7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CNKay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

I just picked up my first EM (Star Action) over the weekend.

It seems Star Action and Triple Action use the same artwork but the cabinet base color is different.

I need to re-paint and re-stencil the cabinet because mine was repainted over the original artwork -- badly.

Can anyone plese scan the original cabinet and backbox art so I can make some stencils?

I'd be most greatful!

Thanks

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Have you tried removing the newer paint without removing the original artwork? They may have painted it because it was in bad condition, but a lot of times it's not bad or even nice. Things like just magic eraser and 'elbow grease' can pull off certain kinds of paint, while Citristrip does well for others - but you have to scrape it very very quickly (like let sit for <5 minutes) or it'll just kill the original artwork as well.

Hi Otaku,

I'll try that - but looks like they may have used spray can enamel - FLAT black as the base and then painted an enamel gloss over the top of that. The gloss will likely clean off easier but not sure I'll be able to remove this. Anyway - I'll try to clean it off - but not sure it will come off.

I suspect that they painted it because the original Artwork is PINK so I'd be surprised if it was actually messed up.
Let you all know how it comes out - but would still like a tracing or scan if someone can help with that!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

And how does one scan a cabinet?

With a scanner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-action-or-triple-action-cabinet-scan?tu=Pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.