(Topic ID: 46098)

Star Gazer Reproduction Playfields - Summer 2013 Great Pinball Limited

By greatwichjohn

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Please post any comments here towards production of the playfields. These will be the first ones manufactured by my company. Most of the work will be contracted out & some will be done in house (here). Please note there is no official list to go on. They will be done on demand in small quantities.

Here is starter info:

Art package from Mike Halse - restorations done over the years about 4 playfields.
Playfields will be printed by one of my contractors - uv inkjet production.
Playfield prep & lenses inserted here.
Playfield cnc work done by one of my contractors.
Playfield clear coating - here & finished by contractor (same one working for CPR).
Playfield inserts from vendors.
Playfield shipping boxes - same style as CPR.

Playfields will probably be hard maple veneer, using Baltic Birch core. I'm sourcing this out to a mill in Canada, & it should be 1/2". Yes I know CPR uses 17/32" from other sources. The thickness will be printed & hidden near the bottom where the apron goes. Any warning text will be put here. I will probably list my company, year of production, Made in Canada, etc.

Currently the demand is 20+ playfields. This number doesn't really matter as they can be done in small batches. The realistic goal is 60 - 120 day production on small batches.

Price is $600 US shipped to USA/Canada. Europe & Australia will be determined later, or will be sold via Marco Specialties using FedEx, or other vendors if they want to sell them.

Need some help on the following before a donor playfield comes in:

Actual playfield size & thickness.

Lenses needed ? 3/4" - 11 white, 13 yellow, 7 blue, 5 green. 7/8"? - 10 white. 1" - 1 orange, 2 white, 3 yellow, 3 red. 1 1/8" - 1 orange. 1 1/8" rollover - 2 red.

2 weeks later
#2 11 years ago

Morning

Put me down for Star gazer playfield as well

Thanks

Rob

#3 11 years ago

Put me down on the list for a playfield. Thanks! Depending on the condition of the backglass when I receive my Star Gazer on Monday, I may also order a backglass from you.

-- Shawn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-gazer-reproduction-playfields-summer-2013-great-pinball-limited and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.