores.Also the special light on the out lanes blinks too. I forgot the schematic at home. Any thoughts where to look quick? I'm thinking on the advance unit? FYI once you hit the four drop targets the first time it sets double bonus. The second time it sets the same player shoots again. Third time is special light on one of the out lanes.

#2 6 years ago

Two questions:

Are we talking regular incandescent bulbs or LEDs? LEDs will flash on EM games due to induced current of adjoining wires in the looms.

Did you disassemble the game for transport? If so, maybe suspect a loose nut or other hardware that got under a Jones plug solder lug and is shorting to an adjoining pin.

#3 6 years ago

They are the stock incandescent bulbs. I always take it apart for transport. Unfortunately I had very little time there to troubleshoot it. It could be the extra ball relay needing adjustment perhaps. It was playing fine until I manually hit the drop targets down twice to show my nephew how the same player shoots again feature would work. After that the light issue started. Note that it does not actually give the extra ball just the light issue. I'm sure it was from traveling for sure. The problem is they live an hour and a half away. I want to get back there asap to correct it! I'm sure it's a simple fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-pool-extra-ball-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.