New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 205550)

Star Gazer Stainless Steel Ball Guides

By Orbian

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180511_100925 (resized).jpg
13FA11E5-033A-4DF0-8AD4-BECE7A0D8162 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_nxyzs0CxDM1uw94gao1_500 (resized).png
459E86D4-A11A-4B33-91D6-1E9C492462A0 (resized).jpeg
81EBC19E-734F-41A6-8B6B-C81F364B83A2 (resized).jpeg
E99F25E5-0801-4A03-A89E-52BE3032E923 (resized).jpeg
CC797750-1E5A-4DED-8969-CA2A74622532 (resized).jpeg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

If you are interested in the under playfield support brackets. Please read this post!

http://tinyurl.com/y72osecx

3 weeks later
#103 2 years ago

Almost ready!

2 weeks later
#104 2 years ago

The ball guides you were interested in are finished. A few other requested parts have been made too. We were not able to recreate the wire ball guides. You must order from the web site.

http://tinyurl.com/yc7lq8ur

This link is to the early Bally style apron brackets and playfield hangers. I'm not 100% sure but I think these are the same as what Stern used.

http://tinyurl.com/ycnnl9jo

Kerry will have some sets with him at the Allentown show, Mantis Amusements. If you're there stop and check them out.

Thanks for your support!

#105 2 years ago

Order placed. Thanks for making these happen.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Order placed. Thanks for making these happen.

I placed my order, too.

#107 2 years ago

Order placed also

#108 2 years ago

Placed my order. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

#109 2 years ago

Ordered mine too! Thanks for making them!

Brian

1 week later
#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

The ball guides you were interested in are finished. A few other requested parts have been made too. We were not able to recreate the wire ball guides. You must order from the web site.
http://tinyurl.com/yc7lq8ur
This link is to the early Bally style apron brackets and playfield hangers. I'm not 100% sure but I think these are the same as what Stern used.
http://tinyurl.com/ycnnl9jo
Kerry will have some sets with him at the Allentown show, Mantis Amusements. If you're there stop and check them out.
Thanks for your support!

I just wanted to let everyone know. Individual PMs were sent to everyone in this post that requested guides. We are now opening up orders to everyone that wants to buy these. If you requested these and have not ordered yet I suggest you don't wait. When they are gone they are gone! No extras were made and the demand is not high enough to remake these.

#111 2 years ago

procrastinated order placed!

#112 2 years ago

Another procrastination order placed! What screws hold these things down anyway? I took pictures of my last Stargazer but don't remember if I noted the screw size (duh).

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

I just wanted to let everyone know. Individual PMs were sent to everyone in this post that requested guides. We are now opening up orders to everyone that wants to buy these. If you requested these and have not ordered yet I suggest you don't wait. When they are gone they are gone! No extras were made and the demand is not high enough to remake these.

I just received my ball guides this afternoon. I have a couple of questions that I have asked you about in a PM. Please check your messages.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just received my ball guides this afternoon. I have a couple of questions that I have asked you about in a PM. Please check your messages.

I sent you a response!

#115 2 years ago

I want to make this perfectly clear because some people may not have referenced the Fathom post regarding these guides before committing to buying. The guides are all 100% stainless steel. The flat metal guide face is natural finished, meaning it has a slight grain to it. These are made this way so that they can be offered at a reasonable price. If you want them shiny like the originals you have to do that yourself or find someone with a buffing wheel that could do it for you.

If they were made from mirror finished stainless they would be very expensive. If they had the slightest blemish people would be complaining. I personally feel at the current price point they are a great value. Considering what plastic toys modified for your game sell for.

#116 2 years ago

Got mine today and they look great. I appreciate the effort took to get these made.

Quick question though. Is this piece missing a part? There's holes here, but nothing riveted on.

Sorry Orbian. I wanted to DM you about my question but I couldn't attach a pic in it.

20180511_100925 (resized).jpg

#117 2 years ago

Holes are.for nails where you attach to the rail.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

I sent you a response!

I have received your response and have since opened dialog with Kerry.

For the record, I also ordered some of the play field stiffeners that were indicated to be on the same tracking number, but they did not arrive with the guides.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Holes are.for nails where you attach to the rail.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks

2 weeks later
#120 2 years ago

quick question to just be clear on unless I messed it somewhere.

Are the under playfield support rails only made originally for some stargazer machines (not all) and are only optional if desired to use, correct? I have not seen these on two other stern machines that I have.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from China_Grove:

quick question to just be clear on unless I messed it somewhere.
Are the under playfield support rails only made originally for some stargazer machines (not all) and are only optional if desired to use, correct? I have not seen these on two other stern machines that I have.

My Hot Hand play field has them. My Big Game did not. A Cheetah play field I have has them. Catacomb has them. My Seawitch does not. My Nine Ball has them. Dragonfist has them.

There seems to be no rhyme of reason as far as I can tell.

I thought there were two parts numbers for a right and a left. Not true. There is one configuration that fits both sides and fits both the standard size Stern play fields and the wide body Stern play fields

#122 2 years ago

The only reason I can think of for not having them is lamps, targets or mechs too close to the edge of the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside