IMG_2014 (resized).JPG
IMG_4437 (resized).JPG
IMG_4440 (resized).JPG
IMG_4414 (resized).JPG
IMG_4413 (resized).JPG
IMG_4408 (resized).JPG
IMG_4403 (resized).JPG
IMG_4407 (resized).JPG
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

STAR CHILD FLAME PROTECTOR MOD FOR KISS LE/PREMIUM

This is a MUST HAVE protector for your Star Child plastic. I have replaced my star child protector TWICE inside a thousand plays and nearly every LE and Premium I have played has a cracked Star Child plastic. If you have had to replace yours then you know the headache involved in switching it out.

How does it happen? It happens when the Star Child drop target is down and a ball rolls over it as it goes up, it launches the pinball straight into the plastic (happens mainly in LGMB). During multiball modes you will have up to six balls on the playfield and one is bound to roll over the drop target as it launches upward.

My protector is stainless steel and 5mm thick so you will never have to replace it. The entire plastic area above the target will be protected in style. In addition to protecting your Star Child plastic, you get a flame MOD to add a little more KISS ambience.

Introductory first run price is $29 shipped International rates apply.

IMG_4394 (resized).JPGIMG_4394 (resized).JPG
IMG_4407 (resized).JPGIMG_4407 (resized).JPG
IMG_4403 (resized).JPGIMG_4403 (resized).JPG
IMG_4408 (resized).JPGIMG_4408 (resized).JPG
IMG_4413 (resized).JPGIMG_4413 (resized).JPG
IMG_4414 (resized).JPGIMG_4414 (resized).JPG
IMG_4440 (resized).JPGIMG_4440 (resized).JPG
IMG_4437 (resized).JPGIMG_4437 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Selling it with the name on it, or without?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Selling it with the name on it, or without?

Unless your standing directly over it, you can't see name, you can always put red tape over it.

#4 7 years ago

I won't be doing anything, since I'm not a potential buyer, but figured someone else would ask.

#5 7 years ago

Looks really nice. I just got a KISS and may pick this up.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Looks really nice. I just got a KISS and may pick this up.

Save your plastic man, replacing it is a PITA, no need to remove plastic for install and takes 10 minutes with detailed instructions for minimum plastic parts removal

#7 7 years ago

Well done Capguntrooper, ordered mine today! Don't let this happen to your plastic piece if you have a premium or LE.

Where did you get the Paul decal for the drop down target? That looks awesome.

IMG_2014 (resized).JPGIMG_2014 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

I like it but will only buy it without the advertisement on it.

#9 7 years ago

I REALLY want to order one of these but I can't get past the name on it. I don't mean to sound unappreciative. I'm just really picky about what goes on my machines. It probably wouldn't be too hard to paint over it. The flames are a real nice touch. Again, hope my comment isn't taken the wrong way. And as always thanks for taking the time to come up with this.

#10 7 years ago

....pretty pictures.

#11 7 years ago

capgun is a standup guy, you don t see the name all the way back there. the man serves our country I would proudly put that on my pin!!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I like it but will only buy it without the advertisement on it.

Quoted from thundergod76:

I REALLY want to order one of these but I can't get past the name on it. I don't mean to sound unappreciative. I'm just really picky about what goes on my machines. It probably wouldn't be too hard to paint over it. The flames are a real nice touch. Again, hope my comment isn't taken the wrong way. And as always thanks for taking the time to come up with this.

I can understand some people will not like the advertisement and you will not hurt my feelings if you paint over it. The only reason all my future mods will have a label on them is because two of my ideas were stolen and I will not make another mistake like that again. Heck just put a piece of red tape on it.

Quoted from robotron:

capgun is a standup guy, you don t see the name all the way back there. the man serves our country I would proudly put that on my pin!!

Thanks! Gonna put some extra deployment souvenirs in your next order

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Well done Capguntrooper, ordered mine today! Don't let this happen to your plastic piece if you have a premium or LE.
Where did you get the Paul decal for the drop down target? That looks awesome.

Top notch target decals on eBay sells them

#14 6 years ago

Showed this to a friend of mine with a premium, he likes it but wont put it on his game due to the "advertisement"... maybe the knock off wont have that text.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Showed this to a friend of mine with a premium, he likes it but wont put it on his game due to the "advertisement"... maybe the knock off wont have that text.

I will take 2 of these to support capgun, great pinsider. one for my le and one for a pro I will be selling off!

fuck the knock-off get the real deal!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I will take 2 of these to support capgun, great pinsider. one for my le and one for a pro I will be selling off!
fuck the knock-off get the real deal!

Ships in morning! Thanks, there are also plenty of KISS stickers one can add over name, again just annoyed with getting ideas stolen hence the name on mod. Knock offs won't have the same quality I bet.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I can understand some people will not like the advertisement and you will not hurt my feelings if you paint over it. The only reason all my future mods will have a label on them is because two of my ideas were stolen and I will not make another mistake like that again. Heck just put a piece of red tape on it.

Thanks! Gonna put some extra deployment souvenirs in your next order

Having your name on it won't stop others from making a similar item. I'd prefer it not have any advertising on it as well.
Cool idea though.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Having your name on it won't stop others from making a similar item. I'd prefer it not have any advertising on it as well.
Cool idea though.

Lol, when did I ever say it would prevent people from copying my design? Just do not want some one taking credit for my work is all. Feel free to buy a the knock off

#19 6 years ago

Just got my protector, wow, well made Capguntrooper! Not only does it serve to protect that very vulnerable plastic that will eventually crack if not protected but the flames that bend up really make that star child area pop!

For those that are really concerned about the logo this can be easily painted over for a $3.00 can of red metal paint/ primer. I had to spend $160 for a new set of plastics as Stern would not sell that plastic individually and there will be a point when you won't be able to replace it as they will be unavailable. This protector exceeds all expectations and should be on all premium/LE models. It's not a matter of if that plastic piece will crack, it's a matter of when!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Just got my protector, wow, well made Capguntrooper! Not only does it serve to protect that very vulnerable plastic that will eventually crack if not protected but the flames that bend up really make that star child area pop!
For those that are really concerned about the logo this can be easily painted over for a $3.00 can of red metal paint/ primer. I had to spend $160 for a new set of plastics as Stern would not sell that plastic individually and there will be a point when you won't be able to replace it as they will be unavailable. This protector exceeds all expectations and should be on all premium/LE models. It's not a matter of if that plastic piece will crack, it's a matter of when!

Thanks a bunch! In the process of developing some new metal protectors for other games as well, let me know if ya need any others!

#21 6 years ago

INSTALLED AND BAD AZZ! Love it Cap, thanks!

#22 6 years ago

got mine today so awesome and very well made
thanks cap!!

IMG_1279 (resized).JPGIMG_1279 (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago

Got mine the other day as well. Very nicely made. Looking forward to installing it this weekend. Thanks for the extras and a great mod!

1 week later
#24 6 years ago

Big shout out to Jay for a great mod. Every KISS owner should get one of these. Here's a well deserved bump! Thanks again!

IMAG0330 (resized).jpgIMAG0330 (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

The above picture shows an added bonus with the flames reflecting with the lights on, really cool effect! What a difference this mod makes and protects that area from cracking!

#26 6 years ago

Ordered!

#27 6 years ago

Super fast turnaround. Easy install. Looks great!!
Thanks!

IMG_1033 (resized).JPGIMG_1033 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#28 6 years ago

Have about 40 left. Thanks to all who have ordered.

#29 6 years ago

If you have a kiss and have not ordered, big mistake!!! It's a must have and excellent product. Thanks for mine # capguntrooper

4 months later
#30 6 years ago

Recommended 100%, I just installed mine and besides that looks very nice it is NECESSARY to protect your game trust me fellas!

B04E0228-371B-4F0A-909C-BF24C362243D (resized).pngB04E0228-371B-4F0A-909C-BF24C362243D (resized).png

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Recommended 100%

Does it still have the "CAPGUNTROOPER MODS" printed on top?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Does it still have the "CAPGUNTROOPER MODS" printed on top?

depends on if you have a can of spray paint

1 week later
#33 6 years ago

Received mine, looks great! FOR everyone complaining about his branding, it took me 30 seconds, twice to spray two coats of paint, just that easy. And, I made a decal for mine. If capguntrooper is ok with it, I'm happy to offer more decals for everyone painting theirs red.

20180120_201246 (resized).jpg20180120_201246 (resized).jpg

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Received mine, looks great! FOR everyone complaining about his branding, it took me 30 seconds, twice to spray two coats of paint, just that easy. And, I made a decal for mine. If capguntrooper is ok with it, I'm happy to offer more decals for everyone painting theirs red.

Looks sweet, for branding and copyright issues I did not use the KISS logo, but if you want to offer it "FREE" then there is no issues

#35 6 years ago

proud to have capguntrooper on mines
thanks for your service!

1 week later
#36 6 years ago

If you are thinking of waiting on this protector, DON'T! Once that Plastic cracks it spreads, breaks off and will affect game play! Get them before they are gone. thanks Cap, didn't want to replace that thing again.

#37 6 years ago

Still have these?

#38 6 years ago

Thanks capguntrooper for making this essential mod available for us Kiss owners
Looking forward to receiving mine, later all... from oz

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Still have these?

Yes they are, PM sent. I completed one more batch before my friends machine went down. Quantities are limited for a little while.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I randomly came across this statement I made some time ago...it really comes across as a shitty thing to say..I apologize

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I randomly came across this statement I made some time ago...it really comes across as a shitty thing to say..I apologize

I don't believe you. You should buy one to prove your sincerity............. LOL JK! No worries, your Karma is restored.

#42 6 years ago

Installed my protector yesterday. Easy to do. I opted to paint mine textured black from a rattle can, leaving the flames red. Looks like it came stock from the factory.

20180210_140116 (resized).jpg20180210_140116 (resized).jpg

20180210_140150 (resized).jpg20180210_140150 (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

pm sent

#44 6 years ago

Installed and looks great thanks. Logo doesn’t bother me and isn’t really visible during play.
I struggled to get the IR sensor screws back in for some reason. One is still missing because it would only sit loose on the hole.

EA23939E-B2CF-469B-ABBF-787806A07418 (resized).jpegEA23939E-B2CF-469B-ABBF-787806A07418 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#45 6 years ago

Last batch done, got 50 left and I think that will be it for these puppies. Get protected while you still can!

#46 6 years ago

Just received my Kiss flame protector mod, easy install and looks great
Most importantly, it’ll protect that vulnerable plastic area at the entrance of star child against potential damage
Just noticed on Sterns service bulletin that they have done a similar fix for their GOTG machines
They should have done this for us Kiss owners also, thankfully capgun trooper has stepped up and done the job
Thanks mate!

1 year later
#47 4 years ago

Gonna be the last batch for awhile as I have a deployment coming up again, so get em while I am around as shipping will be delayed.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Gonna be the last batch for awhile as I have a deployment coming up again, so get em while I am around as shipping will be delayed.

Any chance I can get in on the last batch before you deploy?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Any chance I can get in on the last batch before you deploy?

Ready to ship, just PM'd you

3 years later
#50 5 months ago

I’m 5 years late, but are these still available? Would like to buy one for my Kiss premium, thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium?hl=globalcop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.