• Latest reply 9 years ago by PMcGee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

target switch.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm currently in the process of shopping out this game, but I could use some help on the target switches. When reviewing pictures I've been able to find on the web, it appears that the round target switches were color coded to the associated ball locks (i.e. the ball locked in the red ball lock is released by hitting the red targets, and the yellow by hitting the yellow targets, and the white releases both). These colored targets did not have a rivet in the center, but were solid. My game has all the switches with the more generic "bullseye" targets. I am trying to keep this game as original as possible, so I would really like to find the original style targets (2 red, 2 yellow, and 1 white). Anyone know where I could find these? I've checked with pinball resource, but I don't believe what they have are the same.

Any help appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Star-Jet is a fantastic game, I've been looking for one for years, happy to hear there are still some out there. And if you ever want to sell, you know who to contact

Regarding the targets, I've purchased replacement target faces for some gottliebs of that era from Pinball Resource. They didn't use rivets but a clip held them in place from behind. Check their playfield switch page ( http://pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm ) and scroll down to the round target faces (like GTB-A5201L the 1 1/8" target face in several colors) They also have 1" target faces. Will these work for you? When in doubt, call and ask Steve, he knows all...

Cheers,
Art.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. It's been on my list for a while too. I was lucky enough to get this one from Gene Cunningham's collection last year. It was not stored in the best of conditions, but fortunately the playfield and cabinet will clean up well and I was able to get a repro BG from Shay. Overall, a nice winter project.

I'll give these targets from PBR a try and see what they look like.

#4 9 years ago

I cleaned up my Star-Jet a few years ago and am not by it. If I recall correctly, the switches are rear-mount and I used something similar to this -

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14690-4

target switch.jpgtarget switch.jpg

Post edited by PMcGee: I changed out target faces, not the complete target.

#5 9 years ago

I'll probably re-use the existing switch stacks and just replace the plastic target faces. I think the ones with the rivets look more modern and might look out place on a game from the 60's. But I freely admit I'm being a bit anal about it.

BTW, anyone have an apron for this game in good shape...?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

I'll probably re-use the existing switch stacks and just replace the plastic target faces.

I looked at Star-Jet this morning. I did not change out those switches, simply replaced the plastic target faces. After looking at it, I remembered what I did.

I have cleaned up 30 or so machines in the last several years and sometimes they all run together in my mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-jet-info-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.